🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 235 — Concert Buddies

I think it was. Scott didn't do the CBB weather report and he also didn't plug who was going to be on the TV show that week like he has been doing

Also said ALW's last appearance was when he had amnesia, did the bit where he overexplains the would you rather/wood pile thing which has been dropped lately.

They also neglected to mention "Dining with Doug and Karen" in Scottrick's round-up of Doug's podcast empire, which means this episode may have been recorded before April 2012. Truly, a treasure unearthed from the expansive Comedy Bang Bang vault*.

I think you mean April 2011. But I don't think it would be that quite old, I think they just didn't bring it up.

I think you mean April 2011. But I don't think it would be that quite old, I think they just didn't bring it up.

Nah, DWDAK's first episode dropped on 4-20-2012.

Yeah but all episodes are recorded a year in advance remember? Your theory would mean this was one was recorded over 2 years in advance.

• Like 1

Yeah but all episodes are recorded a year in advance remember? Your theory would mean this was one was recorded over 2 years in advance.

GAME SET MATCH.

Well played, Syme. Note to self: watch out for Syme.

I remember when I first got pubic hair- mainly because it was that very awkward time of 7th grade showers when some had it and some didn't. There was a kid in the locker room who had sprouted early and he would stick his dick between his legs and walk around saying, "Look guys! I have a pussy!"

• Like 2

Lord Webber's Quantum of Solace song gave me serious Adam and Joe flashbacks. Such nostalgia.

Guys, I solved it! Douglesss and Scottrick are both wearing the same clothes from "Zombie Candles"!

Picklefucked!

So it's clear to me after all the back & forth between Sir Lord Dame ALW and Scott that @CBBWYR is the Would Pit and @ScottAukerman is the Would Pile. For me, it doesn't matter whether one's a pit and one's a pile, their names both clearly mean that they're receptacles for our WYR scenarios, and I'll continue sending mine to both.

Either video games are older than you think, or I'm younger, because I certainly grew up with them!

The way we played video games, we did it for eight hours straight a day. We never watched TV that long, or watched four movies or Broadway shows in a row. That's why our time was probably better served elsewhere.

I appreciate this clarification, actually. I was sort of bummed by the "video games are a waste of time" generalization as well. But I hear what you're saying.

In a year with artistically ambitious games like Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us and Luigi's Mansion topping the charts while Hollywood is pooping out endless superhero movies and reboots, I was about to go on a rant of irritating proportions.

...But yeah, this episode was hilarious once ALW got in the mix. One of the best WYRs in recent memory.

"Andrew Lloyd Weber, which scenario are you voting f--"

"Werewolves."

"Why?"

"You know why."

• Like 1

Lord ALW declared Doug "a worthy opponent", causing me to become very worried for a moment.

You mean you got worried that LDALW is somehow conspiring with the Sheriff of Nottingham and was there as part of a plot to steal CBBs gold?

BTW: Goldeneye was THE best possible waste of time ever! My roommates and I had insane tournaments which were only interrupted by intermittent work and school duties. Stupid, stupid work and school.

I feel like PFT never got a full handle on his ALW accent this episode, which was hilarious to me throughout.

I love that PFT is a comedian that doesn't use curse words often, because when he does it's motherfucking hilarious.

• Like 3

I know I shouldn't have but I kinda got turned off from this episode when they said video games are a waste of time. I understand that Doug and Scott are a bit older and didn't grow up with them but when they discuss movies, theater and TV but then say gaming is a waste of time just rubbed me the wrong way. Its all entertainment and art, why is one looked down upon more? Is it because its the newest?

I sympathize with your situation as I am a gamer and cringed when I heard that. This was not the first time that a comedian on CBB ripped video games and discouraged listeners to play them as they are a "waste of time". I am surprised anyone would spend so much time watching tv/movies, etc and then think that JUST video games are a waste of time.

When I play games such as Journey, The Last of US, Shadow of Coleuses, Half Life series, Persona series, Zero Escape, Heavy Rain, La Noire, Red Dead Redemption, Batman Arkham series, Bioshock 1 & INF, etc, etc I am treated with well written stories, intelligent and funny dialog, beautiful scores and sounds, landscapes/graphics that affect me emotionally and lots of entertainment. This is much more then I can say for your average movie or tv series that is released now a days. Well crafted games/movies/books can change my mood and inspire me to be productive or allow me to reflect on something going on my life with new perspective. I include all 3 mediums, movies, games and books and neither is more valuable to me then the other. Books usually provide the most intelligent/educational writing, movies effect me the most emotionally, and games fall somewhere in between the two. Yes, if you play the right games I think you will find that video games have more intelligent, funny and thought provoking dialog then your average tv/movies.

