🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
RyanSz

Which movies have you seen/own?

I'm sure you're all like me in that you started listening to this podcast because you already had a love of bad movie and now may even be buying some of them on DVD or watching them on demand in order to prep for a new episode. So I was wondering where everyone stands in regards to having seen the movies or having them in your personal DVD collection. And by seen I mean having seen at least half of the movie or enough of it in pieces to get and understanding of how the whole movie plays out.

Here's what I have seen or own:

Episode #5 Drive Angry (own)

Episode #6 Battlefield Earth

Episode #8 Sucker Punch

Episode #9 Fast Five

Episode #13 Crank: High Voltage (own)

Episode #14 Green Lantern

Episode #18 Gigli

Episode #19 The Wicker Man

Episode #20 Punisher: War Zone (own)

Episode #23 The Room (own)

Episode #26 Jingle All the Way

Episode #28 Crank (own)

Episode #31 Birdemic (own)

Episode #32 88 Minutes

Episode #37 Speed 2: Cruise Control

Episode #39 Godzilla

Episode #40 Judge Dredd (own)

Episode #41 Spiderman 3

Episode #42 Batman & Robin (own)

Episode #43 Wild Wild West

Episode #44 Jaws 4: The Revenge

Episode #45 Road House (own)

Episode #46 Barb Wire

Episode #47 Super Mario Bros. (own)

Episode #48 Sleepaway Camp (own)

Episode #49 Cobra (own)

Episode #52 Reindeer Games (own)

Episode #53 Anaconda

Episode #55 Devil's Advocate (own)

Episode #56 Nothing But Trouble

Episode #59 Spice World

Episode #60 Street Fighter (own)

Episode #63 Fast & Furious 6

Episode #65 Howard the Duck (own)

Episode #66 Demoltion Man (own)

Episode #67 Sharknado

Episode #68 Over the Top (own)

Episode #69 Crocodile Dundee in LA

So overall I've seen 38 of the films done by the show and own 18 on DVD.

• Like 2

I've seen one in the theater (Batman & Robin), two on cable (Godzilla, The Devil's Advocate) and two at my parents' pre-Blockbuster-era independent video store (Over The Top, Howard The Duck). I own none of them.

I own Batman & Robin.

And only because it was in a box set.

• Like 2

I own Batman & Robin.

And only because it was in a box set.

Same, I got it in one of those 4 DVD packs that Target sells.

I don't own any, but I will list what I have seen multiple times and would watch again/own

1. Burlesque (Would watch again)

6. Battlefield Earth

7. All About Steve

8. Sucker Punch (Would own, I'm so sorry)

14. Green Lantern (Would watch again)

15. The Back-up Plan (Would watch again)

18. Gigli

19. The Wicker Man (3x)

21. I Know Who Killed Me (3x)

23. The Room

25. Catwoman (3x)

28. Trespass (2x, would own)

30. Birdemic: Shock and Terror (Would own)

31. 88 Minutes (Would watch again)

32. Abduction (Would watch again)

33. The Adventures of Pluto Nash (Would watch again)

34. Tiptoes (Would watch again)

35. On the Line (Would watch again)

36. Speed 2: Cruise Control (2x)

37. Godzilla 1998 (3x, I'm SO Sorry)

38. Judge Dredd (Would watch again)

39. Spider-Man 3 (2x)

41. Wild Wild West (2x)

42. Jaws: The Revenge (Would watch again)

44. Barb Wire (Would watch again)

45. Super Mario Bros.

46. Sleepaway Camp (Would watch again)

47. Cobra (Would watch again)

49. Liz & Dick (2x)

50. Reindeer Games (2x)

51. Anaconda (Would own)

52. The Odd Life of Timothy Green

53. The Devil's Advocate (2x)

54. Nothing But Trouble (Would watch again)

55. From Justin to Kelly (Would watch again)

56. In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale (2x)

57. Spice World (Too many times to count)

58. Street Fighter (Would watch again)

59. Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot (Would watch again)

60. Joyful Noise (Would watch again)

63. Howard the Duck

64. Demolition Man (3x)

65. Sharknado (Would watch again)

66. Over the Top (Would watch again)

67. Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles

I have terrible taste in movies. There are movies I own or have seen before even hearing of HDTGM, and there are movies I've bought or searched for because of HDTGM. Here you go:

