🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 235 — Concert Buddies

If you don’t already know, Doug Benson hates candy wrappers, screaming children, and sticky seats. Although, he loves movies and he joins Scott on today’s Comedy Bang Bang to talk about Broadway, the first time they met, and being concert buddies. Our open door policy is in full effect as Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber returns to discuss important topics such as musicals, brunch, and barbecue. We’ll also learn a couple of new things about Doug & Lord Webber during a whimsical game of Would You Rather!

I haven't listened to it yet, but was this live streamed? Looks like it from the picture. I don't remember that happening...

Really glad Rob Corddry could take time out of his busy schedule to record an ad from inside a tin can for this episode.

• Like 1

EPISODE 69: "POST" COITUM

You have just got home from work and you walk into the post and everything is out of place and it looks like there has been a struggle. You call out for Wheelchair Girl, and wait for her to fall down the stairs or maybe wave to you from the living room just before a car bursts through the wall, but nothing happens. Something is wrong. The post is empty. All her things are strewn all over the place. What could have happened? What is the worst possible scenario in a violent home invasion like this? Could she be posting on another site? Could she be entertaining someone else right now? Is someone else using her for a couple laughs?

(the phone rings, and you pick it up)

"I have been watching you. You seem to have a relationship with this "wheelchair girl"..... well, If its not a relationship then why do you talk to her so much? you read her posts once a week, every week. How is that not a relationship?......Look, I have no idea how serious this relationship is, all I know is that you are investing a lot of your emotions in someone that you just met online...........Did you ask if she had a webcam? ....Why the fuck not? why would you not at least ask to talk to them on webcam,....Ok, ok, ok, this is none of my business, and I am sure you are waaaay too smart to be catfished. The reason I am calling is to demand a ransom for Wheelchair Girl. You have one second to continue reading this post or I will.... Oh, nevermind. YOU DID IT. you must really love her to give into my demands so quickly. Wheelchair girl says that you gave in almost too fast. Now she says she is on the fence about whether she wants to live with you again. Oh shit, and now the fence metaphor seems to have punctured her causing a debilitating accident, and she says she will call you back next week, saaaame place, saaaaaaaaaaaaame time, and she is winking, and you can hear it, and finger banging/gunning, and now she is folding her arms and saying THE END, ........SCEEEEEE(studio audience is going insane)NNNNNNNNN(the cheer is subsiding)NNNNNEEEE(and it starts up again twice as loud as before)EEEEEEEEE".

• Like 1

After last weeks not so great attempt at Would You Rather, I'm really glad they did it again this week.

Also, the year is more than half over, and I can only think of 1 or 2 episodes that I didn't absolutely love. With the number of bonus episodes and also writing and filming the show, you guys have done an amazing job.

Congratulations Chocktaw, having the funniest podcast and T.V. show airing at the same time can't be easy, but you make it seem like it is.

• Like 2

I play Custer's Revenge in a way that gets some cardio going. If you know what I mean. Also, don't pretend like you don't know what I mean.

• Like 1

I know I shouldn't have but I kinda got turned off from this episode when they said video games are a waste of time. I understand that Doug and Scott are a bit older and didn't grow up with them but when they discuss movies, theater and TV but then say gaming is a waste of time just rubbed me the wrong way. Its all entertainment and art, why is one looked down upon more? Is it because its the newest?

• Like 2

Spoiler alert: Andrew Lloyd Weber (Grill) declared his nether regions to be "verdant." He probably meant this to imply that his downstairs man-carpet is thick and lush, but according to the dictionary (ha ha the first part sounds like dick!) he's really saying that he has green pubic hair.

Also: I had always assumed that Les Miserables was an Andrew Lloyd Webber (Grill) musical. *the more you know*

• Like 1

I know I shouldn't have but I kinda got turned off from this episode when they said video games are a waste of time. I understand that Doug and Scott are a bit older and didn't grow up with them but when they discuss movies, theater and TV but then say gaming is a waste of time just rubbed me the wrong way. Its all entertainment and art, why is one looked down upon more? Is it because its the newest?

Either video games are older than you think, or I'm younger, because I certainly grew up with them!

The way we played video games, we did it for eight hours straight a day. We never watched TV that long, or watched four movies or Broadway shows in a row. That's why our time was probably better served elsewhere.

• Like 12

Either video games are older than you think, or I'm younger, because I certainly grew up with them!

The way we played video games, we did it for eight hours straight a day. We never watched TV that long, or watched four movies or Broadway shows in a row. That's why our time was probably better served elsewhere.

Of course I understand eight hours a day of anything is likely not good, I also might not have my ages right but forgive me about that. Games are just something I'm passionate about and I really don't think they get the respect they deserve. I still have much love and respect for you guys.

Hilariously, the word cum as Aukerman defined is abused by the british soccer (football) press. Sometimes a player tries to cross the ball, but the ball goes closer to the goalie (and sometimes even in the goal) than another player. This is frequently described as a cross-cum-shot. Which makes me laugh every time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MN_l-UgI3U

• Like 2

Scott, you got the song wrong. It's not "Doug loves candy wrappers..." It's "Doug hates etc etc". The song points out all the things about going to the movies that Doug hates, but then it ends by pointing out that despite that, Doug does in fact, love movies.

• Like 1

Was this episode recorded awhile ago? Doug switched from "does anybody hunger for games" to "let the games begin" in his Bane voice some time ago. Obsessive nerds demand answers!

• Like 1

Hilariously, the word cum as Aukerman defined is abused by the british soccer (football) press. Sometimes a player tries to cross the ball, but the ball goes closer to the goalie (and sometimes even in the goal) than another player. This is frequently described as a cross-cum-shot. Which makes me laugh every time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MN_l-UgI3U

HAHAHAHAHAHAH. that is way funnier than marv albert's "facial"!! because marv is trying way too hard to be funny.

• Like 1

Lord ALW declared Doug "a worthy opponent", causing me to become very worried for a moment.

• Like 1

Was this episode recorded awhile ago? Doug switched from "does anybody hunger for games" to "let the games begin" in his Bane voice some time ago. Obsessive nerds demand answers!

I think it was. Scott didn't do the CBB weather report and he also didn't plug who was going to be on the TV show that week like he has been doing

• Like 1

I think it was. Scott didn't do the CBB weather report and he also didn't plug who was going to be on the TV show that week like he has been doing

They also neglected to mention "Dining with Doug and Karen" in Scottrick's round-up of Doug's podcast empire, which means this episode may have been recorded before April 2012. Truly, a treasure unearthed from the expansive Comedy Bang Bang vault*.

* Not to be confused with the Comedy Bang Bang Fry Vault, which is not (as some might assume) used to store comedy, but rather to safeguard french fries.†

† And occasionally icicles.

• Like 7

Sign in to follow this