🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 40 — Going Back To The Choppa

** - I’ve thought about making a separate post on the forums discussing which ones I’ve found to be good and which I’d recommend. I think I’m going to do it and I’m hopeful some other Nerd Poker reply with their own favorites.

Please do! I tried listening to some others and they just didn't have the excitement and charm of Nerd Poker.

I'd be interested, too. The only other one I really know is the irregular Penny Arcade podcast, but I have completely soured on PA, what with Krahulik's continuous dickish behaviour.

• Like 1

But for me the most hilarious moment was when Sarah rolled the one. She's usually so understated compared to the others. My jaw dropped and eyes widened when she just let off that stream of obscenity.

My favourite moment, too. I like how even with all its fire and obscenity, it still came across as slightly understated and strangely tasteful.

• Like 1

Adomian's cameo...

Numberwang reference...

Raining Blood playing as mood music...

Some hefty damage rolls against scary foes...

This was a good ep.

I'm glad Sark decided to up the damage on Blackie's lightning staff. It seemed low the past couple times he used it, and now it's a weapon worthy of a guy who has, from what I've heard anyway, a pretty decent charisma.

• Like 5

Good LORD, I wish there were toys.

Also, I'm new here, but what's the feel among listeners; are we approaching the end of this Collector Quest? It seems that the Old Man is the Final Boss here and that he's using Collectors to steal souls to keep himself young. Kill him and The Collectors all die, right?

Man, I would buy the shit out of a Stargoyle plushie.

I feel like this quest will keep going as long as the characters are still alive. If they kill the big bad old guy, maybe they'll still have to wipe out the rest of the collectors? Or an even bigger, badder guy will be created to fill the old man's place?

Just finished episode 40 and I'm all caught up after binging on Nerd Poker for the last couple of weeks. How long before withdrawal sets in? I'm already itching for episode 41

Just finished episode 40 and I'm all caught up after binging on Nerd Poker for the last couple of weeks. How long before withdrawal sets in? I'm already itching for episode 41

I know the feeling. I marathoned up to 38 in a week, and now the wait is terrible lol

• Like 2

Is anyone else anticipating a twist, where the old man Seems evil, but has a legit reason to be doing this? Maybe he's God, lol

Good LORD, I wish there were toys.

Also, I'm new here, but what's the feel among listeners; are we approaching the end of this Collector Quest? It seems that the Old Man is the Final Boss here and that he's using Collectors to steal souls to keep himself young. Kill him and The Collectors all die, right?

I hope we're not reaching the end of the collector quest, cause that would mean the end of Sir Richard right? didn't he just get sent back to smite collectors? i don't know if i could handle the loss of jerry again so soon

I'm glad Sark decided to up the damage on Blackie's lightning staff. It seemed low the past couple times he used it, and now it's a weapon worthy of a guy who has, from what I've heard anyway, a pretty decent charisma.

I thought maybe the collectors were resistant to lightning or were wearing rubber soled shoes for some reason

The party should go back to the gas bag planet and pull the weapons and nuke from the nasa derelict. head back to the tower and bring the pain, nuke it from orbit.

Love the show.

What happened to the two hostages that were brought down the lift ? Also,

Sir Richard and Bart still had an attack turn that was skipped before the collectors vanished. They might have been able to take out a few more.

Love the show.

What happened to the two hostages that were brought down the lift ? Also,

Sir Richard and Bart still had an attack turn that was skipped before the collectors vanished. They might have been able to take out a few more.

I've been wondering this too!

I have a vague memory of them just being left in the elevator shaft of souls, but I'm not sure if that actually happened or not.

I hope we're not reaching the end of the collector quest, cause that would mean the end of Sir Richard right? didn't he just get sent back to smite collectors? i don't know if i could handle the loss of jerry again so soon

I had forgotten about that! I'm assuming it would mean the end of Sir Richard. But I think it's convenient that the anniversary of the first episode is coming up soon and the party has met the one guy who seems to be controlling all the Collectors. Remember the Collectors don't have bodies; they're just robes. It seems they only exist due to this old man's powers. So, if our team defeats the old man, I assume all the Collectors' robes will fall, lifeless. It'd be a good time to wrap up this first, year-long "season," and provide opportunity for a new quest with either these same or completely new characters!