🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 146 — Keep It Clean

Celebrity DJs are also notorious for fake knob twiddling. If you ever see some famous musician or actor booked as a DJ at a club, watch them closely. 9/10 they are just playing a pre-recorded set. Of course in fairness most people in the audience could not give two craps, because it's more about sharing a moment with that person than how technically proficient a DJ they are.

Celebrity DJs are also notorious for fake knob twiddling. If you ever see some famous musician or actor booked as a DJ at a club, watch them closely. 9/10 they are just playing a pre-recorded set. Of course in fairness most people in the audience could not give two craps, because it's more about sharing a moment with that person than how technically proficient a DJ they are.

Yes and yes, like you said upthread, tons of "producers" just hit play on their laptop and pretend.

I remember seeing pictures of Perry Farrell deejaying and he was being handed records with cue markers on them, and the same dude was working the mixer. Paris Hilton did a couple of gigs where she just danced in the booth with headphones on while another person played tracks. It's a sad, weird state of affairs. Diplo is the shit and deserves to get paid, but a dude like Skrillex (or whatever that girl from Rosanne's name is) gets CRAZY money to just drop his own records, wiggle around a bit, and not much else.

rLbWtPF.gif

• Like 3

Also, I never noticed how big The Grove plays a part in Los Angeles culture. They make it seem like everyone is there.

See, I recall The Grove being mentioned on numerous podcasts last year as the place people spotted (a washed-up) Fred Stoller on a daily basis. That made it sound like the saddest place on Earth.

Hah, Kremer and his Polynesian Love. "Have you buried a pig in the sand?"

That was my #1 LOL line of the show.

See, I recall The Grove being mentioned on numerous podcasts last year as the place people spotted (a washed-up) Fred Stoller on a daily basis. That made it sound like the saddest place on Earth.

Same here. Not necessarily the sad part, but it seems to get mentioned a ton.

This week's music chart theme candidate was amazing.

Did anyone else think that the proper pronunciation of "Kulap" had an appropriately similar inflection to "My wife!"?

• Like 1

This week's music chart theme candidate was amazing.

Did anyone else think that the proper pronunciation of "Kulap" had an appropriately similar inflection to "My wife!"?

The freestyle music charts have been amazing, and even though I've been listening how a while, I still can't believe Kremer dropped that line about a mop. JESUS, Howard. I really love his warm ups to them; last week's was hilarious.

"Riddick is a movie... about a meat head on a planet."

• Like 3

Did people stop you to pet your dog?

I don't have one, so no.

Was your father petted?

this whole episode was pure gold

• Like 3

I believe these 'EDM' things must be relatively easy because I KNOW I have no idea how to write music and doubt I know exactly what a 'chord' or 'octave' is supposed to be,

yet,

I had this Music Maker Pro and 'Fruity Loops' and some other DAW. To be honest I just dicked around for enough hours to figure out how to use the software. Around hour 10 I figured out how to layer beats, bongos, add some synthesizer and then a recording of myself 'rapping' Bob Odenkirk lines.

Put it on Facebook for stupid laughs.

Numerous people wanted to know where I got the song and were somehow impressed and treated it as a genuine single of some real importance.

And sorry I have no idea what happened to the song - lucky for you guys.

JDR is way to sexy in her guest photo.

A place where I can spot Fred Stoller on a daily basis sounds like the happiest damn place on Earth to me!

Anywhere Fred Stoller is, is the saddest place on Earth. He's like a real-life embodiment of Eeyore.

"Oh Piglet, I'm just gonna stand here at the Barnes and Noble and flip through magazines."

-eeyore-clipart-4.gif

• Like 2

I believe these 'EDM' things must be relatively easy because I KNOW I have no idea how to write music and doubt I know exactly what a 'chord' or 'octave' is supposed to be,

yet,

I had this Music Maker Pro and 'Fruity Loops' and some other DAW. To be honest I just dicked around for enough hours to figure out how to use the software. Around hour 10 I figured out how to layer beats, bongos, add some synthesizer and then a recording of myself 'rapping' Bob Odenkirk lines.

Put it on Facebook for stupid laughs.

Numerous people wanted to know where I got the song and were somehow impressed and treated it as a genuine single of some real importance.

You should have made a couple of more, put them out as an LP, and then tour the world making millions with your laptop.

• Like 1

The Grove is a grade A place for spotting a Mario Lopez.

Is he looking to get some strange?

• Like 1

As soon as I heard that Insidious was getting a sequel, I thought "this means we get to hear Kulap pronounce it like 'deciduous' a bunch more."

I want to overdub all the world's courtroom and police dramas so they include interrogation scenes where the authority figure asks "HAVE YOU EVER GIVEN OR RECEIVEN POLYNESIAN LOVE???"