🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 72 — Toys

Jamie Foxx and that other security guy wanted to watch Robin and Robin fuck SO BAD! Why would anyone in the world want to watch Robin Williams have sex? I don't think I could, i think my brain just wouldn't be able to deal with the trauma. And was Jamie Foxx actually getting off on the sounds of Robin Williams' moaning? What was that?!

• Like 1

June is pregnant. Thats my prediction.

You're listening to too much Totally Married. And that's their business, anyways.

My prediction is she just signed a deal with ABC and is probably super busy

Yep.

So was The Lion King.

Actually, most of the Disney games were consistently good, even on the NES. They understand the need to keep a brand's perceived quality high, unlike everyone who licensed a movie to LJN. Who thought that making a Nintendo game for kids out of Total Recall was a good idea? Or Friday The 13th? Or Nightmare On Elm Street? You gotta make the action figures, make the Underoos, make the cartoon (a Rambo cartoon, what the hell), make the shitty video game. It still happens to this day, but now most people have understand that almost all games licensed from movies are garbage.

The Aladdin video game was a good Sega Genesis game. I thought The Matrix video game was pretty good too, but I think they spent a bunch of money on compressing the extra takes from Matrix:Reloaded instead of expanding the game. That game would have been great as a GTA-style sandbox.

They tried that with the Matrix Online which did okay for a while but was soon deserted save for the most die hard Matrix fans. Aladdin was good because as it's been stated before Disney knew who its audience was.

So was The Lion King.

That game was hard as fuck when you got to the bone graveyard.

They tried that with the Matrix Online which did okay for a while but was soon deserted save for the most die hard Matrix fans. Aladdin was good because as it's been stated before Disney knew who its audience was.

That game was hard as fuck when you got to the bone graveyard.

I got on Matrix Online too late. For awhile, I didn't have a reliably fast internet connection, so online gaming or streaming was out of the question. The GTA multiplayer comes online next month and I'm gonna play the hell out of it.

Actually, most of the Disney games were consistently good, even on the NES. They understand the need to keep a brand's perceived quality high, unlike everyone who licensed a movie to LJN. Who thought that making a Nintendo game for kids out of Total Recall was a good idea? Or Friday The 13th? Or Nightmare On Elm Street? You gotta make the action figures, make the Underoos, make the cartoon (a Rambo cartoon, what the hell), make the shitty video game. It still happens to this day, but now most people have understand that almost all games licensed from movies are garbage.

Since we're talking about movies porting over to other mediums, has anyone ever read the novelization of a movie? Not movie that is based on an already existing book or a book that is based in a world/reality from a popular movie (i.e, the Star Wars spinoff books), but a novelization of an original screenplay. Like, has anyone ever read the novel-versions of Die Hard or Back To The Future? I always wondered who would buy those? What purpose do they serve? You can see the movie, so why read a book about the movie?

I will say as bad as Toys is, it's still better than Bicentennial Man.

Hey I enjoyed Bicentennial Man, I thought it was whimsical.

Can someone please explain to me why the elephant memorial/grave is floating like a balloon during the end credits?

I think it's a misused metaphor for Elephant in the room. this is used to explain a problem that no on else wants to talk about or address. mostly it's used in A-A when people have a drinking problem that everyone see's but does nothing to try and stop it. "The Elephant in the room". The story in this movie is that Leslie Zevo should grow up and take responsibly for his fathers company. but he can't so his brother Leland Zevo is called into action to take his place. I think the reason and this is just a wild guess as to why the Elephant is floating away is it's showing that his sons problem is now floating away. That problem ie the Elephant in the room is now gone and Leslie Zevo is now running the family business. Just like daddy always wanted and so the lesson is learned. so the Elephant is floating away, symbolizing release. This movie is full of symbolism. yet i feel it's a bit misused.

• Like 3

Jarry, I just want you to know that I read all of your comments in a Bob & Doug McKenzie voice; it makes me happy and I had a hard time actually making it through your elephant explanation because I was laughing at myself so much.

Jarry, I just want you to know that I read all of your comments in a Bob & Doug McKenzie voice; it makes me happy and I had a hard time actually making it through your elephant explanation because I was laughing at myself so much.

cat & beard - I am not sure if that's a complement or insult, eh.. I was trying to get deep here. sorry if my dyslexic brain got in the way of it.

