🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 42 — Other Side of the Tower

Finally onboard the ship, our heroes decide to fly over to the other side of the tower to explore and hopefully find the old man whose portraits hang on the walls of this soul filled place. Some crazy shit will definitely go down and the gang will figure out the 21st century versions of references that might be lost to younger listeners!

Ah ha! Stargoyle is (at least partially) the key! I had a hunch when our heroes first acquired their new friend and new gear that those gifts would be needed to end this evil.

Happy birthday, Blaine!

You know I think in the ad they should have what an Earthquaker sounds like rather than describe them, considering a podcast is audio. Might help to move a few units.

• Like 2

Yall are gonna level up at the beginning of next week's episode right? Please don't forget to do that and get slaughtered.

Agreed times a million.

So halfway through this episode I started to wonder, "Wait, what the fuck was going on in the Collector complex on the water planet?" I realized that it seems like they are getting close to defeating the necromancer and I still have no idea what his game is. How does he convince the male soldiers to be slaves for X number of years? Do they think that the lady clones are their wives and daughters and that they have to serve in order for them to be safe? I can't imagine so, because they must have figured out that what they're doing to the next world is what was first done to theirs. Is the Mildred clone dead now that the crystal's been shattered, or am I going to get that mirror match I've been hoping to hear? I know that this is all part of the fun, but I'm so curious about how this all works. I hope they start unraveling it in the next few episodes.

• Like 1

There was a reference that I thought was funny. I forgot what it was. But whatever it was, it was appreciated.

So halfway through this episode I started to wonder, "Wait, what the fuck was going on in the Collector complex on the water planet?" I realized that it seems like they are getting close to defeating the necromancer and I still have no idea what his game is. How does he convince the male soldiers to be slaves for X number of years? Do they think that the lady clones are their wives and daughters and that they have to serve in order for them to be safe? I can't imagine so, because they must have figured out that what they're doing to the next world is what was first done to theirs. Is the Mildred clone dead now that the crystal's been shattered, or am I going to get that mirror match I've been hoping to hear? I know that this is all part of the fun, but I'm so curious about how this all works. I hope they start unraveling it in the next few episodes.

I don't think he has to do much convincing to get the male soldiers to work for him. I bet most of them are working for him rather than being part of the big bone pile.

• Like 1

There was mention of "Maiden's and Monsters."

Not sure what that is about but I found this:

"Maiden's & Monsters: The Quest For Charisma"

Enjoy!

I think they were talking about Mazes and Monsters, a brutal '80s movie starring a young Tom Hanks as an impressionable college student who gets caught up in a faux-D&D game. It does not end well.

I was popping in to say that any podcast that manages to make elevator manufacturer jokes and name-check Numberwang! is a great podcast indeed -- if anyone else caught the offhand reference to Numberwang!, it was a reference to Britain's GOAT sketch show*, That Mitchell and Webb Look:

http://youtu.be/qjOZtWZ56lc

*Python excluded, because c'mon.