- Drive Angry (bought because HDTGM made it sound awesome, was not disappointed)

- Sucker Punch (bought cheap at a Salvation Army store)

- Crank 2 High Voltage (HDTGM made it sound awesome...again, was not disappointed)

- Green Lantern (Saw it at the theater)

- Gigli (saw it when it hit PPV when I was younger)

- The Wicker Man (Saw it a few years ago because I'm a Nicolas Cage fan)

- Punisher: War Zone (I like comic books and comic book movies, so I wound up buying this)

- Leprechaun in the Hood (saw when I was in high school, and hated it)

- Superman III (love the Christopher Reeve Superman film series)

- Jingle All the Way (seen it numerous times)

- Crank (HDTGM made it sound awesome, was not disappointed)

- Godzilla (saw at a Drive-In Theater when I was young, I own the DVD)

- Judge Dredd (saw when I was a kid, but I didn't watch it again until after listening to the HDTGM episode)

- Spider-Man 3 (didn't care for it, but I bought it to complete the trilogy)

- Batman & Robin (I'll see/own anything with Batman in/on it. I didn't like it when I was a kid, but I actually find it more enjoyable than Batman Forever nowadays)

- Barb Wire (bought because HDTGM made it sound so-bad-it's-good, and it kind of is)

- Super Mario Bros. (seen numerous times since first catching it at the drive-in when I was a kid...and I own the soundtrack on cassette)

- Sleepaway Camp (saw the Robot Chicken episode that spoiled the ending, and wanted to own the movie because it sounded bonkers...was not disappointed)

- Cobra (HDTGM made it sound awesome...was not disappointed)

- Devil's Advocate (saw on TNT one time, still remember it pretty well)

- Spice World (saw when I was a kid)

- Street Fighter (seen multiple times)

- Howard the Duck (like it when I was a kid, bought the DVD as soon as it came out)

- Demolition Man (seen multiple times since I was a kid, but rewatched on AMC right before listening to the episode of HDTGM)

- Sharknado (watched on OnDemand as soon as I saw there was a HDTGM episode)

- Over the Top (seen multiple times since I was a kid)

That's 26 movies.

Seen:

#10 Mac & me (video)

#13 Crank High Voltage (video)

#17 Skyline (video)

#19 Wicker Man (theater)

#23 The Room (video)

#24 Superman 3 (theater)

#27 Breaking Dawn (theater)

#31 Birdemic (video)

#32 88 Minutes (video)

#38 Godzilla (theater, barf)

#40 Spiderman 3 (theater)

#41 Batman & Robin (theater)

#42 Wild Wild West (theater)

#43 Jaws The Revenge (video)

#44 Road House (video)

#46 Super Mario Bros (video)

#47 Sleepaway Camp (video)

#49 Breaking Dawn 2 (theater)

#50 Liz & Dick (TV, but couldn't make it all the way through)

#52 Anaconda (video)

#54 The Devil's Advocate (video)

#58 Spice World (theater)

#60 Stop or My Mom (video)

#63 After Earth (theater)

#64 Howard the Duck (video)

#65 Demolition Man (video)

#66 Sharknado (TV)

I'll try and list what I've seen, and any sort-of-interesting circumstances around it. If I own something, I'll italicize it.

Batman & Robin (saw it as a kid)

Battlefield Earth (saw 15 minutes to write about it for another site, watched whole thing with RiffTrax)

Birdemic (streamed from Netflix and saw the RiffTrax live event)

Burlesque (watched in preparation for HDTGM episode with my sister and mom... oddly, not as awkward as I would have thought)

Cobra (streamed from Netflix on bad-movie recommendation from another website)

Cool as Ice (the RiffTrax VOD file counts, right?)

Crank (saw it in anticipation of the sequel)

Crank High Voltage (saw it in theaters, bought a DVD that I couldn't get to rip)

Drive Angry (saw it in 2D in theaters, own the DVD, want to see it in 3D)

Godzilla (saw it in theaters and on videotape as a kid)

Jingle All the Way (saw it as a kid at a cheap theater)

Judge Dredd (watched as a kid, barely remember anything from it now)

Mac & Me (watched library copy in preparation for HDTGM episode)

Over the Top (streamed from Netflix)

Road House (watched with RiffTrax and without, including one time at a movie theater shortly after Swayze's untimely death)

Skyline (streamed from Netflix in preparation for HDTGM episode)

Street Fighter (borrowed from library on recommendation of person from another forum. I loved it, and wish I bought the Blu-Ray when I saw it at Wal-Mart once.)

