🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
egspitsberg

To Wong Foo Thanks For Everything, Julie Newmar

With your love for action stars I am just wondering, how is it possible that the 1995 classic "To Wong Foo Thanks For Everything, Julie Newmar" has not come up? I don't see how one could possibly go wrong with stars such as Wesley Snipes, Patrick Swayze and John Leguizamo as drag queens. Even the trailer is gold! (Which I have posted for your viewing pleasure!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0324KvZc7M

i love this movie but it probably is too deliberate in what it does to make mocking it worth it

I agree with my posting buddy, imhatch. It's good fun. Snipes and Swayze as drag queens was the draw of the movie, but it's actually well scripted and acted, if a touch ham fisted -- this was the 1990s, though, and "the gays" were still a very big deal for many people to handle. This movie doesn't mock, it embraces, and that was worth something to the LGBT community back then (not that I claim to be a spokesperson).

Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert is better, though.

I guess I didn't think of that specific aspect of it, because I certainly have no problem with the LGBT community. I love this movie actually but more analytical things started to run through my head as I got older. For example, realizing just who the actors really were and having the question of, "Seriously, how did they get these actors to do this?" runs through my head a lot along with a myriad of other questions and inquiries. These guys act their hearts out in this movie too, it is merely everything else that I would love to see it dove into more.

Sign in to follow this