🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DieFledermaus

CALL OUT STEPHEN KING ON HIS BS!

Don't forget The Tommyknockers! I know it was originally a TV movie, but I remember watching it years back and wanting to kill myself because of the inane plot and overall terribleness of the movie. I fell asleep just past the midway point only to wake up for the fucked up ending. It was probably the worst ending I have ever seen in a movie; plastic aliens, contrived climax that made no sense, then Jimmy Smits blows up the alien ship with his mind (with him in it). What a piece of shit; I've hated Smits ever since that night.

Oh and I forgot about the lipstick laser and the pop machine that kills a character. I would never dare read the book, but whoever thought this crap up should never be allowed near a movie set ever again.

The one good thing about "The Tommyknockers" movie is that it takes less time to watch that movie than it does to read that book. The book is so much worse, you guys, so much worse. I believe King wrote it while coked out of his mind.

The Now Playing podcast just started their retrospective series on Stephen King that's going to run on and off for approximately ETERNITY. They're covering the different films, franchises, TV movies, mini series, etc. in the order that the books/films were written, beginning with the "Carrie" series, which in only 4 films contains nearly EVERY franchise cliche you can have. There was of course the original, which is considered a classic, the decades-late barely connected sequel that no one asked for, the made-for-TV adaptation, and finally the cinematic remake. There's even mention of the short-lived (it only ran for 3 days) "Carrie" musical. It's a pretty good podcast that I've been listening to for a few years now. Check 'em out!

Sign in to follow this