🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Snake

The Mothman Prophecies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP4P7VPx2zM

Chapstick...urghghg....chapstick...

This movie is terrible, how has nobody suggested this yet? The dialogue is amazing (I think there are a few bits June could do as a monologue a la Sharknado), the mothmen and Richard Gere basically spend every night just chatting on the phone like they're sixteen year old girls, every single person Richard Gere talks to has seen a Mothman but he acts totally surprised every time like he's never heard it before, the bridge collapse at the end is priceless....

Plus it's based on a true story! It's like saying Dracula is based on a true story.

I don't remember if this movie was good or not, but the fact that it at least claimed to be based on a true story and the fact that I had recently had a similar weird experience encountering a shadowy figure in my home really made this movie really creepy for me personally. I was not in the right mind to evaluate this movie's quality.

I am the same way thestray, I remember the story but I don't remember if anything it being special. It’s one of those art bell inspired stories.

Oh come on. If Mothmen were real, Richard Gere would have died in a mysterious bus accident by now. This is a 90 minute insult to their integrity

I'm not saying I believed the movie, just that at the time, after I had seen what I can only describe as a living shadow in real life, it was creepier than it would've been otherwise. I don't have any real clear memories of the movie except that.

This movie held my attention and I was slightly entertained by it. Weren't they revealed to be angels at the end or something?

This movie held my attention and I was slightly entertained by it. Weren't they revealed to be angels at the end or something?

The movie never directly explains it. It's definitely suggested that they're supernatural or extraterrestrial.

I don't remember this movie being especially good, but I do remember finding stretches of it it kind of unnerving/unsettling.

The movie never directly explains it. It's definitely suggested that they're supernatural or extraterrestrial.

I don't remember this movie being especially good, but I do remember finding stretches of it it kind of unnerving/unsettling.

Same here. There were parts that were real creepy.

Sign in to follow this