🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Worldfamous

Am I Crazy...

...or are production companies pulling movies from Netflix, amazon prime, etc., when they hear HDTGM is doing them? It seems like 3 or 4 of the last 10 movies have been on Netflix or HBO right up until Paul announces they're covering them. Then they disappear only to return a couple weeks after the podcast. Has anyone else noticed this?

...or are production companies pulling movies from Netflix, amazon prime, etc., when they hear HDTGM is doing them? It seems like 3 or 4 of the last 10 movies have been on Netflix or HBO right up until Paul announces they're covering them. Then they disappear only to return a couple weeks after the podcast. Has anyone else noticed this?

I don't know about pulling them, but I do notice HDTGM movies showing up on TV almost immediately after being covered on the show.

• Like 1

Why would that be a reason to pull them? If anything, it gets more people to watch them! For a nearly 30-year-old movie to become relevant again, if even just for a little while, would be any studio or television station's DREAM.

Why would that be a reason to pull them? If anything, it gets more people to watch them! For a nearly 30-year-old movie to become relevant again, if even just for a little while, would be any studio or television station's DREAM.

Because in each case I had to rent or buy the movie, rather than view it on Netflix or hbo go as I could have the week before.

I don't know about pulling them, but I do notice HDTGM movies showing up on TV almost immediately after being covered on the show.

It usually G4/esquire or Sci-Fi or whatever right? I noticed that as well. At first I thought it had something to do with the nerdist/Earwolf alliance a la Hardwick but since G4 is dead now I don't know what's going on.

• Like 1

Wow I literally just posted about this another thread. HBO Go though pulled Howard the Duck the day that Paul announced it, then put it back up a few days after the episode dropped. They also pulled Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles the day Paul announced (yes, the same day, I'm sure of it) but left Croc 1 and 2 up. So weird

Wow I literally just posted about this another thread. HBO Go though pulled Howard the Duck the day that Paul announced it, then put it back up a few days after the episode dropped. They also pulled Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles the day Paul announced (yes, the same day, I'm sure of it) but left Croc 1 and 2 up. So weird

Yep, and in both cases I was forced to rent on iTunes. Pretty sure it's not a coincidence.

I'm kind of torn on this one. I like buying the movies for sure, but I feel like I already bought them by having 4 different streaming services. I think I am just going to hold off on watching them until they go back up from now on. It's not like they deserve to be paid for their high artistic merit or anything

• Like 2

FYI the expiration dates on HBO Go are listed as soon as the movies go up, I would be surprised to find out that they pulled them before their listed dates.

Also, quite frequently when a movie expires from HBO Go, it appears on Max Go (and vice versa). It doesn't always happen, but it happens very frequently.

FYI the expiration dates on HBO Go are listed as soon as the movies go up, I would be surprised to find out that they pulled them before their listed dates.

Also, quite frequently when a movie expires from HBO Go, it appears on Max Go (and vice versa). It doesn't always happen, but it happens very frequently.

I wasn't paying attention to Howard the Duck's expiration date before Paul announced it for obvious reasons, but it went down for two weeks coinciding with the podcast and then popped right back up.

Sign in to follow this