Super Mario Brothers (watched a bunch of times when I was a kid)

The Tourist (watched library copy in preparation for HDTGM episode)

Twilight: Breaking Dawn, both parts (watched with RiffTrax from Netflix)

Wild Wild West (I watched a lot of crappy movies when I was a kid)

Partial credits:

Anaconda: I think my family taped it off Pay-Per-View. The only bit I remember watching is Jon Voight throwing monkey blood on Ice-T and Jennfier Lopez.

Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles: One of my brothers watched it on Pay-Per-View; I watched a little bit. The only thing I remember is the scene where Crocodile and his friend go to a Wendy's drive-thru.

Demolition Man: I think I've seen about the first half, possibly in edited form.

Speed 2: Pay-Per-View as a kid. I remember bits and pieces, mostly from the extended ship-crashes-into-shore climax.

Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot: My family had videotaped it. The only things I remember are Stallone's dream sequence where he's in a diaper, and the bit where Estelle cleans his gun with bleach, then buys and gifts him an illegal gun to make up for it.

Saw in theater (and possibly also TV/DVD):

Godzilla

Spider-Man III

Batman & Robin

The Devil's Advocate

Spice World

Saw on TV/DVD:

Drive Angry

Fast Five

Punisher: War Zone

Superman III (probably)

Speed 2

Judge Dredd

Reindeer Games

Howard the Duck

Demolition Man

Over the Top

Own:

Spider-Man III

Batman & Robin

Overall, fewer than I would have guessed.

i bought sucker punch the day it came out on blu ray if anyone wants to hang out and eat pizza rolls

• Like 4

i bought sucker punch the day it came out on blu ray if anyone wants to hang out and eat pizza rolls

I'll bring the Mike's!

The films that were covered on the show that I have seen or own are:

3. Old Dogs (seen)

4. The Last Airbender (seen)

6. Battlefield Earth (seen)

8. Sucker Punch (seen)

12. The Love Guru (seen)

17. Skyline (seen)

18. Gigli (seen)

19. The Wicker Man (seen)

21. I Know Who Killed Me (seen)

25. Catwoman (seen)

26. Jingle All the Way (once owned it on VHS)

28. Trespass (seen)

29. Cool as Ice (seen)

31. 88 Minutes (seen)

32. Abduction (seen)

33. The Adventures of Pluto Nash (seen)

34. Tiptoes (seen)

36. Speed 2: Cruise Control (seen)

37. Godzilla (own it on VHS)

38. Judge Dredd (seen)

40. Batman & Robin (seen)

41. Wild Wild West (seen)

42. Jaws: The Revenge (seen)

43. Road House (seen)

44. Barb Wire (seen)

45. Super Mario Bros. (seen)

47. Cobra (seen)

49. Liz & Dick (seen)

50. Reindeer Games (seen)

51. Anaconda (own it on VHS)

55. From Justin to Kelly (seen)

57. Spice World (once owned it on VHS)

58. Street Fighter (seen)

63. Howard the Duck (seen)

64. Demolition Man (seen)

Old Dogs -seen

Drive Angry-seen

Battelfield Earth-Seen (begrudgingly)

Fast Five-seen

Mac and Me-seen

The Tourist-seen (begrudgingly)

Crank 2-bought!

The Wicker Man-own

Punisher: War Zone-seen

I Know Who Killed Me-seen

Leprechaun in The Hood-seen

The Room-own

Superman 3-seen

Catwoman-seen

Jingle All The Way-seen

Trespass-seen

Cool As Ice-seen

Birdemic-seen

Abduction-seen (begrudgingly)

Adventures of Pluto Nash-seen

Tiptoes-seen

On the line-UGH...seen

Speed 2-seen

Godzilla UGH...senn

Judge Dread-seen

Batman and Robin-seen

Wild Wild West-seen

Road House-seen

Sleepaway Camp-own

Cobra-seen

Reindeer Games-seen

Anaconda-seen

The Devil's Advocate-own

Nothing But Trouble-seen

Street Fighter-seen

Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot-seen

Hward the Duck-seen

Sharknado-seen

Over The Top-seen

Crocodiel Dundee in LA-seen

I want to plug an app that I found called canistream.it - basically you type in a movie and it tells you if you can stream it. Notably absent is HBO Go but it has Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Instant and some other ones.

