🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 242 — Veggie Dongs

How has no one mentioned that they did some dialogue from the 1st episode verbatim after one of the breaks?

I noticed that too! I thought I was having crazy deja vu or something. It's from ep 100. But its about 99.9% identical to that same conversation without the audio actually being lifted from that episode...I was a huge fuckin nerd for a second and compared them and they are a little bit different but they must have had to rehearse that or something because it was almost the exact conversation word for word. Meta podcasting man.

• Like 3

My latent otaku is flaring up at the pronunciation of "neko"

Love the artist though!

Her cover of Alone and Forsaken is one of my favorite covers ever:

• Like 1

^ two lauren lapkus face avatars in a row!

Hellbaby is great. I rented it and Keegan Michael Key really does steal every scene, except for maybe the one Kumail is in, which made me cry laughing. All but two of the cast members are CBBpodcast vets, it's awesome. And that nude scene goes for a REALLLY long time

• Like 2

M. Ward's going to need to beef up security at his shows now that all the Comedy Bing Bong fans are going after him to jack that money back.

• Like 1

Thomas Lennon is so underrated. Him talking about blowing the guys while doing cocaine off the album while discussing a heist was so great.

• Like 3

Here are the three "different" introductions for Huebel and Lennon over the years. This really blew my mind and figured others would want to hear them all again.

From CBB Episode 1:

https://soundcloud.c...ntroduction-cbb

From CBB Episode 100:

https://soundcloud.c...on-introduction

From CBB Episode 242:

https://soundcloud.c...-introduction-1

Can't wait for Episode 575!

• Like 5

Scott has really incredible musicians on. I think I've become a fan of most of them after their appearances. No exception here.

EDIT: What's up with the Wikipedia page claiming Neko thought Scott was confrontational? It all sounded like good fun to me.

I noticed that too! I thought I was having crazy deja vu or something. It's from ep 100. But its about 99.9% identical to that same conversation without the audio actually being lifted from that episode...I was a huge fuckin nerd for a second and compared them and they are a little bit different but they must have had to rehearse that or something because it was almost the exact conversation word for word. Meta podcasting man.

So confusing as I happened to have downloaded and listened to episode 100 a day or two ago. I actually replaced episode 100 with the new one on my phone, when that conversation started in I assumed the dl had screwed up and somehow spliced the episodes together. I had to re-dl a couple of times before I realised what was going on (and for some reason I didn't think to just check the rest of the episode)

• Like 2

Scott has really incredible musicians on. I think I've become a fan of most of them after their appearances. No exception here.

EDIT: What's up with the Wikipedia page claiming Neko thought Scott was confrontational? It all sounded like good fun to me.

...jokes?

Also- mystery photos. Who are the people in the background of the first photo? Who is the woman in the background of the last photo?

the dude is the one and only Eric "Archers of Loaf" Bachmann http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Bachmann

not sure who the woman is.

i did not answer your question.

deal with it.

• Like 1

When I saw the guests I was mega excited but a little weary over a musical guest (hasn't happened in a while has it?) But not only was Neko a fantastic and involved guest and an absolute SONGSTRESS; but she also yes-and'ed with more gusto than Rob and Tom. Fantastic episode!

Kelly Hogan's the woman in the sunglasses. She's also very funny when you see Neko live, and has great solo stuff herself.

This was awesome stuff, and was the episode that finally got my wiiiiiiiiiiiife (a huge Neko fan) to listen to my favourite podcast.

I watched Hell Baby last night, great movie. It was a little creepy at first but it was hilarious. When Kumail drives slowly away from the house as he is incredibly stoned made me laugh my ass off. Really enjoyable movie for anyone wondering.

• Like 1

Scott needs to try that catchphrase again. I think he didn't quite give it the Oprah effect that was intended. It should be *you* get gum, and *you* get gum, right? Watch more Oprah, Scott. Sheesh.

Scott needs to try that catchphrase again. I think he didn't quite give it the Oprah effect that was intended. It should be *you* get gum, and *you* get gum, right? Watch more Oprah, Scott. Sheesh.

Yeah he missed the mark on that joke. Good catchphrase.

I got incredibly excited when I thought this was going to be a "Li'l Gary" episode... but alas, he only barely appeared. I Love Li'l Gary.

That's funny, because I had almost the exact opposite reaction. I really enjoy Tom Lennon in general, but a minute or two of Lil' Gary is just about the perfect amount of time for me.

• Like 4

I've had fucking Santa Baby stuck in my head for 4 days because of this episode. "Showing you my boobies daddy!"

All I know is that I'm fully on board for a comedically infantilized Santa Baby/Various Holiday album.

• Like 1

I would have loved either a straight Thomas Lennon or a Li'l Gary appearance. I win both ways, suckas!