🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
klobbermang

CBB LIVE - 7-25-13 - Montreal - Tig Notaro & Brent Weinbach

Brent did one of the funniest characters ever on CBB and somehow the audience wasn't into it. Maybe it was just a Canada thing. I laughed out loud hard in my car maybe the most out of any episode I can remember. Or maybe this is a Vic Garcia (Adomian char on an old benson interruption) situation, where I think its goddamn hysterical and everyone else just doesn't seem to be into it. Anyway, these first two live episodes are great. I'm hoping for some longer ones in the future though.

To be honest, I wasn't that into it. It felt like he kept pausing in anticipation of something but nobody was quite sure what. So I think the audience not being that enthusiastic threw the rhythm off a bit.

Tig(ither) was brilliant as ever though.

As unfair as it is, I think at this point live audiences going to a Bang Bang recording are unconsciously hoping for/anticipating one of the regular characters (whether PFT, Daly, Adomian, etc), and an original character has to do really well to get the audience on their side (the one that immediately jumps to mind is Taran Killam's Mars rover voice from the tour last year). For an audience member, they probably get to see a live Bang Bang once a year at best, so they want a guarantee that they'll find the character entertaining.

• Like 1

I am going to listen to both eps tomorrow - how was the one with Ronna and Beverly?

Just wanted to pop in and say m********* Montreal and double m********* Vancouver!!! Its Toronto's turn now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!! F***********!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to listen to both eps tomorrow - how was the one with Ronna and Beverly?

The Kindler/Todd Glass portions are hysterical. I'm generally not a fan of Ron and Bev but thier section was alright.

I could listen to Kindler all day. I really hope he's the Chicago guest too somehow and does stand up beforehand.

• Like 1

As unfair as it is, I think at this point live audiences going to a Bang Bang recording are unconsciously hoping for/anticipating one of the regular characters (whether PFT, Daly, Adomian, etc), and an original character has to do really well to get the audience on their side (the one that immediately jumps to mind is Taran Killam's Mars rover voice from the tour last year). For an audience member, they probably get to see a live Bang Bang once a year at best, so they want a guarantee that they'll find the character entertaining.

That's setting the bar so high though. I saw one Chicago show live last year, the one where Besser was that bizzare olympics mascot, and it was hilarious. I bet it had more to do with there only being like 20 people in the audience from what it sounded like.

THe Kindler/Todd Glass portions are hysterical. I'm generally not a fan of Ron and Bev but thier section was alright.

I could listen to Kindler all day. I really hope he's the Chicago guest too somehow and does stand up beforehand.

Can you give me any info on whatever the song Scott wants everyone to sing to Todd is? I'm going to see him tomorrow and don't think I can spring for the live package right now

Can you give me any info on whatever the song Scott wants everyone to sing to Todd is? I'm going to see him tomorrow and don't think I can spring for the live package right now

TODDDDDD GLASS YOU ARE A VERY FUNNY FEL-LOW.

YOU ARE OUR VERY FAVOURITE COMEEEEDIAAAAAN. From memory after attending live. You get the jist.

Brent did one of the funniest characters ever on CBB and somehow the audience wasn't into it.

I think the audience wasn't into it because that was not a character. That was a half-assed voice at best, and a lot of flailing attempts to get laughs just by mentioning gay stuff and talking "black." Guess what? There's nothing inherently funny about sucking dick! That was some weak ass middle school shit, and the audience - the smart CBB audience - didn't laugh because it wasn't funny.

I couldn't even finish the episode, which bummed me out because I love Tig and she was great as always.

It's okay to swing and miss at something, but it's not okay to miss because you didn't feel like lifting the bat off your shoulder. Just lazy.

Sign in to follow this