🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 38 — I Have 30 Companies

And thank you! We really appreciate everything.

This is one tank-but-no-tanks that punched a hole right through my heart

• Like 2

Hey guys. Wanted to clarify my comment about it being the second-to-last episode of the reality SHOW show. I said that because: it was! But we're going to do a new show instead.

Here's the story: a couple weeks ago, we got a (conference) call from Jeff Ulrich and Scott Anchorman. It turns out they had been listening to the raw feeds from our records, where before the show Sean and I dish on Hollywood from an insider's perspective and offer whichever engineer is working that day tips on how to survive this crazy business. Jeff and Scott found themselves using our insights in their own struggles with the entertainment industry, so they called to ask us if they could release those conversations as a separate podcast.

We went back and forth a few times but once we settled on the numbers, we agreed to do a new podcast focusing on Sean's and my success in the Hollywood business sphere, and reaching down to help others get to where we and our famous guests have gotten. We think it will be a great show, but also a GOOD show, you know? And hopefully it will help us avoid the issue of everyone hating reality television.

After this Tuesday's final episode of RSS, we'll debut the new one very soon, and we would really appreciate if you guys brought your listening and forum-posting business there. Sorry if you only listened to us because of the reality show discussions. Can't say what the money was or the number of figu7es but I don't think you'd have turned it down. We will still talk about reality shows on the forums if you want. And thank you! We really appreciate everything.

Does this count as a scoop? Meh, I'll take it.

• Like 1

GOD DAMNIT! I don't know what level of bullshit is being operated on right now.

That said, I will follow our fearless leaders wherever they may go. Moreover, I will quote Henry David Thoreau here because my own thoughts are severely lacking in wisdom and gravitas and I believe this about sums up my feelings: "be it life or death, we crave only reality."

It sucks that I'll lose my connection to the world of reality shows as I only watch documentaries and the news.

• Like 1

Hey gang,

I just got off a Multi-Skype with Hayes's management team and it sounds like what he's saying is true. My management team has been dealing with some other (bigger) stuff this week, so they didn't wanna bother me, but they tell me that I am excited about this new direction for the show, and I don't think I care enough to disagree.

The following is a prepared statement written by my 3rd assistant, Blenjamin:

Mr. Clements appreciates all of the posts from the loyal RSS followers, and he has loved connecting with listeners over the past 38 episodes. He is hopeful that the relationship built between superstar host and no kind of star admirer was based less on reality shows (which a lot of people think are so stupid that they won't even check out one episode of a podcast about them), than on how cool and smart and funny and cool he seems. He also wants to make entirely sure that the format was the show's biggest hindrance and that it was not, as was often whispered on these forums, a general distatste for Hayes.

The new show will be fun, and hopefully it will bring in all kinds of new forum friends so the threads easily reach hot status, en fuego status, and ultimately Habanero status. Our greatest wish is that a year from now you all abandon us and talk about how you listened to our old show back when we were ACTUALLY funny and less commercial, but that we can't hear you complaining because we have our cans turned all the way up and Grenier is just ON IT, just RIFFIN'

• Like 6

On one hand I'll miss the reality show talk, but on the other, I'm just glad I can still listen to Hayes and Sean's sultry voices cracking jokes on the net. I just want to be friends, though. No funny business.

A suggestion for the new Hollywood Show Show: have you guys ever thought about hiring completely unpaid interns that you can make do menial tasks and push around? Just like they do in Hollywood? I would very much like to help out.

• Like 3

This is great news guys! I suppose I can now cease my daily tweets begging Scott Anchorman to keep RSS on the air. Hayes and Sean, Id listen to you guys no matter where you go. Dare I say it, Id even enjoy a complete episode of Big Bang Theory if you guys were on it (not that that show can be any funnier than it already is).

• Like 2

On one hand I'll miss the reality show talk, but on the other, I'm just glad I can still listen to Hayes and Sean's sultry voices cracking jokes on the net. I just want to be friends, though. No funny business.

