🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 97.5 — Bonus Cut: Intern Wars

Seth Morris and Mike Still join Matt Besser for a special edition of improv4humans in which they have potential interns battle each other to see who has the best Man On The Street interviews. Plus, the original improv4humans intern, Eric the (Un)paid Intern returns via phone call from a dog park! Attention humans, please go to the Earwolf forums to let us know which scenes should be in our next Best of improv4humans episode! You can now get the UCB Comedy Improv Manual at http://ucbstore.com/books/the-upright-citizens-brigade-comedy-improvisation-manual, Matt Besser’s new comedy album at mattbesser.com, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

I'm having flashbacks to the Earwolf Challenge and that's a good thing.

The interns were assigned tasks in their respective 'wheelhouses.'

Thanks for the great bonus episode. There is no such thing as too much I4H!

• Like 1

I know Eric the Unpaid Intern's unorthodox style might not work for this show all that well, but that bit with him running around the dog park asking a family if they've ever broken a bone was amazing. I vote for keeping him around, unpaid.

• Like 10

Nice, the livesteam comes up as a bonus cut! This was such an amazing experience to watch on youtube, I wanted to comment so many things right away (shout out to the return of the Pope!). Keep the intern wars coming!!

• Like 2

This was probably the funniest VPN episode Matt and co. have ever done. Really funny considering the three man team. And Eric The Unpaid Intern delivered the luls.

I want there to be an Eric The Unpaid Intern movie.

Why stop there? We should form a religion around him.

Eric's got that rare Karl Pilkington vibe of unintentional hilarity (having said that, I was never very comfortable with Gervais and Merchant's over-the-top meanness towards Karl. I like the Matt-Eric dynamic better).

I like the contrast between Eric's bumbling personality and the impressive technological jobs he gets. Facial recognition software? Consumer brain imaging? What the hell IS consumer brain imaging ... I think Matt and crew could make a good scene out of that ... maybe a scenario where a mild-mannered, clumsy kid turns out to be an evil genius who takes over the earth and all of it's Hue-monns.

Jonah the 17-year old potential intern is also funny. It tripped me out that he said people explained rainbow parties to him, but he just "kept forgetting" the details. It's as if he's such an innocent that his brain just shuts down when he hears that information.

• Like 1

I know Eric the Unpaid Intern's unorthodox style might not work for this show all that well, but that bit with him running around the dog park asking a family if they've ever broken a bone was amazing. I vote for keeping him around, unpaid.

What are you talking about? He was a PAID intern, and if anything the problem is that he world TOO well for the show and they don't know how to replace him. And he has already said he wants to do "man on the street" interviews for the show again.

Wait, is this a joke where you're intentionally getting everything wrong? If it is, and I didn't get it, sorry.

I like the contrast between Eric's bumbling personality and the impressive technological jobs he gets. Facial recognition software? Consumer brain imaging? What the hell IS consumer brain imaging ... I think Matt and crew could make a good scene out of that ... maybe a scenario where a mild-mannered, clumsy kid turns out to be an evil genius who takes over the earth and all of it's Hue-monns.

There are actually a lot of people like that--people who are extremely gifted in one area like science or economics or something, but absolutely terrible at everything related to ordinary everyday life.

There are actually a lot of people like that--people who are extremely gifted in one area like science or economics or something, but absolutely terrible at everything related to ordinary everyday life.

autism...you can say it

• Like 2

Matt, have you tried to get your book at Powell's Books? I bet you could get it on sale there, and they also do online sales.

Great episode. I like the 17 year-old guy best, the girls-by-the-pool guy second best. Glad to hear they are going to do another assignment and keep it up. Looking forward to the competition going on.

Awesome episode. I didn't watch the live show and it took a while for me to catch on that this was it. I thought all the (non-Eric) interviews were good.

Sorry Matt, I don't know anyone, I just live down the street. I'll fill out an item request. Or track the manager down on the street and do an intern-style interview with him.

• Like 1

Non-Eric interviews were all pretty good, then Eric came back and stole the show. When you could hear the dogs start barking at him I lost it.

video of the livestream is here

I still don't know what a Rainbow Party is.

Because they don't exist.

The idea is a bunch of girls blow a guy, but they all wear different shades of lipstick so they leave a rainbow on his dick.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_party_(sexuality)

I'm proud of the 17 year old for sticking to his guns saying that he learned about that multiple times but just couldn't remember. Lying in a job interview is one of life's great skills.

There's also the Rainbow parties that involved different colored bracelets:

Different versions associate different colors with sex acts (similar to the handkerchief code). For example, purple might be associated with kissing, red with lapdancing, and black with intercourse.[6][8][12] Some versions said the involved action occurs at parties held for the purpose, making them similar to contemporary rumors of "rainbow parties", a gathering at which groups of girls wearing varying shades of lipstick supposedly take turns fellating their classmates, leaving an array of colors on their penises. Other tales of teenagesex parties have circulated at various times. Folklorist Barbara Mikkelson of snopes.com associates the "sex bracelet" stories with similar ones of the past.[1] In the 1970s, pulltabs fromaluminum cans and labels from beer bottles were supposedly considered "sex coupons" and obligated any girl presented with one to sleep with the bearer; by the 1990s the rumors shifted to include an assortment of plastic items, including some worn as bracelets. According to Mikkelson, there is likely little truth behind the stories, and the vast majority of teenagers who contact her site express shock and disappointment that so many have believed them.[1]

Anyhow, another great, great I4H video epi. Actually, some very next-level shit with the crossed conversations bit...

Dogs barking at Eric- comedy GOLD. One of my favorite moments on this show. I'd be happy to listen to these interns compete for a few more episodes. Great idea to interview the costumed guys on Hollywood Blvd.

This was such a great episode. This might have been the best Eric moment ever with him lurking around the dog park. Him just hanging out holding in his pee with no dog at a dog park was a funny visual to imagine, but then he tops himself by getting barked at by dogs while doing interviews. I felt bad for the kids applying having to live up to that.