🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
NickArnold

I'm sure this will be talked about on the upcoming episode, so for those interested.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gia-allemand-dead-29-bachelor-contestant-dies-undisclosed-medical-emergency-article-1.1426795

Bachelor Pad #Star Gia committed suicide the other day or something. There's the article, I'm assuming Sean and Hayes will get to the bottom of this being the newsmen they are. In the words of Jake Pavelka or at least his twitter feed "We lost an angel".

To be honest I wonder if there was foul play, though that is always concerned when a star of this magnitude commits "suicide". I think Jake may be involved but I'll leave that to the #Professionals.

(Serious side note: If anyone is really offended by my taking the suicide lightly, I'm truly sorry. I'll delete the topic if it really does bother any of my fellow fans.)

• Like 1

...not to take this lightly or anything, but I bet Vienna and her good eye are responsible.

#Joke #DontSueMe

• Like 1

Oh shit! I just thought of something. What if it was actually Vienna's lazy eye that's responsible? That would be a real bombshell... In this situation, I am proposing that she somehow figured out a way to turn megalomania and sociopathic tendencies into a lazy death-ray of sorts. Kind of like how Scott Aukerman turned those things into a comedy death-ray.

PS-It couldn't have been Jake Pavelka because he would have just pushed her out of a plane.

Well, if we're just dour and melancholy and generally upset about it I'm sure that will bring her back and make it all okay again...

No offense intended friendo. Taste has never been my strong suit.

• Like 1

Some good goofs on a 29 year old woman killing herself guys.

Do you hate on the news for them reporting on #NationalTragedies no, so don't hate on us man. You're acting like I didn't just deliver the facts that this 29 year old woman, who happened to only date athletes and wanted to be on tv, hung herself. Its not like I tied the noose or anything.

I for one think Sean and Hayes would be proud of this topic if they read it.

• Like 1

Do you hate on the news for them reporting on #NationalTragedies no, so don't hate on us man. You're acting like I didn't just deliver the facts that this 29 year old woman, who happened to only date athletes and wanted to be on tv, hung herself. Its not like I tied the noose or anything.

...plus, I think we were pretty good about not making fun of her, because it is terrible that she was in such a state that taking her own life was not only a serious option but ultimately what ended up happening. I assumed it went without saying that such a thing is truly saddening. Unfortunately (for everyone), the way I deal with sadness is inappropriate humor and jokes involving minor celebrities.

Hopefully the folks producing The Bachelor and other reality shows will learn from this and find ways to help those in similar states of mind rather than continue with the current system of finding the most unstable people and putting them in situations where their grasp on reality and sanity are further compromised, which is, as far as I can tell, a key strategy employed by reality shows. There's a fine line between crazy-entertaining but mostly harmless (most people on The Challenge) and crazy-needs help and I think it's the responsibility of the people who produce these shows to recognize the difference and do what they can for someone on the wrong side of that line.

That said, everyone feels strongly about something and someone feels strongly about everything, so I think it would be a very sad sad humorless world if we let that stop us from making jokes. If you started making jokes about how great Euclidean zoning is, the positive effect of Modernist architecture on our built environment, how much better Portland is than Seattle, and the merits of people who have graduated from business school you'd certainly get my blood boiling (I know, I'm weird). However, as long as you didn't mean those as a personal attack (probably the oddest personal attack ever, but a personal attack nonetheless), I think those jokes are perfectly fine. Wrong and horribly misinformed, but fine. I guess what I'm trying to say is that taste is a matter of opinion and everyone is entitled to their own opinions but not to force them down someone else's gullet (or mouth as the case may be). Lots of people have bad taste, some people's taste makes me want to shoot them, unfortunately we have an unwritten (and written) social convention that I can't shoot them and they can't shoot me. Life is like a Mexican standoff, once one person shoots, everyone shoots... I guess that also makes it like the ancient Japanese art of bukkake. Funny how that works.

PS - Sometimes I think Sean and Hayes are trying to make one of us commit suicide by not commenting enough on the forums...

• Like 3

PS - Sometimes I think Sean and Hayes are trying to make one of us commit suicide by not commenting enough on the forums...

I know exactly what you mean! Well I'm not going to let them get to me!

• Like 1

#compassionate

• Like 1

I feel like this topic is turning into a downward spiral of caustic remarks and contempt.

Can we please get back to making bad jokes about reality shows and stop acting like Trishelle (Trashelle) from The Challenge? This is totally what Sean and Hayes want us to do; fight amongst ourselves until one by one they do bad things (sorry, lacking imagination tonight) to us and we're all too pissed off at each other to notice. Sean and Hayes are really the bad guys here because they almost never comment on the forums. I mean, who the fuck does that? If there's anyone committing crimes against humanity on this forum it's Sean and Hayes. That's how Hitler started. First he and Mussolini, who had been on Jeopardy a while back and was still riding that gravy train, started a podcast on the Earwolf network and then they stopped commenting on the forums and then they committed genocide. It's such a slippery slope, guys. We must help save Sean and Hayes from themselves as soon as we can before it's too late!

I've even heard that Sean and Hayes are responsible for all the wars in the world... And that comes from a very trusted source who doesn't shy away from controversy in the name of standing up for the truth.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this