🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
The_Other_MikeD

Disorderlies (1987)

Aw, this is just a fun, dumb kids movie (it was for kids, right?) that I loved when I was 8 years old. I still like the Fat Boys, it's fun old school rap with lame humor.

In pace requiescat, Human Beat Box.

Not from "Disorderlies", but rather another 80's flick I grew up on. I wish I was old enough to remember a time when Freddy wasn't a fucking live-action cartoon character...

• Like 1

Not from "Disorderlies", but rather another 80's flick I grew up on. I wish I was old enough to remember a time when Freddy wasn't a fucking live-action cartoon character...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2XKsTbuUOo

That's why the only Nightmare movie I actually like is New Nightmare. It's basically a rough draft for Scream, but in retrospect I like it better than Scream tbh.

That's why the only Nightmare movie I actually like is New Nightmare. It's basically a rough draft for Scream, but in retrospect I like it better than Scream tbh.

Well, I like plenty of the Nightmare movies, with 3 and 4 probably being my favorites, but by the time I was old enough to know what was going on, Freddy had kind of already become a joke machine, and a lot of that early spookiness had gone out the window. Jeez, to be a kid in the late 80's when Freddy, Robocop,and Rambo were all being marketed DIRECTLY to kids by way of toys, Saturday morning cartoons,and video games was fucking nuts...

One of the oddest toy tie-ins I remember from the 80s were Beetlejuice toys. It wasn't an R-rated flick, but it was still fairly adult so in retrospect it seemed a bit weird.

RE: The Fat Boys, I remember liking them as a kid and when I dug through my 45s sure enough...

2013-09-17095927_zps87adffad.jpg

• Like 2

RE: The Fat Boys, I remember liking them as a kid and when I dug through my 45s sure enough...

"stupid def vocals by CHUBBY CHECKER"

Chubby Checker would be a great DJ name. Didn't they do a thing with the Beach Boys around the same time? Wiping Out?

• Like 1

"stupid def vocals by CHUBBY CHECKER"

Chubby Checker would be a great DJ name. Didn't they do a thing with the Beach Boys around the same time? Wiping Out?

Yeah, they covered The Safari's Wipe Out with the Beach Boys (or the thing we were calling the Beach Boys at the time).

Yeah, they covered The Safari's Wipe Out with the Beach Boys (or the thing we were calling the Beach Boys at the time).

It's pretty bad, worse than the Twist. It's a shame because they're probably mostly remembered for those songs instead of their other music. I know they had a family friendly thing going on, but their first album was a bona fide classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7nzf1yz7_g

Was that "Kokomo"-era Beach Boys with John Stamos on drums?

Was that "Kokomo"-era Beach Boys with John Stamos on drums?

Yes, otherwise known as the 'Mike Love Has Not A Single Ounce Of Shame Era'.

• Like 3

Yeah, that dude sucks. I'm glad Brian Wilson was able to get it together and have The Smile Sessions out finally, it's wonderful music.

Yeah, that dude sucks. I'm glad Brian Wilson was able to get it together and have The Smile Sessions out finally, it's wonderful music.

Though sadly Love owns the Beach Boys name and has yet again weaseled Brian out of it all.

Hang on, one fucking minute! Uncle Jessie was really a part of the Beach Boys, like in real life? That wasn't just a part of a Full House storyline?

Hang on, one fucking minute! Uncle Jessie was really a part of the Beach Boys, like in real life? That wasn't just a part of a Full House storyline?

Not just a Full House storyline. I don't remember if he was ever considered an official member of the band, but he did play drums on several of their albums and was part of the live tour setup for a while. I think he even played on the recent 50th Anniversary Tour.

• Like 1

Not just a Full House storyline. I don't remember if he was ever considered an official member of the band, but he did play drums on several of their albums and was part of the live tour setup for a while. I think he even played on the recent 50th Anniversary Tour.

That's fucking insane!!! You're gonna blow my mind if you say there was a real band called Jessie and the Rippers as well. John Stamos has led a charmed fucking life.

That's fucking insane!!! You're gonna blow my mind if you say there was a real band called Jessie and the Rippers as well. John Stamos has led a charmed fucking life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dor96YnM_qo

JK

But seriously, Stamos made some kind of deal with the devil, because he never ages.

• Like 1

Did that era ever really end, though?

That film's soundtrack even has the hit single "I Heard a Rumour" by Bananarama, as well as Bon Jovi's "Edge of a Broken Heart" out of all the songs on that album.

• Like 1

Did that era ever really end, though?

You could say that era is essentially his entire life span.

• Like 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2XKsTbuUOo

Bumped, because Craven's recent death reminded me of this video.

That, and the Disorderlies would be a good candidate for HDTGM treatment.

• Like 3

Stamos was actually in the Beach Boys BEFORE he was ever on Full House. He still plays drums for them to this day.

Source: My roommate dated him for a while last year.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this