🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Not really a football guy, but that guy gave Seattle a lot of grief back in the day. He talked so much trash about everyone, acting more like a pro wrestler than a linebacker. He ended up playing for barely two years before he was forced to quit. This movie was supposed to be his big comeback. It's pretty bad, on the level of Seagal's straight to video stuff.

I thought this movie was badass, when I was 12. I wonder how it holds up? Yes, The Boz was supposed to be the next Dick Butkis (I use that name any chance I can get), but his roid-raged ego got in the way of his football career. He was a freakin maniac at Oklahoma though!

• Like 2

Created an account just to bump this. Stone Cold is completely insane and wonderful.

• Like 2

Recently I watched Stone Cold the Brian Bosworth attempt at a film career! Being a long time HDTGM listen I feel that Stone Cold is the ultimate HDTGM movie. It was shot in the 80s, has insane over the top action, Mullets galore, Lance Hendrickson as a gang leader, Poor plot ridiculous dialogue an enormous amount of gratuitous nudity! I wager that this would go down as one of the epic episodes of HDTGM!

• Like 1

I thought this movie was badass, when I was 12. I wonder how it holds up?

You should get the RiffTrax copy. Its amazing.

Created an account just to bump this. Stone Cold is completely insane and wonderful.

Helping the cause...

...bump.

Huge bump on Stone Cold. There was a 30 for 30 on the Boz recently and they barely touched on Stone Cold. Needless to say, I was furious.

• Like 1

I love this movie. The cast is amazing, the effects are fantastic, and the mullet is everything you could ever want and more. This movie should have a theatrical rerelease. The Boz is actually quite good in it. Unfortunately it was 1991 and not 1985, so not a great time to start your action movie career.

Bumping this one as the AV Club is running a series on action films called "A History of Violence."

The author just got to 1991 and of course, "Stone Cold" was highlighted as the masterpiece of early 90s excess that it is.

Could be a double feature with "I Come in Peace" as they were both directed by the same ex-stuntman, Craig Baxley.

Also from 1991: Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man, Toy Soldiers, Last Boy Scout, Out for Justice, Point Break, Lionheart, Ricochet, The Perfect Weapon and Double Impact! They could do a few months of podcasts on '91 alone.

• Like 1

Bumping this one as the AV Club is running a series on action films called "A History of Violence."

The author just got to 1991 and of course, "Stone Cold" was highlighted as the masterpiece of early 90s excess that it is.

Could be a double feature with "I Come in Peace" as they were both directed by the same ex-stuntman, Craig Baxley.

Also from 1991: Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man, Toy Soldiers, Last Boy Scout, Out for Justice, Point Break, Lionheart, Ricochet, The Perfect Weapon and Double Impact! They could do a few months of podcasts on '91 alone.

Additional bump to AbeFroman's bump. This one just showed up in another review list about great cinema.

I like the double feature idea. I don't know if "I Come In Peace" has been recommended, but it should absolutely make the list for upcoming shows.

Has anyone’s recommended this classic? Mullet-headed ex-NFLer Brian Bosworth stars as a cop who (with a little help from his giant pet iguana) goes undercover to infiltrate a drug-dealing biker gang led by Lance Hendrickson and William Forsyth. It’s the kind of movie you’d catch on TNT on a lazy Saturday afternoon. Emininetly watchable and completely, dare I say...BONKERS. The climactic courtroom shootout is worth the price of your yearly Prime account alone.

Let’s do this as a double feature along with Firestorm. Two defensive NFL legends, one for being good the other for being ran over by Bo Jackson lmao.

18 hours ago, Funkdog78 said:

Let’s do this as a double feature along with Firestorm. Two defensive NFL legends, one for being good the other for being ran over by Bo Jackson lmao.

I'm on board for Stone Cold, but if they were going to double feature with NFL legends, they had a chance with The Running Man.

This was a childhood favorite of mine and I still have a soft spot for it. Other than Swimfan, it's probably the movie I want to see get an episode the most. The whole thing's just batshit crazy and fun.

Yeah I’d give anything for a Stone Cold review. It’s absolutely peak late 80’s insanity. This his epic action trilogy of Action Jackson and I Come In Peace. William Forsythe is worth this alone.