🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 68 — Over The Top: LIVE!

I see his picture, but I don't see the name Kenny Loggins anywhere on that list. Hmmm.

He now goes by Hellrazor.

I see his picture, but I don't see the name Kenny Loggins anywhere on that list. Hmmm.

That's because he is busy arm wrestling Satan.

That's because he is busy arm wrestling Satan.

I guess it is pretty difficult to bust out some sweet, sweet tunes when you're battling for our very souls, so I suppose I can forgive him for not having a track on this compilation just this once. Just this once...

Okay, so I actually watched the 2 hour premiere episode of Magnum P.I. last night (god bless maah wife). I think it's been a while since Jason watched it because apart from some short Vietnam flashbacks and a corny death scene (in an airport bathroom), there's not a lotta Loggia in it. And he doesn't really Loggia it up all over the place. Otherwise, solid early 80s TV.

I want to know if Jesus wins, what is he going to do with the money and truck? Set up his own trucking company named "Son, Father and Holy Ghost" maybe?

• Like 1

Honey Badger Narrates: Over the Top Arm Wrestling:

Sorry but HoneyBadger never stops being funny for me "See..this guy always wears his watch - now thats what I like about this armwrestler.".

Can someone please explain this quote to me, from Stallone's 'talking head' interview:

"To tell you the truth, the truck is the most important thing for me. I, I don't really...It doesn't matter if I become the champion or anything, that's not the most important...I, I need this truck."

If he didn't care about winning, and all he wanted was the truck (presumably to start his own business), then WHY THE FUCK DID HE SELL THE PERFECTLY GOOD TRUCK HE ALREADY HAD TO BET ON HIMSELF IN THE TOURNAMENT??

I hated this movie so much. I saw it last night and listened to the episode this morning. This movie has every cheesy and dumb 80s movie cliche that it's a little sickening. Also, what the hell was up with Lincoln Hawk(s) and his son? Jason hit it right on the head when he said that the relationship between Mike and Lincoln was like a romantic comedy between a man and a child. To take that a bit further though, I feel like the relationship was more like a teen rom-com relationship. Stallone came off as so awkward and pathetic in his attempts to reconcile with his son, that it's almost like the nerdy, awkward kid in teen rom-coms asking the hot chick out on a date. It made the whole dynamic even creepier to me.

Just one point: If the producers/directors etc of this movie saw that the double elimination aspect was confusing to audiences, why not (DOUBLE) ELIMINATE IT? They are making this up as they go along anyway. If the drama of a loss is what they wanted, they could have plugged in a scene where Hawk(s) loses, but then the other guy turns out to have cheated or something, allowing Sly to continue in the competition.

Such a good point.

The only defence of the script I'll attempt to make is that given it couldn't even get itself straight on the protagonist's name, the fact the stakes were horribly bungled is like an afterthought.

Can someone please explain this quote to me, from Stallone's 'talking head' interview:

"To tell you the truth, the truck is the most important thing for me. I, I don't really...It doesn't matter if I become the champion or anything, that's not the most important...I, I need this truck."

If he didn't care about winning, and all he wanted was the truck (presumably to start his own business), then WHY THE FUCK DID HE SELL THE PERFECTLY GOOD TRUCK HE ALREADY HAD TO BET ON HIMSELF IN THE TOURNAMENT??

Hey now, that was a really nice truck he was wresting for. It had the power to put him in a trance just moments before the finals?!? Of course it's the better truck machine.

I really felt vindicated when Paul said "By the way, Fuck this kid." This is literally one of the worst child actor performances I have ever seen.

By the way, am I crazy, or did no one in this podcast mention the scene where STALLONE CRASHES HIS RIG THROUGH ROBERT LOGGIA'S HOUSE AND IS PROMPTLY ARRESTED?!?!?!?!?!

I really felt vindicated when Paul said "By the way, Fuck this kid." This is literally one of the worst child actor performances I have ever seen.

By the way, am I crazy, or did no one in this podcast mention the scene where STALLONE CRASHES HIS RIG THROUGH ROBERT LOGGIA'S HOUSE AND IS PROMPTLY ARRESTED?!?!?!?!?!

Yeah, I don't remember any one of them mentioning that. As soon as I saw that scene, I said to myself, "If this movie weren't taking place in bizarro world, this movie ends right now and Stallone is going to jail for at least 10 years."

I'd give anything to find out who the hell Bobby was talking about when he said someones dad kicked his friend when they were kids.

OHH MY GOODNESS!!!!

AMC: Home Of A New Arm Wrestling Reality Show KING OF ARMS

Seems to be inspired by Over the Top, see what you people have done.. We've been buying copys of Over the Top and the sales have some how triggered the marketing bean counters at Warner Bros studio's to make a crappy tv Reality Show, that's my Conspiracy theory here.

I'd give anything to find out who the hell Bobby was talking about when he said someones dad kicked his friend when they were kids.

it wasn't bleeped the first day the episode came out and it was just some guy's name. It wasn't anyone famous or interesting or anything. I guess Bobby just felt bad about using his last name and it has since been bleeped.

it wasn't bleeped the first day the episode came out and it was just some guy's name. It wasn't anyone famous or interesting or anything. I guess Bobby just felt bad about using his last name and it has since been bleeped.

Oh what a bummer, the last couple of weeks i've been guessing random celebrities who might have fit the bill. My two favorite guesses were Gary Busey and James Caan.

I just finished watching the movie and listening to the podcast. Laughed myself to tears. My only explaination hope is can someone know what the tall shoes during the beginning of the completion?

Thank you.

Just listened to the episode again and concerning Jason asking if Terry Funk was there and shouted "You're Terry Funk!" at the crowd, I just have to respond by saying this is Terry Funk.

10923190_10206100878858453_2934127933580791474_n.jpg?oh=18f269032b407e0da21257498de211b8&oe=5619D36A

When i was a kid me and my brother received from a friend of my moms a box of old toys and in the box of old toys was Over The Top action figures.

They had little cranks in the back of the figures to make the arm of the figure move in an arm wrestle motion and there was a little arm wrestling table so the figures could arm wrestle.

I asked my brother recently about if he knows what we did with them because if i can find them i would like to send them to How Did This Get Made.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this