🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
jetouellet

Quintessential PFT episodes

So I'm going to the live show in Toronto on Oct. 10, but I'm a bit behind in the back catalog. (okay, I'm at episode 76) I'd like to try to listen to all of his episodes, but that may not be feasible. What episodes should I listen to so that I get the appropriate amount of backstory for any of his characters that may appear, and what episodes should I listen to just because he was really great?

Also, should I attempt to listen to the tour dates that happen before Toronto?

In terms of overall greatness, I would suggest these three episodes:

85 - 2010 Christmas Special

150 - Dame Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber meets Fourvel (Bobby Moynihan)

180 - Garry Marshall and Gilly Jacobs: A Love Story

• Like 1

All good choices. If you can listen to more, I'd go with the 'sequels' to those (just look for subsequent episodes with the same guests). It won't give you the full variety, and you might miss whatever character you end up seeing, but those are all pure greatness. I'd say his other 'main' character is Cake Boss, but he hasn't been on much lately; there was an episode with Andy Richter a few months ago that was really good.

All good choices. If you can listen to more, I'd go with the 'sequels' to those (just look for subsequent episodes with the same guests). It won't give you the full variety, and you might miss whatever character you end up seeing, but those are all pure greatness. I'd say his other 'main' character is Cake Boss, but he hasn't been on much lately; there was an episode with Andy Richter a few months ago that was really good.

Yeah, I'll be able to listen to a good amount of them, but I just don't know if I'll be able to listen to all of them. I do have 18 days after all, so list as many as you like.

I recommend the back to back episodes (228 and 229) a few months back. They feature two of PFT's best characters.

Sign in to follow this