🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

I'm a big fan of bad movies but I do draw the line with absolute nonsensical plots, no budget and unwatchable actors (and this is in reference to Thankskilling quality movies).

I love anything Steve Reimi, Kurtzman or Wes Cravin which gave me the appreciation for this movie that I really hope you guys check out -- its called "The Wishmaster" by Robert Kurtzman. You can find it Free on FEARNET on demand. Seriously, please watch this.

In a nutshell - a demon from hell grants peoples wishes, but of course there is an evil (and ridiculous) catch to his generosity which is: yes the wish may be granted but only in a hurtful manner.

Non-movie related example:

A person would ask the Wishmaster to become famous, loved and a pleasure for everyone to see. The devil would grant the request but the twist is that the person will be turned into a painting and be showed off in a museum or something.

Throughout the movie people are getting duped by this guy. Alongside "great" special effects, late 90s attire, desperate (but perfect acting) and overall a great ride, this is one movie that you do not want to miss.

Luckily for us fans, there are 3 Wishmaster movies to enjoy. So far I have only seen the 1st but I am eager to catch the rest.

Get some friends together and have fun watching this movie. It is a blast from the very first scene.

Thank you!

Lastly, this movie is produced by the one and only Wes Craven and has 4 sequels not 3 (the fourth being directed by Chris Angel).

More the merrier, right?

Your taste is your taste, but personally I've found that if I'm going to even go down the rabbit hole of b-movies, it's best to be open minded, because you never know what movies are going to be enjoyable or not until you watch it. Sometimes even the most low-budget nonsensical stuff can defy your expectations and be lovingly made and enjoyable. Sometimes people don't have the money or knowledge or talent to put together a great movie but the passion really shines through, Miami Connection comes to mind. But anyway...

I love the Wishmaster movies. The way Andrew Divoff plays the titular character really makes him a fun fascinating character to watch. The different creative ways they find to have people's wishes turned back on them is really fun too. My favorite Wishmaster movie though is the one where he goes to jail. I think that movie has the most fun with the limitations of this character's power.

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of bad movies but I do draw the line with absolute nonsensical plots, no budget and unwatchable actors.

I refuse to watch any movies like Sharktopus, Sharknado (sorry guys) and the Piranha movies that are deliberately trying to be horrible and more common (for whatever reason).

I don't think "Piranha 3D" was trying to be awful at all. I'm sure it was trying to be fun and tongue-in-cheek and the folks behind that one knew exactly what they were doing, so it was a legitimately well-done film for the kind of movie it was. "Piranha 3DD", on the other hand, was made by hacks and was a complete piece of shit with no redeemable qualities. I don't think he'd be burning any valuable bridges if Paul and the HDTGM crew took a shit all over that one. It'd be interesting to do them as a double feature, with them discussing the fun crazy of the first one and how it all went wrong the second time.

Also, I saw "Wishmaster" in the theater. Yeah, I was the guy.

• Like 2

You know, say what you will about Wishmaster, but the makeup/sfx is baller.

bscap0033y.jpg

• Like 2

I don't think "Piranha 3D" was trying to be awful at all. I'm sure it was trying to be fun and tongue-in-cheek and the folks behind that one knew exactly what they were doing, so it was a legitimately well-done film for the kind of movie it was. "Piranha 3DD", on the other hand, was made by hacks and was a complete piece of shit with no redeemable qualities. I don't think he'd be burning any valuable bridges if Paul and the HDTGM crew took a shit all over that one. It'd be interesting to do them as a double feature, with them discussing the fun crazy of the first one and how it all went wrong the second time.

Also, I saw "Wishmaster" in the theater. Yeah, I was the guy.

They should definitely do Piranha 3DD. It's a disgrace, everyone knows it, so get one of the other cast members on and make fun of it!

Also count me as a Wishmaster fan. I used to own it on laserdisc, and there was a making of special feature which had a hilariously earnest interview with Andrew Divoff.

• Like 1

"Your taste is your taste, but personally I've found that if I'm going to even go down the rabbit hole of b-movies, it's best to be open minded"

-- I should have given you more examples of the 'low budget' movies that I brought up. I was referring to this "Thankskilling" movie that I watched last week. It was brutal!

I'm a huge, huge craven, kurtzman and Reimi and a major fan of The Wishmaster. Over the past few years I have introduced a bunch of friends to this movie and they instantly got hooked.

Has anyone seen 3 or 4?