🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Brett Arnold

Episode 145.5 — TWO CHARTED 84

Iced Boba, Wie Wie & a New Yorkified Ramhand return on this week's TWO CHARTED! Howard explains how the oppressive heat had an effect on his 'week that was' on the Wie Wie chart, which also includes some new information on the upcoming Dragon Boy Suede album and a recent wacky Uber experience. On her chart, Kulap counts down the top television shows she viewed during the aforementioned heat wave. Don't forget to watch a live Who Charted VPN with special guest Jason Mantzoukas on September 19th at 6PM pacific!

Holy shit. I would kill to get in on Howard's crew, alas I am not "L.A. based"

"Tears on my shaft"

"Crammed-stuffed"

"Greased-feeding"

Howie - "The only tears we're talking about here are eye tears"

Ku - "On your dick though"

Howie - "Welll...yea."

• Like 2

If they tour the east coast, I have a hookup at the Baltimore Aquarium (and also the smaller branch in DC).

I've toured with bands before, and just coming from that perspective, it's way cheaper to tour the west coast. There's a ton of cities, you can do multiple dates in LA and the Bay area versus driving or flying hundreds of miles for each separate show. Howard said recently that they broke even at best during the Summahfest tour. Unless you get guarantees -- which most performers do not get, possibly at a club like Helium or whatever -- you might lose money just based on travel, hotel, food, etc.

Dance break!

"Maybe some Kulaps bouncing around..." :lol:

That song was awesome, for reals. Is that trap music? I'm still figuring out what dubstep is. Pretty much all dance music sounds the same to me, not in a bad way, just that I don't understand the nuances. Like back in the late 1990s, when the thing was jungle music but also drum & bass. But they sounded exactly the same to me, even though there would have separate nights at the clubs.

I love knowing Kulap has great TV taste. Sherlock, Orange is the New Black, Doctor Who!

I wish she had talked more about Doctor Who. I hope she goes back to see David Tennant at work too. I'm haven't watched anything prior to Christopher Eccleston, but I hear its all great.

Big Brother is a big commitment, but following Big Brother UK is an even bigger job. There is an hour show EVERY DAY along with Big Brother's Little Brother, another hour show discussing what happens in the house, and the eviction shows every Friday go half an hour longer. I've watched it since 2006. (Not the extra show, just the hour a day ep) There is also a "Celebrity Big Brother" series every year where very low level celebs live in the Big Brother house like regular conestants. This year they had Dustin Diamond from Saved by the Bell and child bride, Courtney Stodden.

Even though it is a crazy commitment, it is addictive and I only hear people say it is better than BBUS. So if Scott and Kulap ever want to really say goodbye to their lives, check out BBUK 2006. It is on youtube and incredible.

(Sorry to turn this into a TV plug post.)

I've toured with bands before, and just coming from that perspective, it's way cheaper to tour the west coast. There's a ton of cities, you can do multiple dates in LA and the Bay area versus driving or flying hundreds of miles for each separate show. Howard said recently that they broke even at best during the Summahfest tour. Unless you get guarantees -- which most performers do not get, possibly at a club like Helium or whatever -- you might lose money just based on travel, hotel, food, etc.

What? It seems like the exact opposite is true. You can do a bunch of big cities on the East Coast without ever having to drive more than 2-3 hours.

Live VPN Whooch with Jason Mantzoukas should be NEXT LEVEL BONKERS.

What? It seems like the exact opposite is true. You can do a bunch of big cities on the East Coast without ever having to drive more than 2-3 hours.

Live VPN Whooch with Jason Mantzoukas should be NEXT LEVEL BONKERS.

No, you're totally correct, I guess I wasn't clear enough. Either coast is good to tour on, it's the in between stuff that is difficult, or traveling from one coast to the other.

But to expound, just in California you make a stop at Sacramento, then drive south and do a couple nights in Oakland/SF. Then two or maybe three dates in LA, possibly include Long Beach and then even San Diego. That's like six or seven shows, selling merch and shit, without an inordinate amount of travel expense. It takes a lot of time and effort to book all that stuff even if you have a manager, so I think you can see why Howard Kremer hasn't taken Summahfest to NY or 'Sconsin. Dude didn't even have his Summahfest tour dates on his website, one of the admins here had to tell me when/where we was performing in Portland.

Step up your intertubes game, Howard! Put those Austin Stories dvds on the Earwolf store or have an intern make a Squarespace shopping cart for them. I really feel like not a lot of people are doing the ebay like they used to.

p.s. also yesyesyes on Zouks doing the VPN. Locked and loaded.

If you're flying in instead of driving cross-country, plenty of the Midwest cities are actually packed pretty close together: Chicago to Milwaukee to Madison to Twin Cities to Des Moines to St. Louis to Louisville to Indianapolis to Cincinnati to Columbus to Cleveland to Detroit.

"Maybe some Kulaps bouncing around..." :lol:

That song was awesome, for reals. Is that trap music? I'm still figuring out what dubstep is. Pretty much all dance music sounds the same to me, not in a bad way, just that I don't understand the nuances. Like back in the late 1990s, when the thing was jungle music but also drum & bass. But they sounded exactly the same to me, even though there would have separate nights at the clubs.

Yeah, it's trap. I get confused cause there's regular southern rap/trap and then there's the more electronic/dj trap? I think this is the latter kind.

FWIW, SHERLOCK is shown in the US on broadcast on PBS as part of MASTERPIECE MYSTERY! (most stations play this first on Sundays, when the network feeds it), and TOP OF THE LAKE first appeared in the US (iinm) on the Sundance Channel on cable...

Sign in to follow this