🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Brett Arnold

Episode 158 — Malicious Fecal Distribution

The multitalented Michael Blieden stops by the calming shores for the very first time on this week's very special Sklarbro Country! Randy and Jason reflect on the past week's bizarre news stories before getting into with our guest and discussing what is was like working with Craig Kilborn on the early days of The Daily Show. After reminiscing about an old Cheap Seats sketch they all worked together on, Mike discusses how he came to direct the very popular Fiona Apple/Zach Galifianakis music video, which lead to his even more well-known collaboration with Kanye West. Mike shares many more fascinating tales from his career before rattling off some Quick Hits, and the show wraps up with a hilarious phone call with Tim Gunn from a few weeks back in which he shares his thoughts on the shocking Anderson Silva upset.

Great episode. I loved Melvin Goes to Dinner! I thought that film should have gotten way more traction.

..Michael, did you do an A&W commercial in the 90s? I remember that because I thought you were really good, sounds like a left handed compliment, but I remember thinking this guy will go places!

If that wasn't you, nevermind.

So excited that Michael Blieden was this week's guest! I loved his music video breakdowns on "The Daily Show." My favorite was the one about George Strait's "Check Yes or No" where Michael proclaimed that George Strait is about checking "yes," not like those other angry musicians who think it would be cool to check "no." Thanks for getting me through a rough workday, guys!

I loved this episode, as I love every Country and County episode. This one was so personal and sweet. I love it when the Wonder Twins' guest is a long-time friend with such deep connections. I LOVED hearing Steely Dan! My favorite band on my favorite podcast (along with Prof. Blastoff) is too good!

Drinking game idea: Take a shot every time Ran or Jays says "in that moment".

PEACE! I'm out! (drops microphone)

Sign in to follow this