🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
AmandaWalters

Valley Girl (1983)

Imdb plot summary:

Julie Richman is a sweet-natured, if shallow, Valley Girl. After breaking up with her jerk boyfriend Tommy, she is at her friend Suzi's party ("the social event of the season") when two boys from Hollywood crash the scene. One of them, the sensitive and adventurous Randy, is immediately smitten with Julie, and she with him. Julie's friends, however, are not smitten with Randy purely because he is from "Holly-weird" and want Julie to dump Randy and get back together with Tommy. Julie must decide which is more important: her heart and the boy she loves, or the approval of her friends. A side story involves Suzi and her stepmom vying for the attention of Skip the grocery delivery boy.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0086525/

Please, please, please just acknowledge Nicholas Cage's eyebrows from this.

i love this movie and I should because I own it on dvd. it's one of Nicolas Cage's best movies. i know to young eyes Nicolas Cage may look ridiculous as a wanna be punk rocker as he clearly isn't but I enjoyed this movie for what it is at the time. a 80's Romance comedy. I love these kinda coming of age movies. Sixteen Candles, better off dead was a good one. who could forget Pretty in Pink.

I can't think of anything over the top crazy about this film. sorry I don't see it being a HDTGM movie. But that's just my opinion...

Yeah, I actually mostly liked the film and eyebrows really aren't something to build an hour long podcast around.

• Like 1

I just watched this and I feel this is perfect for JJ&P. It has 80's hair, boobs, sexualized mothers, creepy clown cuddle buddies, confusing storylines, the most random scenes that have nothing to do with anything (the father smoking pot, wtf?! why?!), slow-moving plot, insane sets, and most importantly Nick Cage. This movie is everything bad about 80s movies in a wonderful way! 

Sign in to follow this