🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 243 — Blow Me Up, Tom!

After listening to this like twice, I'm SO upset I missed James Adomian at the Helium a few weeks ago. This is probably in the top 5 episodes ever.

• Like 1

TOM LEYKIS! One of my favorites! "MARIA HERE......... what if I lost the sentence I was just going to make up?" - rofl. Oh man; that kinda situation is what that acronym was invented for.

Of course, Maria Bamford is lovely, hilarious and charming as well, but man: I. Love. This. Character. I think I could listen to a whole podcast just with James Adomian doing this one guy, doling out "advice" for all the guys out there - maybe taking questions from twitter or via phone calls or something. It would be amazing.

TOM LEYKIS! One of my favorites! "MARIA HERE......... what if I lost the sentence I was just going to make up?" - rofl. Oh man; that kinda situation is what that acronym was invented for.

Of course, Maria Bamford is lovely, hilarious and charming as well, but man: I. Love. This. Character. I think I could listen to a whole podcast just with James Adomian doing this one guy, doling out "advice" for all the guys out there - maybe taking questions from twitter or via phone calls or something. It would be amazing.

That's a great idea. Leykis needs to be the guest the next time they do a CBB youtube VPN show so he can take questions from the men out there that need help. Like all the guys spending more than $40 on dates.

Jesus Christ - I just started listening to this (8 minutes in) and it's already maybe the funniest episode I've ever heard (and I've heard them all) except maybe the last one Leykis Adomian was on... even Bamford's cracking up is cracking me up

Jesus Christ - I just started listening to this (8 minutes in) and it's already maybe the funniest episode I've ever heard (and I've heard them all) except maybe the last one Leykis Adomian was on... even Bamford's cracking up is cracking me up

I think this is going onto my list of CBB Podcast Episodes To Listen To Almost Every Day, which is a list of Comedy Bang Bang podcast episodes that I listen to almost every day, which should not be confused with the list of CBB Episodes To Listen To Almost Every Day pile, which is actually a pile of discarded CBB Podcast Episodes that I will not listen to almost every day.

This ep belongs not just in the Top 3 of 2013, but in the Top 3 of All Time for CBB.

Adomian must have sold his soul to Beelzebub to get this twistedly quick off the mark.

In addition to everything else, this week's Plugs theme was so good I thought Engineer Doug "Droppin' Wallets" Sadler might have made a triumphant return to CBB. Enjoy that well-deserved fame, Aaron Mason!

It's my new favourite plugs theme. Deserves a whole month worth of fame.

Great episode. I love Adomian giving us a wonderful "no, but".

"Hey, Merril, is there anyone else in there."

"Oh, let me check.... no!"

• Like 1

Just gotta chime in and say this was. fucking. AWESOME. I just enjoyed listening to Bamford cracking up.

And that plugs theme DID totally rule. Props to everyone.

I think I could listen to a whole podcast just with James Adomian doing this one guy, doling out "advice" for all the guys out there

Well, there is always the actual Tom Leykis show, which from the handful of clips I've heard (and my perusal of Leykis 101... seriously scroll down to the hot sauce tip) is disturbingly similar to Adomian's impression.

I know it's been a week but I can't stop thinking about this episode, I'm really really glad Tom chose to make his presence known by singing that Enter Sandman riff. It's my absolute favorite thing.

The one at the end of the rap battle in the "Out of Bleeps" episode is the best one, I'm literally giggling right now thinking about it as I post the link

DOO DA DO DA DOOO DOOOO DA DO DA DOOO YOU'RE LISTENING TO THE TOM TAAHM TOOOMM TOM LEYKIS SHOW

• Like 2

What?

oh how silly of me... I I IIIIT'S BEEN a really long week already.

• Like 5

Having finally actually listened to it, my one criticism is that I think Adomian entered too early. I feel like the episode peaked too early and almost fell apart at the end. And as much as I love James's Leykis impression, I would have liked to have heard a little more from Maria.

But, goddamn, the dueling Leykis's almost made me run my car off the road.

Comedy-Bang-Bang-Merrill-Shindler-Tom-Leykus--Howard-Stern-COLORS.png

This new illustration has been a long time coming, in this episode I really enjoyed that both characters Merill Shindler and Tom Leykis (a la James Adomian) shared a consciousness. When I listen previous podcasts what I recently noticed is that the ones I mostly listen to are the ones where James Adomian plays a character. When doing image research for this piece I didn’t know that both Merill Shindler and Tom Leykis are real people, was kind of shocking to see because both are such outlandish characters that I couldn’t believe that either exist. I decided to create a faux podcast cover for the oddly paired characters. It was hard to create a likeness of both Tom and Schindler so I decided to go a more creative way I believe. I scoured the internet for a picture of Leykis, I found one that suited my needs and decided to incorporate elements of Shindler. I chose to use Schinders beard and bald as a way of showing that by Tom was channeling Merill Shindler rather than morphing into Merill. With the logo and the background I was looking for a more edgier look so I decided to use a steel sheet as a texture to give the illustration an more raw and hardcore feel. Also by using a bold and slightly slanted text I believe I gave the logo a more forward and edgier look. Overall this piece started out as a pain in the ass to create because I kept flip flopping on what color to use, what texture etc.

To look for more from me or if your interested in my pervious work you can check out my twitter or my tumblr

• Like 5