🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Brett Arnold

Episode 240 — #TheWorldsEnd

The trio of filmmakers from The World’s End, Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg, and Nick Frost are on today’s B-B-B-B-ONUS episode of Comedy Bang! Bang! They’ll explain how the Cornetto trilogy came to be, describe some of the themes of their film “The World’s End,” and wonder what’s been going on with Austin Powers. Then, giant stars Sean Connery and Sir Michael Caine walk into the room to share their love of friendship and tell us about the important rules of acting.

This is gonna be swell

595.gif

• Like 7

tumblr_m726atcHNw1roimnd.gif

By the way, I saw The World's End tonight. It's really good. It's darker than the other two, but still very funny. It shouldn't disappoint if you're a fan of their stuff.

• Like 3

The three of them on DLM and CBB in one week? What more could one ask for?

• Like 1

Edgar Wright dropped a Great Mouse Detective reference that no one picked up. TSK TSK!

• Like 10

Tayne (the catchphrase guy) is definitely a reference to possibly the greatest Tim and Eric sketch ever made. Quoted weekly by my friends and I:

• Like 9

Now tane i could get into.. fantastic ep.. love Great mouse detective refs haha..all 3 of them are always entertaining..bbbeautiful bbbbonusss!

i think simon was michale caine only because he did that impression on doug loves movies and nick was sean? im not even sure they might have switched towards the end haha sorry for not being helpful

That was a great WYR. Loved "this is more of a statement than a question" (unprecedented?), loved the contestants' insistence that animals can't be mean and Scott's draconian adherence to the scenario as given. What a pro.

• Like 2

I had to pause it after "Eeauuh! Scoh! Thass noh fayah!" Due to uncontrollable laughter.

This was SUCH a great bbbbbonus treat

• Like 2

My God, I wanted that Caine/Connery segment to go on forever. Caine especially should be a CBB regular.

• Like 7

Scotch Ontherockserman, will you and the gang still have time to meet fans after the show in DC if we go to the early show? I already bought my tickets so I'm hoping the answer's yes?

It's got a 92% on rotten tomatoes right now. I feel obliged to see this opening weekend

The good news is that if Frost and Pegg never come back to CBB, their Connery and Caine impressions could be taken over by Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon.

• Like 2