🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 239 — New Dad

I thought Jay's Colin Quinn was great. Otherwise, I thought he came off like he usually does, loud and attention hogging. To be fair, I went in assuming I wouldn't like him. And I thought Matt wouldn't like him either. I don't think he did but I could just be projecting my own feelings.

Don't beat yourself up about it kid, it's normal. I've seen peeps make the same mistake with Adam Carolla. They've convinced themselves Carolla isn't funny but they listen to an episode of his show because one of their heroes like Patton or Sarah or Besser are on there as a guest and then they're surprised to hear their heroes laughing at Adolf Carolla's jokes. As if Carolla has actual comedic talent or something.

Tis a rude awakening indeed.

The only beef I had with Jay Mohr on this ep was his assertion that Ohio and parts of Pennsylvania are in the central time zone! As a proud eastern time zoner that resides in Pennsylvania, I was pretty offended.

I was also upset they didn't mention my favorite Jay Mohr movie- "Paulie." The story of a parrot trekking across country to find his owner. Mohr does double duty as the voice of Paulie and as a clueless con man that befriends Paulie. Tony Shaloub and Cheech Marin also turn in solid performances.

New CBB game: Mohr or Schwartz. Isolate one line, spoken by either Jay Mohr or Ben Schwartz and try to figure out who said it.

Damned if they don't have similar vocal tones and timbres....

Didn't anyone else think it was disrespectful Jay (then Scott) couldn't even call Matt by the name he gave himself, 'new dad?' Like calling someone Tom 20 times when he's said his name is Sam.

In the context of a comedy podcast, no. Is it also disrespectful when Scott pretends to not be able to say the Cake Boss' real name? It's all in good fun obviously.

• Like 1

The only beef I had with Jay Mohr on this ep was his assertion that Ohio and parts of Pennsylvania are in the central time zone! As a proud eastern time zoner that resides in Pennsylvania, I was pretty offended.

I was also upset they didn't mention my favorite Jay Mohr movie- "Paulie." The story of a parrot trekking across country to find his owner. Mohr does double duty as the voice of Paulie and as a clueless con man that befriends Paulie. Tony Shaloub and Cheech Marin also turn in solid performances.

Funny (ostensibly) story about the movie Paulie. It came out at the same time as Titanic. I went to the theatre with my family and we all saw Titanic. I hated it for the most part. It definitely didn't make me cry. For some reason we stayed and went to see Paulie right after. That damn wonderful bird movie made me cry.

I'm hoping it's Simon Pegg or Edgar Wright or Nick Frost. That would be great.

Frost, Pegg and Wright were all in LA this past week - so I'm guessing the b-b-b-b-bonus episode will be a Seth Rogen/Marc Maron WTF-style interview with those three about The World's End. And I'm betting that even people that didn't like the more serious Maron/Rogen eps will be more receptive to Pegg/Frost/Wright.

Funny (ostensibly) story about the movie Paulie. It came out at the same time as Titanic. I went to the theatre with my family and we all saw Titanic. I hated it for the most part. It definitely didn't make me cry. For some reason we stayed and went to see Paulie right after. That damn wonderful bird movie made me cry.

Titanic loosened your proverbial tear jar*, which Paulie then opened.

*not to be confused with a tear basin

Titanic loosened your proverbial tear jar*, which Paulie then opened.

*not to be confused with a tear basin

Is this "tear basin" anything like a tear catchment?

Paulie was the first movie I ever saw in theaters. I remember being terrified.

Is this "tear basin" anything like a tear catchment?

Come on, that's not a real word.

Come on, that's not a real word.

Anyone who thinks catchment is a thing is an idiot and not as smart as Dave Koechner.

I thought Jay's Colin Quinn was great. Otherwise, I thought he came off like he usually does, loud and attention hogging. To be fair, I went in assuming I wouldn't like him. And I thought Matt wouldn't like him either. I don't think he did but I could just be projecting my own feelings.

Spot on.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this