🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
HipGuide

Twister (1996)

Count me in both the camp supporting it and wondering how it hasn't been done yet. I saw this for the first time a few years ago, before I gave a crap about movie quality, and it became the legitimate first movie I ever finished thinking 'Wow, that. Was. HORRIBLE.' for only three words; Obnoxious Love Triangle.

A highly improbable ending, a tornado being a platform for a love triangle, wacky ass Philip Seymour Hoffman, and a random cameo from The Shining? Yes. Please do this movie.

I watched this for the first time in like the 7th grade. Our teacher gave commentary on what was and wasn't scientifically accurate. I don't remember any of that though, all I remember is he told us that a slowed down recording of a camel moaning is what they used for the ominous sound of the tornados, and after that that's all I could imagine and it made me laugh every time.

• Like 1

I really want a bill paxton themed

..if you have not seen this yet it's amazing.

btw I agree they should do this movie.

I still have scars on my arm from when the girl I was seeing this with in the theater dug her nails into me when the dad gets sucked up out of the shelter in the beginning. Then we have the cow...endless shots of cars on country roads...and enough CGI crap filling the action scenes that even George Lucas was like, "WTF?"

Yes, please. I don't even know where to start with how absurd this film is; from the evil storm chasers led by Cary Elwes in black Astrovans to the bizarre love triangle that makes absolutely no sense and has no bearing on the weather to Bill Paxton "Feeling the storm" and "Knowing what it's thinking" to oddball castings of Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Alan Ruck. I have no idea where people were trying to take this film, but they really didn't accomplish much beyond unintentional comedy.

Ugh, I went to go see this with my mom, my sister, and some chump my sister had as a blind date. I don't remember much, but what did happen was that I went to the bathroom and the film burned up, infact so much that there was smoke and the theater was evacuated. So we were standing outside, and as my sister was trying to make small talk with this creature that could barely string together two words I threw up two king sized butterfinger bars right into the bright red firelane gutter.

The next year we went to go see Jurassic Park 2, and I went to go to the bathroom and all of the power in the city went out. So now I have a complex about needing to pee during movies, especially before the climax.

/edit: JP2 (not the pope) would be a good one, in that the 'protagonists' are awful people who screw everything up and the plot really doesn't make any sense. (it's been a few years since a saw it though)

• Like 1

How about a double feature LIVE show of this and either Volcano or Dante's Peak. I'd go with Volcano as it is dumber than Dante's Peak. Dante's Peak is more watchable.

• Like 1

If they do two back to back disaster movies, Poseidon needs to be in on the mix.

Well there's the sequel to the original film, Beyond the Poseidon Adventure, where pretty much all of the characters are back stabbing rats. Also a thing I found on wikipedia:

Abandoned film sequel premise

In 1973, soon after the first film came out, producer Irwin Allen proposed a sequel that would have had the survivors testifying in a hearing on the disaster in Vienna, the country of the Poseidon's parent company. While on a train to the hearing, a miles-long mountain tunnel would collapse, leaving the survivors of the train trapped inside, struggling to make their way out. This premise was eventually used in the 1996 Rob Cohen film Daylight with Sylvester Stallone.[1]

Well there's the sequel to the original film, Beyond the Poseidon Adventure, where pretty much all of the characters are back stabbing rats. Also a thing I found on wikipedia:

Daylight is a solid choice as well.

Sign in to follow this