Has anybody else noticed this too: HBO Go seems to pull movies when HDTGM announces they are going to do them. Howard the Duck got pulled the day that Paul announced they were going to do it, but then a day after the episode dropped it was back up again. Croc Dundee 3 got pulled the day Paul announced they were going to do it, but 1 and 2 stayed up. It's very odd. I think it happened with another movie but I forget which one.

Since I am a nerd I created a list on IMDB fairly early on in the podcast and have taken the time to maintain it. If you use IMDB to rate movies it will even tell you how many of them you've seen. I recently started adding links to the movies on canistream.it so people can find the movie easily if they so choose

Here's the list:

http://www.imdb.com/list/46NeYag8T9s/

• Like 3

Wow, Lando, that's great. That should go on a sticky or possibly even on the main HDTGM page.

I only own Batman & Robin, Street Fighter, Godzilla, and Jingle All the Way... they were made in my childhood when I couldn't tell what a bad movie was.

Since I am a nerd I created a list on IMDB fairly early on in the podcast and have taken the time to maintain it. If you use IMDB to rate movies it will even tell you how many of them you've seen. I recently started adding links to the movies on canistream.it so people can find the movie easily if they so choose

Here's the list:

http://www.imdb.com/list/46NeYag8T9s/

That is an amazing list. You should get definitely get Shannon to sticky that link in the forum.

Thank you. I know Shannon has shared it, but it certainly would be helpful for people new to the podcast to look at before suggesting movies.

IMDB lists are easy to make, but limiting. I really wish I could embed the canistream.it code for a movie (and maybe RT and the soundcloud link), if anyone has anything better they can think of I'd be happy to give it a shot.

Nice topic, but if I could add my two cents, I think it would be more interesting to narrow it down to HDTGM films that you saw unironically and with an open mind. In that you were exposed to it before you had any idea that it was terrible. Kinda like when Paul was talking about his recollections of "Over The Top" as a kid. So basically anything you watched because of the "so-bad-it's-good" element is a dealbreaker, regardless of whether or not you knew it was a HDTGM choice.

Which leaves me with just a few:

-Mac and Me

-Superman 1, 2, 3

-Batman & Robin

-Howard The Duck

I manage a movie theater, so I've probably seen more of the 2001-now movies in theaters than anyone really should have. There are only a few of the films that I haven't seen at least significant chunks of, and I'm sure I've seen all the "good" parts, but this list will only be the ones I remember seeing in their entirety from beginning to end in one stretch.

Seen:

-Last Airbender: Saw it in the theater with the girl I was dating at the time because her kid wanted to see it. He was 3 and did karate in the aisle for what must have been the entire duration of the film.

-Mac & Me: I grew up in the 80's and had cable. Whether you meant to or not, you saw that movie at least a half dozen times.

-Green Lantern: Saw it in the theater, and it's reeks of a dozen different scripts being patched together. I like how they explain the whole history of the GL Corps, rather than have it play out in the story, just to explain the exact same thing AGAIN a half hour later. We're always ahead of the main character and not finding things out WITH him, and that's just fucking horrible storytelling.

-Punisher: War Zone: Saw it in the theater, and I re-watch it on a pretty regular basis.

-The Room: Watched it at home with a room full of friends, which is really the ONLY way to see it. Watching this movie alone is like playing football without tuxedos. It just doesn't make sense!

-Superman 3: Re-watched it recently after having not seen it since it was on TV all the time when I was a kid, and I barely remembered any of it.

-Catwoman

-88 Minutes: Probably one of the best experiences I had watching a terrible film in the theater,as it was just me and a couple of employees dogging on it's ridiculousness the whole time. I've only seen it once, but it was so, so memorable in it's badness.

-Abduction: I'm IN this one. Sort of. Feel free to check out the thread for that episode to read about my adventures on the "Abduction" set and Taylor Lautner's creepy giraffe neck. It's no sassy gay hand though...

-Speed 2: Cruise Control: More like Snooze Control, amirite?

