🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 141 — Jersey Bonding

Howard & Kulap are reunited and it feels so good! They welcome the Johnny Carson of Public Access, Chris Gethard to chart it up on this week’s WHO CHARTED! We learn if Chris is a beach person, what Diddy can do with his mind, and why Chris slept in a “dog bed” for years during Billboard’s Heat Seekers Music Chart. Chris then tells us about taking acid for the first time during the Movie Chart. Plus, Chris gets acquainted with Hermes the Chart Goose by singing some Morrissey, bonding with Howard over their shared Jersey youth, and sharing how Uncle Floyd was an inspiration for The Chris Gethard Show.

A delightful episode. Gethard was a great guest. But it ends on a bit of a downer, with Kulap announcing she won't be around for the next couple weeks. Wonder if April will be back as co-host, or if others will try out the seat.

Yeah Gethard! He was so great on Improv4Humans, so it's good to see him back visiting the Earwolf family. Maybe he can bring the Human Fish to Comedy Bang! Bang! some time!

• Like 1

Where have I heard that Framskey AIM story before?

Didn't Lee share with us that Howard used to carry around a lunchbox full of glamour shots of Kate Jackson from Charlie's Angels? But why bother when he had all those playboys at home?

Who Charted News Network: Lee reports, you decide

Kulap may not be here for the next couple weeks? Wait, what? :-(

"Your arm is like Diddy to me"

Oh Howard, I missed you.

• Like 1

Where have I heard that Framskey AIM story before?

He told the story on This American Life as a segment from his very, very good book: "A Bad Idea I'm About To Do."

• Like 2

Kulap may not be here for the next couple weeks? Wait, what? :-(

She said last week that she was probably going to go back to Minnesota for some additional footage. That or maybe she's going to be editing what she already shot.

I hope Choctaw actually gets to see his wife once in a while. Everyone's so busy! I actually felt some relief that Kulap and Scott were both on Wompler's Birthday episode this week. I guess I probably just listen to way too many podcasts and have invented fantasy lives for all these people in my head.

• Like 2

I hope Choctaw actually gets to see his wife once in a while. Everyone's so busy! I actually felt some relief that Kulap and Scott were both on Wompler's Birthday episode this week. I guess I probably just listen to way too many podcasts and have invented fantasy lives for all these people in my head.

I don't think that was Kulap. It was Melissa Rauch doing several Asian voices. Correct me if I am wrong though.

I don't think that was Kulap. It was Melissa Rauch doing several Asian voices. Correct me if I am wrong though.

It was Melissa as one and Lennon as the other. Definitely don't remember any Kulap in that episode.

It was Melissa as one and Lennon as the other. Definitely don't remember any Kulap in that episode.

Oh, weird. I listened to the episode before I even bothered to see the list of guests or look at the photos. (Sitting in line at the DMV, fun). I figured Scott's fascination with Asian boobs was a riff. Also, this is depressing:

pc4nGEm.png

Yeesh.

• Like 2

Dammit, I should have binged it with google.

I have Bing set as my default search engine in Chrome because of Microsoft's rewards thing; over time I get free Xbox points (or Starbucks cards or whatever).

Oh, weird. I listened to the episode before I even bothered to see the list of guests or look at the photos. (Sitting in line at the DMV, fun). I figured Scott's fascination with Asian boobs was a riff. Also, this is depressing:

pc4nGEm.png

Yeesh.

This just adds fuel to my theory that people who use Bing are creepy and weird.*

*except for you Cat & Beard, you're all right in my book

kulap_zps201e93cd.png

• Like 3