🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
EricaAsencio-Knox

Your favorite good bad movies on Netflix or Youtube

For purely selfish and lazy reasons I ask: what are your favorite terrible movies available on Netflix or Youtube?

My personal faves are:

Manos, Hands of Fate (youtube)

Disco Godfather (netflix)

Face/Off (netflix)

A friend loaned me "Rock n' Roll Nightmare" which you can atually watch on YouTube. I love it because a) It's Canadian B) It's wonderfully awful and c) it's an obvious ego project by Jon Mikl Thor...who was (is?) a rock performer. Wild!

Deadly Prey (YouTube) is completely amazing. A man is kidnapped by mercenary thugs to be used as the target for a sadistic training exercise. What the kidnappers don't realize is that he is a former special forces operative, who only needs his bare hands and short-shorts to exact revenge upon them all. In a completely unexpected twist, the man running the merc squad is...HIS FORMER TRAINER AND COMMANDER! Inane catch phrases, plot twists that don't make sense, explosions that do no harm from 18 inches away, and a lush forest apparently 40 minutes from suburban L.A. make this a cinematic treat that must be experienced to be believed.

• Like 1

Deadly Prey (YouTube) is completely amazing.

I'm cat & beard, and I endorse this message.

This is a movie in which a man chops off another man's arm and beats him to death with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E7tVQM4qvk

Looking at my Netflix queue right now:

MST3K's The Final Sacrifice. I could watch that one all day, every day.

Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo is some good 'ol eighties cheese, with a healthy dose of really cool popping and locking.

Gor is your basic shitty low budget fantasy/barbarian/whatever movie, similar to Yor: Hunter From The Future.

Remo Williams is an early eighties action movie that is also supposed to be a satire, I think? It's pretty funny.

Forbidden World (aka Mutant) is a craptastic Corman sci-fi production with z-grade everything, including recycled footage from other movies. Some neat gore and sfx and it's entertaining.

Hobo With A Shotgun never dissappoints.

Who doesnt love seeing Ricki from TPB's head get ripped off?

I second the Remo Williams nomination. That movie is pure 80s goodness. I like to think that JCVD saw Remo Williams and based his whole career off of recreating the magic that was in that film.

Deadly Prey (YouTube) is completely amazing. A man is kidnapped by mercenary thugs to be used as the target for a sadistic training exercise. What the kidnappers don't realize is that he is a former special forces operative, who only needs his bare hands and short-shorts to exact revenge upon them all. In a completely unexpected twist, the man running the merc squad is...HIS FORMER TRAINER AND COMMANDER! Inane catch phrases, plot twists that don't make sense, explosions that do no harm from 18 inches away, and a lush forest apparently 40 minutes from suburban L.A. make this a cinematic treat that must be experienced to be believed.

Thank you so much for recommending this film. I just watched it and loved it. I would never have guessed how much I would enjoy watching a mulleted never nude run around murdering people.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for recommending this film. I just watched it and loved it. I would never have guessed how much I would enjoy watching a mulleted never nude run around murdering people.

It's a good one. The actor in this is Ted Prior, star of dozens of z-grade action movies, and the director is his brother David Prior. I think that is some hidden magic behind what makes Deadly Prey fun. David Prior has DVDs of it for sale on Amazon. And, believe it or not, check out what is in post-production right now:

01gJAwi.jpg

• Like 1