-Godzilla: I was out of the country for the summer of '98 and didn't catch this until it hit video. I remember not HATING it, but I don't think I've seen it since it made the rounds on HBO.

-Judge Dredd: I was there opening night for this one. I got into the comics several years later, which made the movie even more frustrating, because there are signs throughout the film that whoever wrote it had done their homework, as a lot of stuff from the books made it into the movie, so at least SOMEONE had read the comic, but the character of Dredd himself was grossly mishandled.

-Spider-Man 3: Another one that I saw once in the theater that I didn't remember 75% of when I re-watched it on TV.

-Batman & Robin: This is one of the first movies that I saw in a theater where I felt embarrassed just watching it, and I saw "Showgirls" in the theater, so that's saying something.

-Wild Wild West

-Jaws: The Revenge

-Road House: I saw it countless times on TV. The girl I was dating around the time of Airbender was over at my house one night when this was on, and I had to EXPLAIN what Road House was and why it was so great. She's only a few years younger than me and didn't grow up in a bomb shelter or anything, so I didn't know HOW she could have missed it!

-Barb WIre: Saw it in the theater. Yeah, sorry about that...

-Sleepaway Camp: Once my parents started letting me watch R-rated flicks in 1988 or so, I rented every movie in every series I'd heard about. After I burned through those, I discovered this and was pretty disappointed. It's far FAR more entertaining now as an adult though.

-Cobra: Yuhr thuh zizeez, and ahm thee cyuh! Stallone at his Stalloneliest!

-Liz & Dick: Saw this one just because they were going to do an episode on it. It was pretty unremarkable in every way and not really worth it, so yeah, thanks a lot. Assholes...

-Reindeer Games: Saw it in the theater, and I just pretty much remember Charlize's tits.

-Devil's Advocate: Caught it in the theater, have had it on DVD since the time that those were knew, but probably hadn't watched it since the week of the show, and it was a really fun watch.

-Street Fighter: This was smack dab in the middle of JCVD's golden age where he could do no wrong, and this film was no exception. Greatest. Speech. Ever.

-Howard the Duck. Again, it was the 80s, and I had cable.

-Sharknado: Glad I watched it for the show, but wow, what a piece of shit...

Nice topic, but if I could add my two cents, I think it would be more interesting to narrow it down to HDTGM films that you saw unironically and with an open mind. In that you were exposed to it before you had any idea that it was terrible. Kinda like when Paul was talking about his recollections of "Over The Top" as a kid. So basically anything you watched because of the "so-bad-it's-good" element is a dealbreaker, regardless of whether or not you knew it was a HDTGM choice.

Which leaves me with just a few:

-Mac and Me

-Superman 1, 2, 3

-Batman & Robin

-Howard The Duck

That still leaves me with the bulk of my list, as a 90s kid I saw most of these in theaters.

Update:

I now own Sharknado

#70: Gymkata (Own)

#72: Toys (Own)

#73: Congo (Own)

#74: Halloween III (Own)

#75: Daredevil

#76: Fair Game

#77: Hudson Hawk (Own)

#79: Deck the Halls

#80: Jack Frost

#81: Mortal Kombat (Own)

#82: Double Team

#84: No Holds Barred (Own)

#85: Color Of Night

Ok here is what I own:

Godzilla

Judge Dredd

Punisher War Zone

Green Lantern

Batman and Robin (Batman box set)

Spidey 3

Sleepaway Camp (BOX SET!!)

Howard the Duck ($5 bin at WM)

Street Fighter

Demolition Man

Over the Top (also because of rifftrax)

Road House

Superman III (box set)

Hudson Hawk

Earnest Goes to Jail (box set for $5 with Camp and Scared Stupid)

Own because of Rifftrax:

The Room

Battlefield Earth

Birdemic

Wicker Man

Catwoman

Twilight Films (ONLY reason)

Last Airbender

As far as "Seen" I'll have to make a list for that later. These are just ones I own.

• Like 1

Some updates for my list:

-Toys (saw it when I was a kid, remembered nothing except for the fake music video)

-Halloween III: Season of the Witch (my favorite of the Halloween series, I own the DVD)

-Daredevil (saw it in the theater, bought the DVD, I was a big fan of it)

-Mortal Kombat (saw as a kid, thought it was okay)