🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 236 — Murderer Heaven

I listened to this today after watching live, and I agree that it's one of the best of the year. "Spider web" is one of those insanely funny things that only PFT could come up with; it wasn't enough to say "boo" and "clanking chains" (which is at least a sound), he had to take it up another level and say something that is purely visual. Just brilliant.

• Like 5

Having never seen Boardwalk Empire, this episode still had me in tears. PFT has been stunning this year. He's gotta be in at least 6 of my top 10 of the year, which is insane.

• Like 3

Someone better follow through on the Hawaii thing. You'll be glad you did. Ask my buddy Shia Labeouf about the great time he had on Hawaii island whilst filming Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Who's hitting this tour in the Pacific NW? Seattle and Portland! I'm coming to your town to help you party down.

I created my account just to comment on this thread, but as someone who just moved to the PNW a month ago, I am 100% going to the Seattle show and 100% in need of people to help me party down!!

In any case - To all the people talking about how they may or may not be able to wait til the video comes out:

If you are a real fan of Boardwalk Empire, then it is REQUIRED that you wait for the video version. The episode is hilarious as audio - but if you are familiar with Richard Harrow, then the fact that PFT is NAILING every single mannerism that Jack Huston does in BE makes pretty much every single line twice as funny.

(Also, how many people tried to talk like Richard Harrow? Remarkably difficult. Sorta impossible, actually.)

Who's hitting this tour in the Pacific NW? Seattle and Portland! I'm coming to your town to help you party down.

I'm very tempted to not pass up the Portland show, I missed it last year and kind of regret it.

I was very skeptical of the premise of "The Ghost of Richard Harrow" but PFT was really on point. A lower key character was a nice change of pace.

I'll be buying tickets for Portland as soon as I can swing it -- my entertainment budget ain't the biggest right now. Hopefully this doesn't sell out soon. PFT on board certainly seals the deal, though.

I was holding out for a 7th Heaven reference, but alas it never came.

I don't know if you guys realized that the whole Cake Boss (cake boss) / Chewbacca story is a reference to one of the early appearances of Cake Boss (cake boss) (ep.106, 2001), in which Buddy Velastro contacted the "other side" and talked to Chewie himself! Kudos to the guy who asked the question (monty ashley?) and of course to PFT for squeezing in that reference to that epic moment of yore—the man really knows his characters!

• Like 1

Video episodes are always posted 10 days after they are recorded. The Besser Whooch just arrived on YouTube:

Not to be the guy on the Internet who complains about everything, but do you know why this is the case? The (raw) episode is archived instantaneously on the VPN Youtube channel. I can usually even watch it for a few hours after it airs, before someone there decides to set it to "Private."

I understand that someone has to edit out the breaks, but why ten days? Is it some legal thing between VPN/Earwolf?

I only ask because I was fortunate enough to watch this CBB episode live this time and it's a shame that a lot of people might only hear the audio version, because the comedy is unusually visual this time.

Thanks!

Not to be the guy on the Internet who complains about everything, but do you know why this is the case?

Three reasons come to mind:

Contractual: Live episodes are removed from VPN's YouTube channel so they can instead be hosted on Earwolf's own channel.

Technical: There have been occasional technical difficulties in the live broadcast — audio/video sync issues, sound mixing, connection drops, etc. — that have been fixed in the final uploads.

Financial: In a thread from a few months ago, someone from Earwolf said they purposely delay the video releases by 10 days to avoid cannibalizing downloads of the audio podcasts. Since (I assume) Earwolf makes most of their revenue selling ads against the audio podcasts, and ad revenue is contingent on downloads, they want to ensure their numbers remain high.

• Like 2

I don't know if you guys realized that the whole Cake Boss (cake boss) / Chewbacca story is a reference to one of the early appearances of Cake Boss (cake boss) (ep.106, 2001), in which Buddy Velastro contacted the "other side" and talked to Chewie himself! Kudos to the guy who asked the question (monty ashley?) and of course to PFT for squeezing in that reference to that epic moment of yore—the man really knows his characters!

That's actually one of the more frequent callbacks with PFT's characters.

• Like 1

Three reasons come to mind:

Contractual: Live episodes are removed from VPN's YouTube channel so they can instead be hosted on Earwolf's own channel.

Technical: There have been occasional technical difficulties in the live broadcast — audio/video sync issues, sound mixing, connection drops, etc. — that have been fixed in the final uploads.

Financial: In a thread from a few months ago, someone from Earwolf said they purposely delay the video releases by 10 days to avoid cannibalizing downloads of the audio podcasts. Since (I assume) Earwolf makes most of their revenue selling ads against the audio podcasts, and ad revenue is contingent on downloads, they want to ensure their numbers remain high.

Thanks for the response. I figured it was probably something mundane like this, but I just had to know.

That's actually one of the more frequent callbacks with PFT's characters.

Aha, then I don't know PTF's characters :P

The exchange between Aukerman and PFT about the tooth fairy, Scott losing a tooth in a field, and PFT's confusion about why that was relevant had me in tears.

• Like 2

I wasn't familiar with Richard Harrow or his voice so I actually cringed when Paul started talking. I thought this was going to be a trainwreck.

When Paul made that comment on the invention of the cash register to sell the first bibles ('We're in business boys, cha-ching!') it instantly turned into a top 5 of the year episode.

Please forgive me for ever doubting PFT's brilliance.

• Like 1

How many CBB shows are actually archived with Earwolf or you tube? Not many to watch....bummer

Aha, then I don't know PTF's characters :P/>

I think it just stands out because that episode with Andy Ritchter and Cake Boss (cake boss) was my first episode of CBB and possibly my all time favorite :)

• Like 1

I think it just stands out because that episode with Andy Ritchter and Cake Boss (cake boss) was my first episode of CBB and possibly my all time favorite :)/>

Scott established that Chewbaca's death occurred in one if the books and therefore was cannon. Hence CB (CB) was able to communicate with him in Wookie Heaven.