🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
PlanBFromOuterSpace

Nick Fury: Agent of SHIELD (1998)

How fucking crazy is it that Marvel's first big attempt of the modern era to get into live action stuff was this horrific SHIELD TV movie/backdoor pilot starring The Hoff, and now fifteen years later, A SHIELD TV show is not only highly-anticipated, but it's ALSO spinning out of a gajillion dollar movie franchise? This film is all kinds of bad, regardless of whether or not it was made for TV, and there's a lot to talk about, especially given the new series and how far Marvel has come from their late-90's bankruptcy. One of the weird things about this movie though is that like another film that HDTGM has covered, "Judge Dredd", the writer (in this case, "Dark Knight" co-scribe David Goyer) actually did their homework and the script features a lot of comic-faithful stuff. I used to have the DVD for this, but I think it's also available in it's entirety on YouTube.

hoffury.jpg

Anyone remember the old Punisher arcade game, where Nick fury was the Player 2 character? Fun fact: Punisher killed Nick Fury in the comics once, but he got better, and he and Frank Castle have been total bros ever since.

punisher.jpg

Dick punch!!!

info14.png

• Like 1

Huh, I don't know why the picture of Nick Fury punching somebody right in the cock from the game didn't show. Is that Sonic scolding me for taking a picture from a site, a fucking screen cap from a video game?!?!? Whatever, dude...

Just watched this one a couple of months ago, it is truely awful and I think exactly right for HDTGM, so many plot holes so much bad acting but as pointed out before at least there is a lot of references to the source material which kinda helps it stay faithful in a way but the hoff as nick fury... WTAF!!!!

I remember watching this on TV when it came out. My favorite bit of trivia is they asked Samuel L Jackson what he did to prepare for his role as Nick Fury and he said "I watched the David Hasselhoff NICK FURY and I decided I wasn't going to do any of that."

Hard to believe this was written by David S. Goyer. Guess he was still finding his legs then.  

They could probably get David Hasselhoff to guest

Sign in to follow this