🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 72 — Toys

Netflix is kinda awesome sometimes. I was searching for bad movies one day years ago and came across Teenage Space Vampires. Instead of the usual rated PG for language/violence/etc.. it had this

vampire_violence.jpg

Thank goodness the alien vampire violence was mild.

Jamie Foxx and that other security guy wanted to watch Robin and Robin fuck SO BAD! Why would anyone in the world want to watch Robin Williams have sex? I don't think I could, i think my brain just wouldn't be able to deal with the trauma. And was Jamie Foxx actually getting off on the sounds of Robin Williams' moaning? What was that?!

They wanted to see the chick get naked, and I cant blame them for that at all. I'd brave the possibility of seeing Robin Williams hairy body to see a young Robin Wrights goods

• Like 1

I was fairly shocked that Mcweeny didnt name Heavens Gate when they started talking about directors pet projects that went horribly awry.

I was fairly shocked that Mcweeny didnt name Heavens Gate when they started talking about directors pet projects that went horribly awry.

Have you seen the movie? It's actually a wonderful film, one of the most beautifully shot ever. The cinematography is stunning. That's what turned it into a "fiasco"; Michael Cimino was paying an entire crew to sit at sunrise and wait for the perfect shot, sometimes days at a time. It went extremely over budget and because of that got a lot of undeserved bad press prior to release, but it's not a terrible film at all. I agree with you in regard to pet projects gone awry, but I just wanted to say that -- unlike certain directors' dream films -- Heaven's Gate is actually good cinema.

If we are talking about director pet projects, the only one that really needs to be talked about is Terry Gilliam's The Man Who Killed Don Quixote. That movie has been talked up so much in both articles and even Lost in La Mancha, that there is no way it could realistically compare if it ever gets made.

If we are talking about director pet projects, the only one that really needs to be talked about is Terry Gilliam's The Man Who Killed Don Quixote. That movie has been talked up so much in both articles and even Lost in La Mancha, that there is no way it could realistically compare if it ever gets made.

That's a great Documentary, I watched it late one night at about 1am on the cbc. I never got to see the ending because of the tv ads and time frame. but it was very interesting. I made it to the part when all the investors start pulling out of his film, and want their money back.. second best documentary made about movie making next to hearts of darkness.

I am going to have to hunt that down, as it never showed up again on tv.

Have you seen the movie? It's actually a wonderful film, one of the most beautifully shot ever. The cinematography is stunning. That's what turned it into a "fiasco"; Michael Cimino was paying an entire crew to sit at sunrise and wait for the perfect shot, sometimes days at a time. It went extremely over budget and because of that got a lot of undeserved bad press prior to release, but it's not a terrible film at all. I agree with you in regard to pet projects gone awry, but I just wanted to say that -- unlike certain directors' dream films -- Heaven's Gate is actually good cinema.

I havent seen it, I just know it was a huge bomb and got fairly bad reviews. I know that doesnt dictate a bad movie necessarily but i'm fairly certain I wouldn't be a fan.

Disclaimer - I have always loved this movie; I have not watched it in more than a decade.

I'm totally okay with TOYS being called a kids movie. It may be a bit abstract for most kids but that doesn't seem to be the reasoning for the critical response at the beginning of the episode. What I heard was that the sex was not age appropriate. It seems reasonable that the 'sex scenes' are more age appropriate than any realistic deaths or explicit violence. I can safely assume that most people are introduced to sex in real life before they are introduced to death or bloody violence.

I also think the monologue is core to the movie's concepts of betrayal/acceptance of the individual contrasted with betrayal of/commitment to tradition.

I'm a new listener so I'll give it more time but I enjoy the show as often as I don't. How's that for a backhanded compliment?

One thing I want to know is how the hell Zevo toys stayed in any sense of business. Seriously. There is no fiscal way for them to survive.

1. Manufacturing - Everything seems to be assembled by hand and never packaged. We see three large head things that spit out parts onto an airport luggage carosel where dancing workers put the two to three parts together. That is expensive.

2. Location - where the hell are they? They are miles and miles from anything! They are surrounded by miles of grass. Just a single building in the middle of no where? Where do they get supplies? Also that must be a bitch of a drive to work. A single one lane road in/out of the facility.

3. The Toys - Nothing is remotely modern. The only "modern" thing looked like a big ride on truck or something. There are wind up toys that no kid played with in the past 20 years. The spend money and research fake vomit like it is the biggest thing in the world. We know REAL toy lines exist because we see the general visit a toy store and see GI Joe toys.

Finally got to see this while at work on Amazon Instant Video streaming. The "Flare" scene Paul talks about is indeed Michael Gambon's character saying " that's why you always carry a flare". Holy crap, what a movie experience this train wreck was. Oddly enjoyable because of it's insanity.

Jamie Foxx and that other security guy wanted to watch Robin and Robin fuck SO BAD! Why would anyone in the world want to watch Robin Williams have sex? I don't think I could, i think my brain just wouldn't be able to deal with the trauma. And was Jamie Foxx actually getting off on the sounds of Robin Williams' moaning? What was that?!

Just watched this and holy shit, Jamie Fox literally shudders as he cums to the sound of Robin Williams having sex.

This movie is going to be streaming on Netflix in December just in case new forum members can catch up!

Sign in to follow this