🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Brett Arnold

Episode 143 — Normies

Yep, black people are the "real" racists, aren't they?

Whatever reach-tastic ad hominem you need to float your joyless boat, Shariq...

Whatever reach-tastic ad hominem you need to float your joyless boat, Shariq...

What was the attack? What was the "reach-tastic"? I just asked you a question.

But whatever man, there's no use in having a discussion about this because you have transcended race and are clearly above talking about this. Float your cloud on to somewhere else where people are discussing things that are worthy to be talked about.

I had a pretty shitty one from Qdoba, but I was in a hurry, so it had to do.

What was the attack? What was the "reach-tastic"? I just asked you a question.

But whatever man, there's no use in having a discussion about this because you have transcended race and are clearly above talking about this. Float your cloud on to somewhere else where people are discussing things that are worthy to be talked about.

You passive-aggressively played the race card (I'm sure that's going to be "Shariq'd") to try and shut me up about how ridiculously unimportant this entire incident is. Weak. And if you haven't noticed, more than a few people aren't really wanting to engage you in this, or many other things, because of how monotone and self-righteous you come off. I mean, shit, this is really where you take it every time someone disagrees with you?

You passive-aggressively played the race card (I'm sure that's going to be "Shariq'd") to try and shut me up about how ridiculously unimportant this entire incident is. Weak. And if you haven't noticed, more than a few people aren't really wanting to engage you in this, or many other things, because of how monotone and self-righteous you come off. I mean, shit, this is really where you take it every time someone disagrees with you?

No, you're reading too much into it a simple question, like I'm reading too much into a performance. Like I said, you can go float on your cloud somewhere else.

I understand you live in Atlanta, and I would be unhappy about that too, but you're kind of a dick.

• Like 1

No, you're reading too much into it a simple question, like I'm reading too much into a performance. Like I said, you can go float on your cloud somewhere else.

Perhaps I just misunderstood. Could you explain your context of "Yep, black people are the "real" racists, aren't they? "

I understand you live in Atlanta, and I would be unhappy about that too, but you're kind of a dick.

Is this where I'm supposed to pedantically correct your punctuation or attack your tumblr as some sort of non-sequiturial one-upmanship? Or can we get back to the matter at hand, the societal importance of the VMAs. Robin Thicke's suit was CLEARLY appropriating Beetlejuice culture. Lets get 'em.

Honestly, I much prefer hearing about the guests through pop culture as opposed to their chart roulette that is specific to them. I guess its more easy to relate too and funny. Plus it's not the same stuff you hear in every interview... This is probably one of my favorite episodes of this show.

• Like 1

Perhaps I just misunderstood. Could you explain your context of "Yep, black people are the "real" racists, aren't they? "

Take your own advice. Don't read too much into things and just float on.

These episodes are such a tease of what could be

Honestly, I much prefer hearing about the guests through pop culture as opposed to their chart roulette that is specific to them. I guess its more easy to relate too and funny. Plus it's not the same stuff you hear in every interview... This is probably one of my favorite episodes of this show.

The 'guest charts' were better when it was basically the guest having to wade through the swamp that is Howard Kremer's brain in order to decipher what the hell he was getting at. The interns are too good at coming up with logical, somewhat-easy-to-guess entries.

The interns are too good

And I would have gotten away with it, too, if it hadn't have been for those darn interns and their pesky WieWie!

You passive-aggressively played the race card

Hahaha, you just non-sarcastically used the term "race card." That's rich, man. I mean, in a horrifically depressing, racist kind of way.

I'm so happy Natasha was here. We need more people to just out-and-out call "fail" on so many of these songs :) Poor Howard seems to have been doing this for so long, he's starting to genuinely dig such horrible stuff.

Natasha is funny but what did Taylor Swift is country music to Republicans mean? I mean I am a Republican, but still enjoy music and she has been poppy lately but she is still a country artist mainly. I dont understand how being a Republican has any relation to music taste. I understand that most podcasts are filled with Democrats who hate Republicans, but at least be witty and interesting with your subversive comments.

Natasha is funny but what did Taylor Swift is country music to Republicans mean? I mean I am a Republican, but still enjoy music and she has been poppy lately but she is still a country artist mainly. I dont understand how being a Republican has any relation to music taste. I understand that most podcasts are filled with Democrats who hate Republicans, but at least be witty and interesting with your subversive comments.

In terms of political affiliation and music taste, it's a correlation/causation thing. If you took a survey of registered Republicans and Democrats, I'd be willing to bet more Republicans like country music. There's not necessarily any relationship there, it's just an interesting statistical coincidence. Republicans also tend to have poor senses of humor, but I'm not sure if that's caused by country music.

• Like 1

In terms of political affiliation and music taste, it's a correlation/causation thing. If you took a survey of registered Republicans and Democrats, I'd be willing to be more Republicans like country music. There's not necessarily any relationship there, it's just an interesting statistical coincidence. Republicans also tend to have poor senses of humor, but I'm not sure if that's caused by country music.

DAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYUUUUUUMMMMMM. C&B with an "interesting and subversive comment!"

Ok, I am now watching Katy Perry: Part of Me thanks to Howard & Natasha's recommendation.

PRAY FOR ME.

• Like 1

Ok, I am now watching Katy Perry: Part of Me thanks to Howard & Natasha's recommendation.

PRAY FOR ME.

Aw shit, it's on Netflix. This could be a laundry/chores/background flick tonight. Was it interesting? I mean, I'm the guy who championed Beverly Hills Chihuahua 3.

Aw shit, it's on Netflix. This could be a laundry/chores/background flick tonight. Was it interesting? I mean, I'm the guy who championed Beverly Hills Chihuahua 3.

Yeah, Netflix suggested it to me after I watched a documentary on horror movies (more fodder for the 'Netflix recommends' thread). It actually was interesting. I don't have anything against Katy Perry, so I went into it without any negative feelings about her. I'm sure it's staged in her favor, but she did come across as a very likable person.

A) Who watches the VMA's anymore? I'm 29 and I haven't watched the VMA's since high school.

B) Was it just me, or did anyone find it funny that they were talking about Reggie Watts, and Howard's hoarse voice made him sound kinda like Reggie Watts?