🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Brett Arnold

Episode 53 — Best Of Year One

Jake compiles his favorite moments from the first year of the show on this week's Best Of edition of THE FOGELNEST FILES! Fantastic moments like Megan Amram's Rosie O'Donnel story, Jen Kirkman's breakdown of Royce & Marilyn, Cheech & Chong explaining the origin of "Dave's Not Here", an appearance from a certain squirrel and many, many more are highlighted. Head on over to youtube.com/TheFogelnestFiles to watch all the clips from this week’s episode.

• Like 5

Congrats on a fantastic year, Jake

Here's to the next 52 and beyond!

kitten_smile-1611.jpg

• Like 2

Happy First Year to Mr. Jake Files and all 'philes of the Files. I'm glad you chose that Sklar Brothers clip, that's the first thing I thought of when I saw this was gonna be a "best of" show. Their delight in describing that batshit clip, (and their demands that it be played again & again) was so infectious ... I have to admit that I was slightly disappointed when I got around to viewing the actual clip, but only because the audio hype-up was so hilarious.

Here's to many more shows. As Buzz Lightyear Koechner would say: Bev, Bob, and Beyond!!!

A clip show of a clip show? I'll take it.

Thanks for an excellent year, Jake, you've made the tedium of office work a lot more bearable each week.

• Like 1

Awesome collection of the first year of an awesome podcast. Really good selection of stuff. I would have had to riot if Todd Glass' new anchor riff didn't get put on it.

• Like 1

Great recap of a great year. The clips fittingly included two quotes which perfectly sum up Jake's sense of humor in my mind:

"Huey Lewis isn't very punk, but The News is punk as fuck."

"Fuck 9/11, this is important!"

y6dT3pF.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm just a caveman. I fell on some ice and later got thawed

out by some of your scientists. Your "punk music" frightens and confuses me!

That was actually the one clip that I was most hoping/expecting to be on when Jake said there would be a Best Of, and it wasn't. But there was enough great stuff that I totally forgot about it until seeing it mentioned here.

Thank you for all the kind words everyone! It was REALLY hard to leave off Noah talking about "Bread and Butter." It just keeps coming back through the episode - it really should be enjoyed in its entirety! Noah Garfinkel is just so damn funny.

• Like 1

Wow, congrats on a great year Jake. THis has become one of my top 3 podcasts.

A great selection of the "Best of..." So happy that some of my favorites, including "Diddly Squat", and "Singing Shower Dude" made it in.

"bread and butter" would have been awesome, but I understand that it'd take up too much time.

Here's to many more.

• Like 1

That year went by wicked fast. It's not unusual for me to find a new podcast, get very excited about it, then grow tired of it over a few weeks or months and eventually stop listening. That's never come close to happening with "The Fogelnest Files." I've been excited about it every single week for the last 52 weeks. Thanks for the great show, Jake. You are a professional.

• Like 1

I would never have guessed a year ago I would like this. Growing up in East Texas I had no exposure to Jake and had no idea what he was about coming into this. His unabashed joy at discovery and the antics of the world makes me love him and the podcast so much. Keep it up Jake, you make the world a better place.

• Like 1

Congrats on the year Jake! Loved hearing the Glaser Bowie mattress jingle. Picked up a copy of his book. I have a feeling I am going to really enjoy it. Keep up the good work.

Somehow I missed the Todd Glass episode?!!?! How the fuck did that happen?!

I grew up in Jersey about 30 mins (if memory serves) from Philly. That news theme song brought me back so goddamn hard. What an amazing piece of instrumentation.

I grew up in Jersey about 30 mins (if memory serves) from Philly. That news theme song brought me back so goddamn hard. What an amazing piece of instrumentation.

jim gardner and the theme are still used prominently.

THERE'S EVEN VIDEO OF IT BRO

• Like 1