🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 141 — Jersey Bonding

Jesus that was a good ep, I'd love if someone could get St Clair, Gethard and Kremer in a room together for some full blown Jersey nostalgia.

...over time I get free Xbox points

I thought Xbox was switching over to currency / away from the points model?

I thought Xbox was switching over to currency / away from the points model?

They are, at some point. The points will get converted to actual currency. The Bing rewards thing was nice for the last year or so; I slowly accumulated a few thousand Xbawks points for free. You can also use them for Redbox rentals and other random shit.

I'm not talking about the podcast and this Bing/Google thing is making me feel like how I imagine Jen Kirkman feels when she's bad at playing the Leonard Maltin game.

When was Kulap on The Office?

He told the story on This American Life as a segment from his very, very good book: "A Bad Idea I'm About To Do."

His book is super great and I recommend it to people who like to read and laugh. This is the TAL episode where he tells the story, it's the second half.

• Like 2

This just adds fuel to my theory that people who use Bing are creepy and weird.*

Take THAT, Jonah Ray!

When was Kulap on The Office?

"Benihana Christmas", one of the waitresses that Michael & Andy bring back to the office party.

This episode was really great, both for having the dynamic duo back together and having a great guest who really brought the goods. Loved all the Howard/Chris Jersey stuff, and especially Ku's reaction when Chris brought up the Matawan shark.

• Like 2

great ep! love chris! i was screaming for him to tell howard kitty pyrde's been on the show.

I'm kind of shocked that the Google results doesn't try to add 'feet.' Seems like it does that to any female in the entertainment industry I try to search.

great ep! love chris! i was screaming for him to tell howard kitty pyrde's been on the show.

Haha, yeah likewise. She's one of the few musical acts to have done TCGS twice so I thought there was a chance. Oh well.

I would love a Jersey bonding sequel with Gethard and St Clair.

i would love more Jersey talk from St Clair, if wikipedia is to be trusted, we're from the same town!

as a side note, if you haven't seen Freebie and the Bean, watch it, it's spectacular 70's buddy cop mayhem

A delightful episode. Gethard was a great guest. But it ends on a bit of a downer, with Kulap announcing she won't be around for the next couple weeks. Wonder if April will be back as co-host, or if others will try out the seat.

Looks like there's a VPN episode tonight with April in the Vilayseat.

Looks like there's a VPN episode tonight with April in the Vilayseat.

wdfM946.png

• Like 1

Especially awesome ep from a show which deals almost exclusively in awesome eps.

If you're looking for more insane Jersey stories, Gethard was on this week's (amazing) episode of K Ohle with Kurt Braunohler.

Not Jersey related, but the Nerdist episode this week had Braunohler and it's one of the funniest things I've heard in a while.

And yeah, Kurt's podcast is great and getting greater.

I know there aren't many sports people on the boards, but does anyone else think that Gethard sounds EXACTLY like ESPN/Grantland's Bill Simmons?

I don't know if Gethard does a hole lot of impressions, but he could do a Bill Simmons bit with EASE.

I know there aren't many sports people on the boards, but does anyone else think that Gethard sounds EXACTLY like ESPN/Grantland's Bill Simmons?

I don't know if Gethard does a hole lot of impressions, but he could do a Bill Simmons bit with EASE.

All he'd have to do is talk slower.