๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 18 โ€” Colin Hay

Australian musician Colin Hay has met a ton of interesting characters over the years and tells Jeff all about them. Colin explains why he sometimes wonders if he ever has to return a Grammy award, takes us back to one of the worst gigs he has ever done, and talks about an audience member who claimed to know the man from Brussels from the song โ€œDown Under.โ€ Plus, Colin treats us to a special version of โ€œOverkill.โ€

Anyone here listened to this? Think it might be the first By The Way episode I skip. Just have no interest in the band Men at Work.

• Like 1

I liked this episode. As with most guests, Jeff has his way of evoking stories and good memories and, no matter the subject, turning them into laughs. I don't think you have to have any interest in Men At Work to enjoy this one, just an appreciation for artists' experiences and histories.

Anyone here listened to this? Think it might be the first By The Way episode I skip. Just have no interest in the band Men at Work.

ย 

I haven't listened to it yet but I would guess that's a mistake. I didn't know anything of the band/Colin when I listened to his episode of Sklarbro Country and I was struck by how great of a storyteller he was, so I would bet this episode will be quite worth listening to even if you're not a fan of the band.

Colin had some great stories. Interesting to see the juxtaposition between a well established musician and well established comedian.

Sign in to follow this