🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Ofcoursemyhorse

Enemy of the State (1998)

This would be an absolutely amazing movie for the team to discuss. The fictional technology, the insane plot, gabriel byrnes inexplicable involvement with the film.

Starring a in his prime Will Smith and of course the serpentine Jon Voight.

If you havent seen this movie, do yourself a tremendous favor and do so.

To make it even easier the whole movie is on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg8T1zKKrXM

Please let them do this movie in the vein of Con Air or Face / Off. Its a very fun movie but absolutely nonsensical, their depiction of what computers were able to do with security footage is all kinds of amazing

Bump for the scene in the movie where they use a footage from a stationary video camera to guess what the non-visible side of the bag would look like. 

Agreed on all of this. The actors (and how big ticket they were at the time) and performances carry the theoretically plausible plot to a lot of other flawed pieces that make up the plot.

Mike K

• Like 1

What always gets me about this movie is I forget how stacked the cast was with either established stars or people who would become stars soon after its release: Smith, Voigt, Hackman, Regina King, Jack Black, Seth Green, Barry Pepper, Jake Busey, Jamie Kennedy, Lisa Bonet, James Legros, and Tom Sizemore were just a few names of what could easily be the movie with the most HDTGM All-Stars in a single film.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RyanSz said:

What always gets me about this movie is I forget how stacked the cast was with either established stars or people who would become stars soon after its release: Smith, Voigt, Hackman, Regina King, Jack Black, Seth Green, Barry Pepper, Jake Busey, Jamie Kennedy, Lisa Bonet, James Legros, and Tom Sizemore were just a few names of what could easily be the movie with the most HDTGM All-Stars in a single film.

Exactly, just like @Ofcoursemyhorse said. This might make the film more Hackers level, rather than just flat out terrible. And if we remember (how could we forget), Hackers was done on the podcast. So, surely, this would fit the bill.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RyanSz said:

Even the random dude killed in the first 15 min of the movie is Jason Lee. Jack Black's role in this one is my favorite because it's so out of character and not a super exciting character, but he still does manage to have a little bit of personality in a otherwise boring role.

Even Gabriel Byrne shows up for a scene or two that completely caught me off guard. It is amazing because of how this movie is cast its almost impossible on a first viewing to guess who's going to around for the rest of the movie.