🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 241 — The Stallone Bros.

This was glorious. Nick and Paul just went nuts together and were SO funny!

RIP Ron Paul Scheer

• Like 1

After all these hours of hearing and watching him you'd think I'd be less surprised at Nick Kroll's genius. But nope, he gets me every time. In a good way I mean.

• Like 1

Usually I like kroll's characters... but this one didn't do it for me. I know they were 'improvin' y'all', but the characters seemed more obnoxious than funny. Am I taking talent for granted? Probably. The characters seemed to be focused too much on the characters themselves... but where CBB really gets me is when absurd realities are created and rhetoric is made and progresses out of strange associations. This episode seemed to weigh too much on the sort of "mocking" of outdated Hollywood figures.

Also

PFT Vs. Tom Scharpling

Usually I like kroll's characters... but this one didn't do it for me. I know they were 'improvin' y'all', but the characters seemed more obnoxious than funny. Am I taking talent for granted? Probably. The characters seemed to be focused too much on the characters themselves... but where CBB really gets me is when absurd realities are created and rhetoric is made and progresses out of strange associations. This episode seemed to weigh too much on the sort of "mocking" of outdated Hollywood figures.

Also

PFT Vs. Tom Scharpling

You're a good kid...a real talent...c'mer I wanna give ya a hug.

• Like 2

I loved it when Scott called out Scheer for using the voice of another sibling of a famous person. Also, when are we gonna get a return of the retired broadcaster who worked with Alan Thicke on In The Thicke Of The Night?

Also

PFT Vs. Tom Scharpling

Are there any new developments in this story, or are you just bringing up old rumors?

I would guess it wasn't planned, because they didn't go through the charade of break/guests "left the room"/other people enter.

I'm glad they brought up Bill Diesel, because it would have been even more ridiculous without acknowledging that. Super funny stuff all around.

Yes and yes. Three improv comics at the top of their game -- this is what happens. Something unplanned evolves into one of the best hours of comedy in a year of amazing comedy podcasts. As mentioned, Kroll's repeated use of "he's a good kid, gonna make it" had me in tears on the freeway.

Damn - Kroll's Stallone impression had me cracking up! This was hilarious :D

"We're talking to some people about it... we know this Persian guy" - lol

Also

PFT Vs. Tom Scharpling

There is no more PFT vs. Tom Scharpling. They're both VERY funny dudes who have (probably) moved on. Let it be and enjoy them both. I do.

Also, if you don't know who Tom Scharpling is start listening to the Best Show on WFMU every Tuesday night at 9pm at wfmu.org (plugs finished.)

Sign in to follow this