🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 239 — New Dad

I really enjoyed Mohr, and found it awesome that he actually reached out to be on the show. I hope he comes back as a character. I loved his Norm MacDonald.

• Like 2

I really enjoyed Mohr, and found it awesome that he actually reached out to be on the show. I hope he comes back as a character. I loved his Norm MacDonald.

Like I said once in the "What guests do you want to appear?" thread, I would love for Jay to do a whole episode in character as Ina Garten.

Matt Besser comes in as "Scott's Neighbor and New Dad," and I start to think, "well, that's sort of a flimsy premise, I dunno if this is going to be good," and they ask his name, and he responds, "You know, I don't know even know my name, because it's not about me anymore," and I'm laughing and suddenly 100% on board with this character. I'm still laughing at that line.

• Like 7

Did Besser and Mohr coordinate their shorts and shoes or is that just how dads dress?

hahahahahaha!!! I was gonna comment on that, you beat me to it!

It was always going to be tough to follow a Womptacular but this ep took a really damn good swing at it. My favourite non-Wompler ep since Daly and Odenkirk I think.

And yessir, please get that Mohr kid back in the saddle as a charac or two. The dude is a gamer.

• Like 1

In case anyone was wondering, the phrase that Scott Aukerman was trying to remember the name of was "hypnic jerk" or "hypnagogic jerk" (wikipedia).

My wife can be a hypnagogic jerk, am I right fellas?

Also I'm surprised Jay Mohr was funny on this, because I only know him from the movie "Cherry Falls" which is a slasher movie, and not a comedy (well, it's a horromedy...whatever). Seriously, though, Jay's good. Hope he comes back sometime.

• Like 1

Why the fuck is everybody talking about how good of an episode this is!?! THERE'S A FUCKING MISSING BABY LAYING IN THE STREET SOMEWHERE!!! I'm worried sick about Daddy right now!!!

• Like 2

So Matt Besser is doing a character of himself? I'm pretty sure the stories he told in character were just his real experiences. Still funny but a bit too meta for me.

Also, in general I'm dissapointed at the reaction to Jay Mohr. He's been doing this a long time and yet many people's reactions are, "oh wow, he ACTUALLY did well." I think it's super insulting. If you've been listening to his appearances on Adam Carolla, you're getting the same level of comedy. Not to mention he is a twenty year veteran of comedy since doing two years on SNL starting in '93. Jay is great, don't be surprised about it please.

Everybody's mad at ya for not being 100% on board when besser just wants to take a fucking victory lap, and celebrate the birth of his first child, but my issue is that you would assume I listen to Adam Carolla's podcast.

• Like 1

I listen to Jay's podcast and think it's cool! Never thought I'd see him on Comedy Bang Bang!

Guy's fun as hell, listen to the Jen Kirkman episode of Mohr Stories!

The episode of CBB where "sarah silverman" shows up is fantastic.

Yeah that was an awesome one.

For some reason, that reason being my own personal experiences with this particular film on one of my first dates, I was hoping Jay Mohr or Scott or New Dad would mention Picture Perfect.

I thought Jay's Colin Quinn was great. Otherwise, I thought he came off like he usually does, loud and attention hogging. To be fair, I went in assuming I wouldn't like him. And I thought Matt wouldn't like him either. I don't think he did but I could just be projecting my own feelings. Didn't anyone else think it was disrespectful Jay (then Scott) couldn't even call Matt by the name he gave himself, 'new dad?' Like calling someone Tom 20 times when he's said his name is Sam.

• Like 3

Everybody's mad at ya for not being 100% on board when besser just wants to take a fucking victory lap, and celebrate the birth of his first child, but my issue is that you would assume I listen to Adam Carolla's podcast.

For one, I didn't realize the purpose of this appearance was a "victory lap", nor did I realize everyone is mad at me.

For two, I simply said "if you listened", that leaves plenty of room for people who don't listen. Finally, you do know that Earwolf is part of VPN, which is Adam Carolla's network don't you? Their shows are live streamed right along with his. It shouldn't be strange to assume that people know about the number one podcast in the world that is also partnered with Earwolf.

Ooh, the Gelmania reference hurt. (Unironically)

I know, I had a sad pain in my stomach

What happened to Gelmania?

Jeff explains all here

• Like 1

My wife can be a hypnagogic jerk, am I right fellas?

Also I'm surprised Jay Mohr was funny on this, because I only know him from the movie "Cherry Falls" which is a slasher movie, and not a comedy (well, it's a horromedy...whatever). Seriously, though, Jay's good. Hope he comes back sometime.

you consider yourself a fan of comedy and only know of Jay Mohr from a slasher film? Where did you get your comedy degree, University of Phoenix?

• Like 1

great episode, did anybody else feel some legit tension between jay and matt right before WWR? they worked through it wonderfully though. it was funny hearing matt and jay kinda go at each other for a bit.

I assumed most people knew Jay Mohr from comedy masterpiece The Adventures of Pluto Nash.

Jay-Mohr-in-The-Adventures-of-Pluto-Nash-2002-11-960x642_zpsc0a7cf75.jpg

• Like 2

I'm surprised no one has mentioned how good the "humans as TV shows" bit was. The Simpsons as a 100+ old man was the funniest thing that got put into my head this episode.

I too wasn't fully onboard with Besser when he just said he was "a new dad", but teaming up with Jay really made that character whole.

Stunning from front to back. Besser was in top form, and Mohr is OOTBFTGOAT! (One Of The Best First Time Guests Of All Time).

Scott even got a Pulled Bjork Sandwich call-back in there. Never forget!

• Like 4

you consider yourself a fan of comedy and only know of Jay Mohr from a slasher film? Where did you get your comedy degree, University of Phoenix?

Sorry, I did a poor job differentiating when I was joking and when I was serious. I've seen Jay's stand-up, I've seen Action and SNL. I know Jay's great, I just wanted to throw out an obscure reference.

Suicide Kings!

Sign in to follow this