🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 243 — Blow Me Up, Tom!

The Sklarbro Country mention made me bark out loud with laughter. The timing was just so perfect on this and the 'plug bag closing' shocker was just the icing on the cake. Episode of the year.

• Like 7

Mmmmmmm what a buttery, juicy, strawberry, vinegary episode Maria Bamford, Tom Leykis, Merril Schindler AND Jesse the Mind Ventura?!?!?! You've spoiled us Comedy Bing Bong.

1-TOM-HUNDRED-TOM-HUNDRED-TOM

• Like 3

In addition to everything else, this week's Plugs theme was so good I thought Engineer Doug "Droppin' Wallets" Sadler might have made a triumphant return to CBB. Enjoy that well-deserved fame, Aaron Mason!

Edit: Adomian was also a guest on the most recent episode of Dining with Doug & Karen, and it took about 90 seconds for Merrill Shindler to take over.

• Like 3

This was why I fell in love with CBB so many years ago. So fun and edgy.

In addition to everything else, this week's Plugs theme was so good I thought Engineer Doug "Droppin' Wallets" Sadler might have made a triumphant return to CBB.

I thought the exact same thing! I loved doug's dropping wallets and his other appearances. He was a funny and talented dude.

This reminds of the episode Dustin has his plugs theme and how good that one is.

All praise the engineers!

• Like 1

I love how James/Leykis just keeps saying these filthy things (which are some combination of genuinely funny and appropriately-disgusting-for-the-character funny) and Scott tries to rein him in. I'm sure they didn't plan anything with Maria, but her going along with it and sort of being on Leykis's side was a really funny, unexpected contrast to the (equally great) route that Amy Poehler took with him. Also, the brief part where Scott was also doing Leykis was kind of amazing.

• Like 4

By the way, Bamford's shirt is amazing.

It's cool, but apparently she didn't get the blue and white short-sleeved plaid shirt memo.

• Like 1

"I have a daughter or something."

-Merrill Schindler as played by James Adomian

• Like 4

Oh wow, I didn't think this could get better and then Scott's Leykis came in and I nearly died. I don't know how this top 10 best off is going to work, because almost every single episode is pure gold.

• Like 1

Jesus Christ, Adomian is on a whole other level. It boggles my mind how clever and funny he is.

I love how Scott was audibly annoyed that he jumped right in before he even introduced the guest, but he just had to relent after a while.

Maria was lovely as usual.

There definitely seemed to be a point in the episode where Scott regretted having Leykis there and was actively trying to get him to leave. CBS radio and the shrieking shrews out there must have gotten in his ear.