🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
DubipR

Guests You'd Like to See on the Fogelnest Files

It seems like every other show forum has one of these, why not one for Jake.

Let's hear it folks. Who are guests you'd like to see on the Files?

Starting off, I'd like to see Alex Winter be a guest on the show. I'm looking forward to seeing his new documentary, Downloaded. Since Jake brings in voices that usually don't get a chance to speak and have some fun, Alex would be a great ideal guest. Also, he's Bill S. Preston, Esq!

• Like 7

Tom Scharpling is the obvious one.

Agreed!

Okay. October 10th, New York City. The Bell House.

Dave Hill

Julie Klausner

and Tom Scharpling.

SEE YOU THERE.

TICKETS!

• Like 1

Andy Kindler (possibly versus the squirrel) but Kindler.. is there some way to have him as a kind of regular monthly round-up guest kinda co-host.

Nobody can find the clips that infuriate Kindler like Jake can.

And there is never enough Fred Stoller.

My request for a new guest would be the great June Diane Raphael.

Best. Lineup. Ever.

Will the Squirrel be in attendance?

And Tom just got a gig and had to postpone! Stay tuned for revised lineup, but tickets are already selling, so get them quick! Tom, Julie and I are doing a WFMU Radiovision panel on October 19th together though!

radiovision.wfmu.org

My request for a new guest would be the great June Diane Raphael.

June was on a live one and she was great!

• Like 1

June was on a live one and she was great!

My mind must be blending together Fogelnest Files and HDTGM episodes (my 2 faves along with 2Charted) but I guess I can still hope for JDR as a sit-in 1-on-1 guest.

My other request might be Adam Carolla. When he isn't ranting or complaining he actually has a spooky keen memory of crazy and obscure television, commercials, toys etc from the 1970s and 80s sort of era.

Also, just show him some Huell Howser 'California Gold' clips and Carolla is in his glory.

*this reminds me to throw Dana Gould in there too. He also seems to have keen memory of old classic TV and pop culture references.

btw: I realized I sounded like an a-hole 'throwing in requests' like I'm not a fanboy who's just thankful I'm getting free podcasts you guys work hard on.

I really am thankful (and often in awe) at what you guys do for us (again for free!).

btw: I realized I sounded like an a-hole 'throwing in requests' like I'm not a fanboy who's just thankful I'm getting free podcasts you guys work hard on.

I really am thankful (and often in awe) at what you guys do for us (again for free!).

You didn't sound like an a-hole at all, but wow thank you for being VERY nice!

The guys from 5secondfilms.com. Briefly mentioned on the recent episode, but yeah, they're smart, funny people who do a lot of internet shit and have worked with cool people.

For some reason, it feels weird to me that I've never heard Jon Benjamin on an Earwolf podcast. I'm a big fan of his work. Any chance of him showing up?

• Like 1

Joe Dante, Dick Miller, Patti Schmidt (from the CBC radio show brave new waves), the Walsh brothers, Ron lynch, whoever it is that programs the new Beverly cinema, Stuart Gordon, Scharpling, Wurster

J. Hoberman, Jonathan rosenbaum, Elvis Mitchell, Craig cackowski, Brian stack, Kevin dorff, Matt fraction

I will promise to deliver on Stack and Dorff!

Wurster has done the show. Scharpling has not done it, but GARY THE SQUIRREL has.

I will promise to deliver on Stack and Dorff!

Wurster has done the show. Scharpling has not done it, but GARY THE SQUIRREL has.

Apparently he didn't get the memo.....

I liked all my favorite suggestions so far, but as far as return guests, I could hear Kindler and Glass bounce off Jake every week. If there was an episode of the Todd Glass show with all three I think the energy levels would be off the charts.