🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Foos

The People Under The Stairs

This is one of those movies that, as a kid, seemed absolutely terrifying to me based on the trailers. But then I saw it later as a teenager, and it was almost like slapstick. It was one of those moments where you think, 'I was afraid of THIS?'.

• Like 1

Love this movie. I just love that the hero is a little badass black kid who is brave and selfless.

• Like 1

I wish The Ramones did songs for all of Stephen King's movies. I can see them churning out a decent one for this, although now that I'm overthinking it, I'm going to have the early 1980s Misfits time travel and make awesome jams for horror movies released after they broke up.

Actually, that's my next movie. Glenn Danzig has to travel back in time to warn his 1987 self to prevent the current Misfits lineup. And remind himself to pick up some kitty litter.

I wish The Ramones did songs for all of Stephen King's movies. I can see them churning out a decent one for this, although now that I'm overthinking it, I'm going to have the early 1980s Misfits time travel and make awesome jams for horror movies released after they broke up.

Actually, that's my next movie. Glenn Danzig has to travel back in time to warn his 1987 self to prevent the current Misfits lineup. And remind himself to pick up some kitty litter.

FYI, this was a Wes Craven, not a Stephen King

FYI, this was a Wes Craven, not a Stephen King

Well shit. My Danzig time travel movie is already in production.

• Like 1

This is such a great movie. A little disjointed but I would hardly think it's right to do an episode on it. Totally worth watching for anyone who hasn't seen it

Well shit. My Danzig time travel movie is already in production.

If a Danzig flaps his wings in Brazil will it cause a tornado in Texas?

This would be a fun choice for the Halloween episode. Incest, cannibalism, white supremacy, a gimp suit and Angela's dysfunctional best friend from My So-Called Life...this movie has it all!

It's not a bad movie and it certainly wasn't a flop (it made $30+ million on a $6 million budget), but it's totally fascinating and would provide plenty of discussion fodder.

tumblr_mgdfkjpjoi1qgxy6bo1_500.gif

• Like 2

Maybe I'll watch this tonight. thanks seanotron for reminding me. it's the power of Yanni working it's magic for me.

it's a long story. :D/>/>/>/>/>/>/>

So far the movie doesn't seem so bad, Kind of enjoying it.

I'm done.

So is this the origin story for the gimp from pulp fiction.?

The main story isn't really all that bad. the only problem is its never explained why they are kidnapping these kids and holding them in the basement. This is my guess. This couple doesn't like heavy metal bands.lol

what's really strange at the end of the movie when they release the crazy people in the basement nobody on the street was scared or frightened or taken by the creepiness of these walking dead like weirdos now walking amongst them.

Just another crazy day in the neighbourhood, oh look money.

This is one of those movies that bums me out more people havent seen it. It's a fantastic movie and 100% perfect for this podcast.

It's Wes Craven still on the top of his game. But it is insane. And I can't wait for an episode of Wig Talk discussing Wendy Robie's hair & makeup in this.

tumblr_m1sb1ckaCa1qedb29o1_500.gif

• Like 1

This is easily one of my favorite movies and it kills me to hear anybody say anything bad about it. It's just a great adventure movie, I love it

• Like 1

This is easily one of my favorite movies and it kills me to hear anybody say anything bad about it. It's just a great adventure movie, I love it

whatno.gif

I didn't say it was bad. I agree with you it was a good movie and I really enjoyed it last night. just pointing out some of the weaknesses.

Other then the gimp suit, I am liking this movie. i am not sure why he needed a rubber suit to keep his house safe. I guess Big Ed Hurley & Nadine Hurley have gotten a little crazy after living in such a small town like twin peaks.

I didn't say it was bad. I agree with you it was a good movie and I really enjoyed it last night. just pointing out some of the weaknesses.

Other then the gimp suit, I am liking this movie. i am not sure why he needed a rubber suit to keep his house safe. I guess Big Ed Hurley & Nadine Hurley have gotten a little crazy after living in such a small town like twin peaks.

The gimp suit is amazing in how unnecessary it is. But it just fits into the movie so well, I couldnt even imagine it without it.

Also, I can only imagine the self confidence boost a gimp suit would give him.

• Like 1

100% on board with this suggestion.

Have seen this movie a half dozen times, but had never watched Twin Peaks until this year. After watching the entire series, was shocked to realize that Ed and Nadine played the couple in this movie.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this