Since we're talking about movies porting over to other mediums, has anyone ever read the novelization of a movie? Not movie that is based on an already existing book or a book that is based in a world/reality from a popular movie (i.e, the Star Wars spinoff books), but a novelization of an original screenplay. Like, has anyone ever read the novel-versions of Die Hard or Back To The Future? I always wondered who would buy those? What purpose do they serve? You can see the movie, so why read a book about the movie?

Have you seen Ryan North's blog going through the Novelization of Back to the Future? It's pretty great:

http://btothef.tumblr.com/tagged/bttf/chrono

He basically compares it page-by-page to the real movie.

For me, I had the novelization of Can't Hardly Wait because I loved that movie so much and I was a dumb teen!

• Like 2

Oh my god.

For the first time I just stumbled upon an ad for a new Robin Williams show, The Crazy Ones, that's coming out RIGHT NOW!

Eccentric ad agency where everyone sits around playing with toys in a childlike manner, young blonde woman brought in for important position with Robin Williams.

IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN! SUB-CREATURES, THE TRAVELER HAS COME! CHOOSE AND PERISH!

I think it's a misused metaphor for Elephant in the room. this is used to explain a problem that no on else wants to talk about or address. mostly it's used in A-A when people have a drinking problem that everyone see's but does nothing to try and stop it. "The Elephant in the room". The story in this movie is that Leslie Zevo should grow up and take responsibly for his fathers company. but he can't so his brother Leland Zevo is called into action to take his place. I think the reason and this is just a wild guess as to why the Elephant is floating away is it's showing that his sons problem is now floating away. That problem ie the Elephant in the room is now gone and Leslie Zevo is now running the family business. Just like daddy always wanted and so the lesson is learned. so the Elephant is floating away, symbolizing release. This movie is full of symbolism. yet i feel it's a bit misused.

I kind of understand what you're getting at but I'm thinking it more the elephant monument of Leslie's father is back how Zevo Toys used to be. Free from the tryanny of making war toys and having fun and mirth. So the Elephant Monument is jovial... also could be a reference to Dumbo ("Have You Ever Seen an Elephant Fly?").

What makes me laugh is you can see the cable from where the helicopter attached it and began flying.

I kind of understand what you're getting at but I'm thinking it more the elephant monument of Leslie's father is back how Zevo Toys used to be. Free from the tryanny of making war toys and having fun and mirth. So the Elephant Monument is jovial... also could be a reference to Dumbo ("Have You Ever Seen an Elephant Fly?").

What makes me laugh is you can see the cable from where the helicopter attached it and began flying.

Thank you jarrycanada and DubipR for your insights. I hope that the "flying" elephant is a form of symbolism and not what I initially thought: there was a ton of extra money in the budget, and this was the most expensive shot anyone could think of.

Oh my god.

For the first time I just stumbled upon an ad for a new Robin Williams show, The Crazy Ones, that's coming out RIGHT NOW!

Eccentric ad agency where everyone sits around playing with toys in a childlike manner, young blonde woman brought in for important position with Robin Williams.

IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN! SUB-CREATURES, THE TRAVELER HAS COME! CHOOSE AND PERISH!

erfyn6.jpg

Thank you jarrycanada and DubipR for your insights. I hope that the "flying" elephant is a form of symbolism and not what I initially thought: there was a ton of extra money in the budget, and this was the most expensive shot anyone could think of.

I was just having a laugh at the movie and the stupid elephant. it may have some kinda Kubrick/Werner Herzog type of deep meaning in it. but most likely it's not. Mind you Paul did say on the podcast this was the director or writes, dream project and was writing this film for years before making it. so who really knows for sure, it's all lost to the viewer, Maybe someday they will make a special directors cut of this movie but that most likely will never happen.

this is a movie i saw when i was like 8 and did not realize was really dumb until now ok bye posting friends

• Like 1

I finally forced myself to finish this movie. At the end of it, Netflix dared to ask me to rate it. Just for shits and giggles, I decided to give it a high rating just to see what else it would recommend to me.

TOYSREC_zps10e305f0.jpg

Netflix was literally rendered speechless.

• Like 7

Netflix is kinda awesome sometimes. I was searching for bad movies one day years ago and came across Teenage Space Vampires. Instead of the usual rated PG for language/violence/etc.. it had this

vampire_violence.jpg

Sign in to follow this