A suggestion for the new Hollywood Show Show: have you guys ever thought about hiring completely unpaid interns that you can make do menial tasks and push around? Just like they do in Hollywood? I would very much like to help out.

Piggybacking on this, if you ever need a Seattle correspondent, just have your people get in touch with my people's people and they'll relay it to my people who might let me know about it if the offer's good enough or whatever.

Also, about your dms: Hayes, I'm not sure I feel comfortable doing what you asked with an octopus. Even if you have tried it before and it fit just fine... And Sean, like I told you before, I don't sell my underwear... Geez. Boudoir pics are one thing but I have to draw the line somewhere.

Love You, Bye.

• Like 1

I guess the changes were due to happen sooner or later. I mean, each year thousands of podcasts go under and if nothing changed, RSS could have become just another statistic. I'm sure when the call came from Jeff Ulrich and Spot Soccermom you guys said to yourselves: We gotta pull back the cans, bust open the mp3s and make a call for help. Whoever came in presented a layout of the median listener's age, income, etc. and explained that only focusing on reality shows was alienating to the earwolf locals. You gotta broaden those topics and add some glitz and glam to make the show successful.You're letting thousands of listeners scroll by because you don't got the right signs out front inviting people in. I get it. It's sad to see it go, but it's for the best overall.

If you guys haven't thought of a name for your new show yet, I'd like to suggest "The Funny Bones." It really gets the message across that you two are funny, but can be a couple a boneheads at times. It really lets everybody know what they're sinking their teeth into. That over here, things aren't taken things too seriously.

Anyway, best of luck with everything! So long til next week and then goodbye forever.

*turns to chomp on fist hoping nobody sees me buss up (in a bad way)*

• Like 3

Eh, listening to your new show sounds alright, but I think I'd rather send a message to Earwolf and kill myself.

• Like 2

Personally, I'm stoked for a new platform. Not a huge reality tv fan (besides monday night raw). H-bone, Clem-d--can I get some professional advice on what to rename my podcast in a few months?? We currently operate under the super slick monicker "Reality Show Show Show."

PS. apologies for the lack of fresh show show show content. we spilled a beer on our studio. #eddieguerrerolives

ur favorite tag-team,

-brawny appleseed and f. chop fitzgerald, d.d.s.

PPS. SiriusXm just built 13 remotes in LA and has an entire talk channel dedicated to celebrity gossip. Just a thought. Holler at the facebleezy if you wanna talk ting endorsements...

• Like 1

I feel like this is a good opportunity to get someone from here... To design the show profile image for the new show. Just let me know over this platform.

On the realnizz I've always admired the reality show show bus illustration and hand done typography. So who ever, or whom ever did that one did a really good job. Plus I like how it conceptually alludes to the horribleness of the content without literally showing like honey boo boo or something stupid like that. I also often wondered how much, if any of the materiel worked on this show carried over into your other projects?

You've inspired me to be a chilled out bro.

• Like 1

I feel like this is a good opportunity to get someone from here... To design the show profile image for the new show. Just let me know over this platform.

You've inspired me to be a chilled out bro.

Agreed. Maybe a theme-song contest is also in order. I still have a tanks but no tanks vs. lilttle drummer boy mashup rattling around in the archives. I'll present that at a seasonally appropriate time though...

• Like 2

Agreed. Maybe a theme-song contest is also in order. I still have a tanks but no tanks vs. lilttle drummer boy mashup rattling around in the archives. I'll present that at a seasonally appropriate time though...

Maybe Andy Kneis could submit something as well?

• Like 2

Just wanted to post, been silent for a few weeks.

Not sure if the fact that one of the guys (I can't remember which) said this was the second to last episode has been addressed yet but i'm not reading 2 full pages of comments to find out. If it's true, I just want to thank Sean and Hayes for putting out such a great show. If it's not true, then I do not thank you and will not thank you until the last episode.