🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 144 — Voice Rolls

Great job on the Batman music chart - but there was a huge, huge error. I'd like to know just why 'Bat Dance' by Prince was not #1? It is second only to 'Orgasm' as the peak of Prince's oeuvre.

Poor Biscotti, just when they finally acknowledge that he wrote Shark Tale, they completely short-change Bat Dance and don't even mention that it's his favorite song.

On a more serious note related to that chart, I was surprised that it didn't include "Kiss From a Rose", but I guess that would be because it wasn't "about Batman" even though it was on a Batman movie soundtrack.

• Like 1

Haha, you can totally tell that they recorded the sponsor breaks after the show; they're definitely trying out their voice acting skills. Hilarious stuff. Has Grey DeLisle been on any other podcasts? She's a delight.

I recall this one being quite good:

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/a-mouse-eek/

You'll get to hear the "how I met my spouse" story again, but also lots of other stuff!

I think the movie Howie was trying to remember was "Valley Girl" which had Nic Cage as well as EG Daily.

Now onto an embarrassing story. I'm a sometimes-watcher of Adventure Time (I like it, not a die-hard by any means but it's a fun show). When the genderswapped Fionna and Cake episode aired, I tweeted that I thought it would have been cool if Jill Talley voiced the Ice Queen, since of course Tom Kenny voices the King. (They met at the credits and now they're married.)

I was careful to give Grey props because it wasn't even like she did a bad job, it was more just "comedy nerd wants novelty casting." Well apparently that was the *wrong* thing to say:

tumblr_m0234xIMri1qzzfwuo1_500.png

When it happened I thought it was a GdL superfan lashing out at me. Imagine my surprise to listen to Whooch today and find out that this is her husband! As soon as she mentioned the red-haired avatar I was like "oh shit." So he sticks up for her on the twitters, which is a nice thing for a partner to do.

I think the movie Howie was trying to remember was "Valley Girl" which had Nic Cage as well as EG Daily.

Now onto an embarrassing story. I'm a sometimes-watcher of Adventure Time (I like it, not a die-hard by any means but it's a fun show). When the genderswapped Fionna and Cake episode aired, I tweeted that I thought it would have been cool if Jill Talley voiced the Ice Queen, since of course Tom Kenny voices the King. (They met at the credits and now they're married.)

Adventure Time is fucking sweet. I have no shame in watching it as an adult. I make my pup wear the fin hat every once in a while even though she pouts when I strap it to her noggin. 'Cause how else will I be properly equipped to accost people with pictures of my pet?

• Like 1

Adventure Time is fucking sweet. I have no shame in watching it as an adult. I make my pup wear the fin hat every once in a while even though she pouts when I strap it to her noggin. 'Cause how else will I be properly equipped to accost people with pictures of my pet?

I guess that was needlessly defensive. I am not ashamed, I just acknowledge that others are bigger fans than I.

Also I absolutely need to see those dog pictures!