🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
BOARDDAD

Dr. T & the Women (2000)

Starts with Richard Geere walking through a gynacologyst office with a bunch of women blathering incherently at him.

Ends with (spoiler alert) a REAL LIVE BIRTH in a mud-hut in the middle of Mexico after his car has been picked up and move hundreds of miles by a tornado ala Wizard of Oz!

Also includes a very unsexy nude scene with Farah Fawcett.

I would have walked out during the first scene if I hadn't seen it on a moving bus.

I just wasted my morning watching this shit and I want to die!

It's fucking 2 hrs and 5 minutes! Too damn long.

Even the trailer clocks in at 2 mins and 35 seconds!

I guess I wanted to see this because of Helen Hunt. I loved her in What Women Want which is also from 2000. It wasn't a great movie either, but infinitely more watchable than this mess!!

You get the feeling that she's playing the same character at first, but she takes a cold turn later which is very confusing.

Plus, this is supposed to be prime Richard Gere. Runaway Bride was right before in 1999. Unfaithful would be 2002. I didn't hate Autumn in New York or Mothman Prophecies which are mashed in between. WTF with this movie!

This whole movie has no point, makes no sense. Just scene after scene of all the same blabbing cows in Dr. T's office talking, talking, talking!

Robert Altman directed. This is no Short Cuts. Anne Rapp wrote it. Her IMDB only has 4 credits..the latest showing no dates..just (????) Not a good sign. Wikipedia was more clear. Her career was mostly as a script supervision & she has worked on more than 50 films including Cookie's Fortune and won an Independant Spirit award. Whatever, this movie sucks ass.

What I really don't get is the cast! How could all of these actresses have read this script and been excited to jump on board for this crap?!

Helen Hunt

Farrah Fawcett (the saddest role ever)

Laura Dern (wtf)

Shelley Long

Tara Reid

Kate Hudson

Liv Tyler

Janine Turner

Then finally this interminable bloated mess ends and all you want to do is throw something at the TV! For all this time wasted...we can't get a classic Richard Gere ending! Fuck you Robert Altman..and Ann Rapp.

• Like 1

Barf. I had never heard of this before, and it looks like a bag of hot garbage. Really bad.

Agreed on Mothman Prophecies. I think the story is interesting, and even if the movie isn't great, it's at least interesting and Gere was pretty good in it.

• Like 1

This is one of the first to ever get an F from Cinemascore!

Holy Shit!!

• Like 1

Holy Shit!!

Definitely, because other films that have gotten that failing grade from moviegoers include: Eye of the Beholder, Lost Souls, Lucky Numbers, Fear Dot Com, Solaris, In the Cut, Darkness, Alone in the Dark, Wolf Creek, The Wicker Man, Bug, I Know Who Killed Me, Disaster Movie, The Box, The Devil Inside, Silent House and Killing Them Softly.

Fear Dot Com is fucking awful but nowhere near deserving enough to be on the same list as Eye of the Beholder.

Solaris and Bug were both on cable this past weekend! I'd say Solaris is worse just because it was so fucking boring. Nothing pisses me off more than Dr. T & The Women though.

Talk about a movie that fails..on every fucking level!

I was young and impressionable when I saw this. There was talk that Robert Altman is/was a genius. I just questioned the meaning of the word itself because if that was a work of a genius I didn't get it. Altman has some hits but also some really big misses (Pret A Porter and A Prairie Home Companion to name a few).

One of the many reasons that I felt that Roger Ebert was an overrated movie critic as he gave this 3 out of 4 stars.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this