Some ppl knock video games for making ppl anti social which is just ridiculous because you could say the same thing for books. It all depends on what types of games you play and whether you are capable of putting the game down at any moment when you really should. Games are great when played solo but even better with creative friends. When playing games which resemble interactive movies, I am equally entertained while watching someone else play as I am holding the controller. Video games are so far beyond just being silly fun with spacey sound effects that will rot your brain and give you sore thumbs. Anyone who is reluctant to play them because they consider them self "grown up" and not a kid anymore is missing out. If you spend all of your time in life helping people or developing new technology to improve society and have no time for entertainment then sure video games are probably not worth your time. But 99% of people could benefit from playing certain games, and I'm sure if the naysayers would approach it with an open mind they would realize their potential.

♫♪ Heyyy bros! As a devoted life-long gamer, I can confidently state that you are turning a throwaway comment from two extraordinarily busy gentlemen into an indictment of your entire lifestyle. Chill.

• Like 3

entire lifestyle

It's actually a small facet of my lifestyle, I just like to stand up for things that get squashed that are misunderstood by the majority.

♫♪ Heyyy bros! As a devoted life-long gamer, I can confidently state that you are turning a throwaway comment from two extraordinarily busy gentlemen into an indictment of your entire lifestyle. Chill.

Seriously. It's kind of embarrassing. They talked about how much time they wasted playing Mario Kart and Goldeneye, and you guys are talking about how ignorant they are for insulting an art form. Relax!

TRAILER FOR NEXT WHEELCHAIR GIRL MOVIE:

you can see someone watching a computer screen, and you look a little closer and its you, and then the camera pans

out to show the person who is watching you, and its you again, and then it pans out further and you see that everything is happening inside a large russian woman who is about to lay a nesting egg, and that is why their country is never as good as ours, and we win the olympics for the billionth time in a row, but we find out that perfect bodies aren't everything in life, and Russia is married for love and not sex, and gets the last laugh, but laughter is the best medecine and it cures our STD's, and no body wins, and equality gets the last laugh, and everyone is sort of a loser but not really.

• Like 1

TRAILER FOR THE NEXT TRAILER:

a video clip humanoid amalgamation is sitting on a couch inside a trailer, and then five MTV tv shows in humanoid form walk by and out of the trailer. He shouts after them, "i taught you everything you know!!!" "waaaalllkkkk of shaaaaame!!!" "umm, umm, jump cut, edit, jump cut, edit, music, music". "where do you think you learned to fuck with video like that", "it was meeeeee", "it has always been meeeeee'. "teen mom?,,umm, that has waaaay more of me in it than you want to know! That's my sperm people all over those teens", "um yeah. fix that one in editing for me, and wipe my video butt"."Did video kill the radio star?? Or was it mah dick?"

• Like 1

WHEELCHAIR GIRL'S GOD(ITS A SECRET) RESPONDS TO HER FAN'S PRAYERS

FAN: holy shit, please god. Do not ever charge us for these wheelchair girl posts ever. Thats firstly. And then secondly, only after you have done the first, please give me enough food to stay alive so I can keep watching Wheelchair Girl.

GOD(voice and face is disguised): the first thing you do when you are answering prayers is to look for obvious punctuation mistakes, and then sincerity. how does the phrasing of the prayers emphasize the sincerity of the request, and do they ever contradict themselves, or are they trying to get revenge by making the request, and could the request actually harm the person more than it helps them, and do they want me to do the opposite of what they are asking for, and if I do nothing, then is that exactly what they wanted all along, and by doing nothing am I doing EVERYTHING. You know what, fuck this shit, you be God, Wheelchair Girl. You be God and judge the world and hand out justice. I am giving you a new show in the Fall called "Wheel Time with wheelchair girl". Let's see how you can handle the heat in the kitchen. Coming this Fall!!! ummmmmmmmm, yeah!(explosion graphic)

• Like 1

I just want to draw attention to the fact that Lord Webber used the phrase "British Empire and whatnot..." to introduced himself!

I propose a new podcast called "Analyze Vish" where Scott, and Doug if available, are exposed to modern video games like Bioshock Infinite or The Last of Us and then give their thoughts on them.

Really from my perspective games are no more a waste of time than any other form of entertainment.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this