🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

How has Stealth from 2005 not been covered yet? It was made by Rob Cohen, who had done The Fast and the Furious and xXx, and it shamelessly borrows elements from the likes of Top Gun (fighter pilots), Short Circuit (struck by lightning) and 2001: A Space Odyssey (intelligent robotic being) to not that much success. Not only did it bomb big time at the box office, it brought down Josh Lucas's leading man career and almost brought Jamie Foxx and Jessica Biel's fame to new lows. Please see this!

i have a theory that Jaime Foxx is like Nicolas Cage and just doesn't say no.

Saying it shamelessly borrowed fighter pilots, being struck by lightning, and intelligent robotic beings is a bit of stretch.

It wasn't a good movie, but I didn't find it to be horrible either, it was an adequate time-waster. I don't know if there's enough to make a good HDTGM episode.

I still laugh about a red carpet interview that G4 did with Josh Lucas, who for some reason was the star of the movie and not recent Oscar winner Jamie Foxx, where he basically gave away the ending to the movie before its premier. The hosts of the show went on to just rag on him about what a dumb move that was to do so, though it wouldn't have helped this hunk of shit from flopping.

I didn't mind this one too much, but I do remember thinking it was the most charisma-less movie I'd ever seen. Josh Lucas & Jessica Biel are basically the king & queen of bland.

I still laugh about a red carpet interview that G4 did with Josh Lucas, who for some reason was the star of the movie and not recent Oscar winner Jamie Foxx, where he basically gave away the ending to the movie before its premier. The hosts of the show went on to just rag on him about what a dumb move that was to do so, though it wouldn't have helped this hunk of shit from flopping.

From what I understand, this thing either sat on the shelf for a while or the release date kept getting bumped around. I remember reading or watching something that pointed out that at the time the movie was being made, Josh Lucas was the biggest name in it, which really says something. I don't remember a time where the guy was EVER a big deal. I mean, he was a pretty solid "that guy" for quite a few years, but I can't recall anything ever making money because he was in it.

Hey guys if a movie where josh lucas and jamie foxx have an up and down relationship with a sentient plane doesnt warrant a podcast than what does?

Also why is 90% of this movie scored with Incubus songs?

I was working at Hollywood Video when this was released to DVD, and I can confidently say this had one of the lowest stock-to-checkout ratios of any movie we had.

For totally unnecessary and unscientific context, highest was Pirates of the Caribbean and in the Stealth tier would be Aeon Flux and Rent.

Also it was always hilarious watching people try to brownbag a rental of Brokeback Mountain or Transamerica, because apparently those things were taboo just 10 years ago...

Hey guys if a movie where josh lucas and jamie foxx have an up and down relationship with a sentient plane doesnt warrant a podcast than what does?

What was its mission?

• Like 1

RT consensus: "Loud, preposterous, and predictable, Stealth borrows heavily and unsuccessfully from Top Gun and 2001."

Roger Ebert commented that the film was "a dumbed-down Top Gun crossed with the HAL 9000 plot from 2001."

I haven't seen the film, but this sounds perfect.