🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 43 — Let's Hop Out and Kill Grandpa

After blowing the roof off the place, the gang is back in the halls of the tower where they started. What will they stumble upon as they continue their search for this old necromancer? You’ll have to tune in to find out! Plus, everyone shares tales of early dungeon masters and Blaine discovers the triangle in the room.

My heart started to sink when I realized that there was only 10 minutes left. I wanted them to meet this guy so badly! And then it ended. Argh! Well, I have to thank Brian for trying.

Boring Rules Thoughts:

re 4e... I think that the team's style of play is much more geared towards story telling. The ship stuff reminds me of when I've played Star Wars RPGs and there's lots of rolling that you don't do, but it works for the story. Sometimes game mechanics really get in the way of the adventure. I like the way they play. Dice roles aren't always necessary, especially if the characters have mastered piloting a ship or what have you.

2e! Triangle is hilarious. Best Vin Diesel impression ever, was that Ken?

I liked the break down of the editions at the start of the episode . Sark is a shitty 4e GM since he doesn't know the rules but he is an excellent overall GM improvising rolls to be what rolls are meant to be for, making fate decide a certain direction of the story. I am glad they are done with 4e even if they never really plaed it. 4e was crap.

I also liked that they turned into needless vandals at the end of the show.

And yeah, the triangle should stay

Wow, that is how 2e rolls work? That is so much better than difficulty checks of 4e!

I nearly died when Sir Richard made an in-character Lebowski reference.

Next week on NERD POKER:

Amarth Amon [to old man]: This aggression will not stand, man.

• Like 1

Best episode in a long time. 30 wickedly funny minutes before the characters even did anything.

After hearing the Vin Diesel impersonation, I started to wonder why there was an effort to get the real Vin in the room. Just have 'Nega Vin' sit in for an episode.

It took 20 mins before the "Maise" maze joke sunk in. I was still charmed. Though I laughed much harder at Back door/Shaft teams and "Before we send you hell, old man, we're going to send you to heaven". Sometimes the cheap laughs are the best.

this is first time in ever that ive caught up to the show and now im not sure what to do with my life. i dunno how other listeners feel but i lurv when u guys go off-topic and just start talkin about ur lives and ur interests n shit

ps - i cant get enough of looney tunes references from blaine. every time he does it hits me right the childhood

Sign in to follow this