🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DavidBrianDanielBasile

I've just about caught up on every episode...

I have listened to nearly every episode of CDR/CBB. Much to my dismay, all I have now is to wait for new episodes every week.

I was wondering what would be another podcast with a similar sense of joke continuity like CBB? I have tried Who Charted? but it wasn't for me. Can you guys give me any recommendations?

Well if you like CBB you could try improv4humans and Doug Loves Movies. And if you like joke continuity listen to Mike and Tome Eat Snacks. There is callbacks aplenty in that one. Also, try listening to a Paul F Tompkins or Harris Wittels ep of Who Charted. Maybe you listened to an off episode.

• Like 1

Also, try listening to a Paul F Tompkins or Harris Wittels ep of Who Charted. Maybe you listened to an off episode.

Paul's own podcast (The Pod F Tompkast) would also be a good candidate.

• Like 1

I would recommend The Best Show on WFMU - there are sometimes hour-long bits with fake calls that are amazing.

• Like 2

improv4humans has possibly dethroned CBB this year as GOAT Podcast. But tied with both of those, in my opinion, is The Long Shot (featuring Eddie Pepitone, who you might remember as The Diner Marshall on CBB). Scott was actually the special guest this week on the show!

• Like 1

I don't have much to suggest other than to repeat improv4humans for overall comedy excellence, and Mike and Tom Eat Snacks as having a surprising amount of build and callbacks.

If you want something that's both comedy and has a consistently building narrative, the Thrilling Adventure Hour is amazing.

I've recently gotten really into the Todd Glass show, very high bit saturation.

• Like 1

I'd second most of the recommendations so far. I'd also recommend New Year's Eve with Neil Hamburger, Superego, and Dead Author's Podcast.

Have you tried the episodes in the shop? I've listened to every free episode and am currently close to catching up with the premium eps.

Sign in to follow this