🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

With even how poorly this movie was received, how did you miss the fact that this movie sparked a shitty Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo game? Holy shit that game was garbage.

Not for nothing, but responsibility for the crapstorm of music in this movie falls squarely on the shoulders of Trevor Horn and occasionally Hans Zimmer but mostly Trevor Horn. Tori Amos and Thomas Dolby and Wendy & Lisa (and Seal) perform on the album, but the songs are all written and produced, such as they are, by Horn, who produced all of Seal's albums, was in Yes, and was the Buggles ("Video Killed The Radio Star"). So blame that guy!

You guys also forgot the secret credit sequence! It's five flippin minutes of a flying bubblephant!

Are we supposed to believe that the father's grave moves everyday or something? Is that why Joan Cusack was wandering around going 'Where are you daddy?' when looking for the grave?

Oh, and her name sounded like 'Alsatia' not 'Alice' or whatever you guys said. Pretty sure that's a dog. Waited the whole movie for that to be explained...

You guys also forgot the secret credit sequence! It's five flippin minutes of a flying bubblephant!

If they're like me, they didn't forget it, they just didn't see it because Netflix Instant seemingly doesn't want anyone to ever see the closing credits of anything.

Correction and omission to your guys' comment about Michael Gabon's character being an American general who's British. When Gabon's character, in the beginning of the film, goes to see his father he actually comments on the fact that he's an American general with a British accent and (while at the same time complaining to him) explains to us the audience at the same time that it wasn't his fault he lived in England during his formative years and that he even tried to learn from a dialect coach how to speak with an American accent and then proceeds to do the most horrific American accent impression when simultaneously explaining to his dad that that's the best he could when speaking to his men despite the dialect coaching.

I wanted to make one more comment about the scene i previously mentioned and how nuts it is. First Michael Gabon's characters tells his dad how his men in Vietnam tried to "frag" him (effectively trying to kill him) and that the military was done with him, meaning that even the military couldnt stand his character. And finally, Gabon's character and his brother the factory owner who dies are both pretty freakin old, are we to believe their dad is actually still alive even tho he appears to be roughly almost the same age, and also, the father didnt attend the funeral in the beginning, wtf?!?!

Sorry last conment i swear, same scene, Gabon's character is in a crazy regressive state asking his dad for advice and constantly calling him "Daddy" like a little boy. Wow.