🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

This movie has it all: terrible acting, writing AND editing! Based on the already-crazy manga series, it stars Gary Daniels as a wannabe Chuck Norris, Malcolm McDowell as his levitating karate master father, Costas Mandylor as a prettyboy warlord, Chris Penn and Clint Howard as Mad Max-style psychos, Mario Van Peebles and Downtown Julie Brown as freedom fighters, and Dante Basco.

That's right, Rufio is in this movie! His character is named Bat, but he basically reprises his role as Rufio for this craziness (Spoiler alert: he has almost the exact same death scene as he does in Hook). It features random slo-mo, talking skeletons, people literally punching holes in each other, and a LOT of leather costumes! I can't emphasize enough how hilariously bad this movie is. Do yourself a favor and experience this gem!

Available on Netflix,

P.S.

MST3K fans will recognize an early cameo by David "Shark" Fralick, the coked-up antagonist from Soultaker.

I had one of the anime features on VHS in middle school, never got around to watch the live action version, think i'll check it out now that it's on Netflix.

It's just terrible. Boring garbage, not worth watching. The old anime is much better (the shitty English dub! memories...)

I think I referenced this movie in a Tank Girl thread; Malcolm McDowell is totally phoning it in as the villain.

The lead actor looks like a dirty pork chop. They try to do the awesome WATATATATATATATA punching stuff and it's such a letdown.

Oh man, this is perfect for a How Did This Get Made episode. Live action remake of a p popular manga film featuring Ruffio, the bent cop from from robocop 2, that that ugly bald guy who is in tons of films but no one seems to know his name. And Malcolm McDowell. It features 70's style zooming in to extreme close ups ups to actors eyes even though it was made in 1995. Marvel at the quote unquote intense face expressions of the main character. Wonder at his Australian sounding accent (even though he's British) and his truly terrible delivery. Watch as people kicking each others legs causes lighting. See Ruffio recreate his death scene from Hook (whoops, spoiler alert).

This film must have had a fairly large budget. It was intending to be a hit given that the anime film had a cult following at the time.

I think you will love this film. It's available on youtube and it's awesome.

I was a fan of the animated film but if you haven't seen it it will seriously add to the 'What the fuck is going on' element.

Please, do yourself a favour and watch it.

P.s. I'm writing this on a mobile device and can't see what I've already written... might want to talk to squarespace about that... but anyway I have no idea if I've made horrible typos in this.